Need Your Help Voyager out of Galveston

I'm traveling with friends who are in their late 70's and I am trying to help them out. Anyone who has been on this particular ship out of Galveston can probably help me make a decision.

The people I am traveling with are mobile and quite healthy. No wheel chairs or other aides needed.

Can you tell me if I book them a suite if they will be able to board the ship without waiting in long lines and can they get off the ship early?

In other words what kind of amenities will they receive that will help them on and off the ship by booking a suite?

I have read horror stories of disembarkation in Galveston can take two hours to get thrugh customs. That is really sad if it is true, because you go on a vacation to relax not come home haggard.

I have searced the boards, I'm not very good at it, for suite amenities, but I have found nothing for the Voyager in Galveston.

Please help us so I can decide which ship to book on.

Thanks to everyone.

Ron

Sailed on the Voyager out of Galveston in April. Yes they will be among the first to check in with a suite. There are plenty of chairs to sit and wait until RC is ready to board the ship. If they are mobile and healthy they shouldn't have a problem.

I've traveled out of Galveston many times and have never had to wait "hours" to get through customs (even when they had it onboard the ship). In fact, our last trip out of Galveston was February, 2008 on Voyager. No problems at all. They seem to have it pretty well under control now.

Back in July 2007 (Rhapsody), we were very thankful to have a Junior Suite though. The line for customs WAS horrible.

Bottom line, book them a suite. Even if there are no disembarkation problems, they will LOVE the room!

I'm going to book them into a suite. They are wonderful people and have done for other. They deserve a suite.

Thanks to you all for your help. I read these boards and some times I just don't know what to think. It can get pretty desperate. Some people have lots of bad luck.

I tried to find out about the suite aminities on RCI's web site but they don't go into detail. I figured that past passengers would know.

Thanks.

Ron

Sometimes there are difficulties on disembarking in Galveston due to fog. I have been on a couple of cruises where the ship didn't dock until late. This causes difficulties all around. This is an exception not the rule. Galveston port is run very smooth and is a friendly port.

Your friends will love a suite on the Voyager. We were in Grand Suite 1252 in January and got spoiled very quickly. Here are a couple of photos from my album. Our closets and shelves were behind the mirrored wall and below the counter is your mini-fridge and lots of drawers. We also had wine and water glasses to drink from. The were on the right hand side of the counter, above the bar. The patio had two tables, a lounger and 3 chairs. If I can find a photo of our beds I'll post it back here.

We must have hit it lucky. I did Voyager and waited about 20 minutes for disembark to start, and it started eaarlier than they announced it would. They said 7:30 or 7:45?? and I was off the ship and going thru customs before 7:30 a.m.

I heard some comments later that others were not so lucky. Maybe we were the only ones who figured out where the door was that early?

Since they are going to be in a suite, and will have WHITE tags, AND they are NOT in a hurry....

they might consider a liesurely departure. That way they will have no problem sorting through luggage to find theirs and can more easily depart.

I've booked them. They are in suite 1574.

Lady Cruiser, thanks for the pictures. I'm going to share them with them.

No they will not be able to wait leasurely for departure. They need to get off as early as they can, because we have a 8 hour drive to Alabama.

I'm not booked into a suite. I hope I can get off with them. Since I am driving.

Thanks for all the information from everyone. It is greatly appreciated.

As for the fog or what ever any delays may be that is just part of life. You don't win them all. We'll just have to deal with it.

Ron

You will have no problems departing with them, just stay together. Go to voyager-class.com and to virtual photos (something like that) and click on your deck and cabin and you can see pictures of the cabin. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Archived