Cards taken from Caribbean Princess

klugh

For the people who just returned for the Caribbean Princess, did you have your cards taken from you when you left the ship???

I'm going on June 13 and I like to keep my card for a keepsake.

Thanks Deb

Marilyn, what is even stranger is that I just checked, and they didn't take our cruise cards away on the Dawn this last time, I still have them.

It seems to be a hit and miss thing anymore, with the Star Princess being the #1 culprit that is keeping the cards as you disembark.

Marilyn, what is even stranger is that I just checked, and they didn't take our cruise cards away on the Dawn this last time, I still have them.

It seems to be a hit and miss thing anymore, with the Star Princess being the #1 culprit that is keeping the cards as you disembark.

Toto, it is strange isn't it. Now I am going to be on the Star this Oct. and I suspect they will take my cards too. I will report here if they do not but it is a weird thing that a few ships would take the cards and the rest would not. Should be a fleet wide thing.

Marilyn

It also seems to have to do with the individual ports - depends on what the port authority wants to do - let you keep them, or take them away. Also, if they are having computer problems on disembarkation, they may keep them in order to manually check everyone out and make sure all of the past voyage passengers are off of the ship.

The problem with calling Princess customer service is that you're likely to get the wrong answer, or if you get a correct answer, who's to say it won't change down the road.

If you REALLY need to keep your card, what some people have done is go to the Purser's desk early in the cruise and tell them you lost your card, and they will issue you a new one. I think they disable your first card, so just tuck it away somewhere.

I almost hesitate to suggest this because I'm one of those people who wants to keep their card (I scrapbook my cruises), but if enough passengers do this, they will start charging for the reissue.

T

It also seems to have to do with the individual ports - depends on what the port authority wants to do - let you keep them, or take them away.

As one poster noted, they had their Princess cards taken when they departed, but friends departing another brand ship in the same port that day were able to keep their cards. So, in that port, it had nothing to do with the port authority.

Have never had to relinquish my card when disembarking a Princess cruise (51 to date). This was the case on the 3 Caribbean Princess sailings I did in May.

However, in February on the Queen Mary 2, I did have to relinquish my card upon disembarkation.

For the people who just returned for the Caribbean Princess, did you have your cards taken from you when you left the ship???

Thanks Deb

Returned yesterday from the CB and we have ours. :)

Thanks Deb

Come over to our Roll Call board for that cruise. We have the best group of people ever.

Archived