westerdam midnight buffet

We were just on the Westerdam for 19 day and 7 day Alaskan cruise.

Yes the buffet is every evening starting around 11:30.

And one evening there will be the dessert extravaganza.

Maybe it is done for Alaska then.We did a caribbean back in April and all we had was the dessert buffet one night.

We were just on the Westerdam for 19 day and 7 day Alaskan cruise.

Yes the buffet is every evening starting around 11:30.

And one evening there will be the dessert extravaganza.

There was a "late night snack" from 11 p.m. to midnight in the Lido, but not a Midnight Buffet in the traditional sense of the word (aka history of cruise lines).

I agree. On the Westerdam in Alaska, there was a late night snack available in the buffet, but nothing on the scale of what you might have experienced years ago. As other posters said, the ships just don't do it any more. IMHO, the dessert extravaganza by the pool was a big disappointment. It was nothing on the scale of what we've experienced ono RCCL.

I agree. On the Westerdam in Alaska, there was a late night snack available in the buffet, but nothing on the scale of what you might have experienced years ago. As other posters said, the ships just don't do it any more. IMHO, the dessert extravaganza by the pool was a big disappointment. It was nothing on the scale of what we've experienced ono RCCL.

I never ate the gala buffets anyway. We would just go to take pictures, mainly, althoguh my hubby would ususally get a plate.

Personally, I prefer the food to be great in the dinningrooms the way it is on HAL then to have extravagent buffets every night. HAL's food is tons better then lines like RCI whose food is mediocre at best.

I also do not remember Celebrity going all out with a gala buffet, but still, the dinningroom food was wonderful and that is what counted to me.

Archived