1st time cruise - Noordam

I will be cruising for the first time ever Oct 18 on the Noordam, full verandah suite. I would like to book time in the spa prior to sailing. Is this possible? Has anyone used the spa services on board? Also - how can I find out who the chef will be in the Culinary Center for this cruise

Congratulations! You are going to love your first cruise, especially because you'll be in a suite. There will be lots of people to answer all of your questions. Have a wonderful time.

I just finished my first ever cruise (May 19-29) aboard the Noordam...WOW. What a great time and a great ship. My friends and I went to the spa around noon on the day of embarkation and were able to get massages that afternoon. That would be the time to book any other times you want, as well. Those girls really work you over good. I actually fell asleep twice during the session. Oh, and the spa gives 20% discounts while in port. Have a great cruise!

Yes, I agree with Romagnome about how good the girls were (we were on the same cruise) and look for the 20/20/20 specials on the port days. 20 minutes each of 3 different treatments (your choice) for $89! Just book as soon as you can when onboard. Debbi

Hi Julia! How was your trip home?

My wife and I just finished our first HAL trip a few weeks ago on the Amsterdam and we are going to cruise in September on the Oosterdam. We fully enjoyed the HAL touch. I think you will too:D

I will be cruising for the first time ever Oct 18 on the Noordam, full verandah suite. I would like to book time in the spa prior to sailing. Is this possible? Has anyone used the spa services on board? Also - how can I find out who the chef will be in the Culinary Center for this cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic's! We are also sailing on the MS Noordam, October 18. Please join our Noordam Oct 18-ROLL CALL. Sail away get together and Meet and Greet have all been set up.

I could not find that they have a scheduled celebrity chef on this cruise but as already stated they will still have culinary demonstrations. You have chosen a great line and ship for a first cruise.:D

I don't believe you can book spa appointments before you board, but you're better off waiting anyway. As the others have said, they have some excellent specials - especially on port days. I think we had specials from the spa in our mail every day.

Congratulations for booking your first cruise...and on the wonderful Noordam. I think you will be very pleased-I have sailed her twice and both cruises were fabulous. The spa was certainly one of the highlights, Happy cruising:)

Archived