CC group cruise out of Baltimore

cathyoo

Calyn2323 - my weekend was a hectic and went by much too fast. But I cruise in 10 weeks so I can handle anything. Sure hope we hear something SOON cause I always have to have a cruise waiting it gets me through the tough times.

I am really interested in the Baltimore cruises..I plan on taking my sister on her first cruise and I don't want to fly whatwith all the red tape anymore...It's not worth it !!! I have always cruised in the early spring so am a little nervous cruising during hurricane season.. I have been to Nassau and Freeport so I am looking forward to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay..My sister will be thrilled just to get out of Pa..I have already priced out the gas prices for a driving trip to Baltimore...Will be seeing her this weekend so I might drop the bombshell on her then..Have to get her, her passport this fall...So will be checking back for prices for 8/29/2010 cruise...:D

Granny1 what a wonderful gift for your sister. Oh won't she be thrilled. I sure hope we hear something soon and that you can join us. Keep checking back and let us know how your bombshell is received.

I'm a little worried now.. my friend was trying to set up an AI for the Pride in June of 2010 and said the ship was almost sold out and the prices were very high. I'm hoping only the AI package is almost sold out. I believe they limit the amount of groups that can use that. Worried about the price thing.. since a bunch of people interested in going on this are first times I was hoping for good prices just to entice them.

I priced this itinerary/date out yesterday on Carnival's site. It was quite high. For 4 people in an OV guarantee stateroom, including port charges/fuel supplements, it was over $4,000. Price will be my deciding factor between June or August, which when I priced it, came in under $3,000 for the same trip.

I don't know what you're referring to "AI". Can you explain a little? thanks

CruisenNJ

Didn't you just get back from a cruise? Tell us all about it, we need a diversion.

The cruise is in less then 2 years! 229 days!:)

Calyn - yes, just got off the Victory last week. It was a different type of cruise than going to the Caribbean for sure! Much quieter - not too much to do in port if you didn't want to go on a jet boat ride and get soaked with 59 degree water (which I didn't care to do!). I don't think I'll be heading north again. The kids were bored in port; it was too chilly to sit by the pool except the last afternoon. Even the roll call was rather quiet - only 2 of us from cruise critic showed up for the meet & greet. After we returned someone on the roll call posted that some people met by a bar on the lido. Since the meet & greet was set up for the tables aft on the lido deck, we never ventured over there. The 2 other people I met though were very nice.

Anyway -- I thought of the ship as the destination, and any day on a cruise sure beats the heck out of a day at work!

I priced this itinerary/date out yesterday on Carnival's site. It was quite high. For 4 people in an OV guarantee stateroom, including port charges/fuel supplements, it was over $4,000. Price will be my deciding factor between June or August, which when I priced it, came in under $3,000 for the same trip.

I don't know what you're referring to "AI". Can you explain a little? thanks

I would probably spend $4000.00 for my family of four flying to Fla for a cruise. Yes, this would be the same price, but much less hassle for me. I can be at the port in an hour and a half driving. And no worries about flights, hotel the night before, etc.

Oh, and I don't know what an AI is either??

<

I think it stands for all inclusive and with a cruise it would be an all you can drink package.

Em

I figured it was something like that. Although I really was never clear if something like that actually existed.

I'm sorry AI is all inclusive which just means your drinks are covered. Well certain alcholic drinks.

CrookedHalo... bummed also... haven't heard a thing. But it appears the August Pride group is in the same boat or should I say ship.

Hopefully the beginning of this week will bring us some good news.

Just keeping this thread alive. I see we're nearing the two month mark. I'll say the same comment I said on the thread for the August itinerary... maybe the 2 month anniversary will be the big pricing day. If so, this thread started 8/6, so maybe tomorrow???:rolleyes:

thanks for the bump CruisinNJ... from your lips to Laura's ears... Would be wonderful if it was TODAY....I'm going on vacation next week and thought for sure I'd be well on my way to planning this one... Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

thanks for the bump CruisinNJ... from your lips to Laura's ears... Would be wonderful if it was TODAY....I'm going on vacation next week and thought for sure I'd be well on my way to planning this one... Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Still watching and waiting. We have a family reunion next week and a Labor day party coming up. It would be nice to have info for the trip to try to get more people to go. I know its 2 years away, we have plenty of time.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Carolyn

I think I'm about ready to give up. My cousin is running an all-inclusive on the either the Pride or the Dream in 11/09. The Pride is about $200 cheaper a person for the same islands. Maybe I'll just go on that and find a different cruise for 2010.

I know this is kind of frustrating. I hate to wait. I called my TA last week and she couldn't get group pricing for all the categories either, only the bal(8c) and inside. I read that Carnival is making some changes on how they price the rooms. Like mid-ship will be more expensive then the bow or stern. This is why we are probably having to wait. This is just my guess.

Cathyoo- don't give up. Pricing will come soon.

Archived