Weather in October

umdc314

Hi, this is my first time posting and I am looking forward to hearing the answer. My wife and I are looking to go on the Egypt and the Aegean in October 2009. Yesterday we were talking to some people who went on a cruise in the Mediterranean last October and said it is a bad idea because the water is really rough. They told us to go no later than September. Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps the water in the eastern mediterranean and aegean will be fine (they went to the western mediterranean). Any information will be appreciated.

We did an "Egypt and Aegean" itinerary on Golden Princess in mid-November 2006. We had no rough seas at all -- it was very smooth sailing.

Of course, you can never rule out a storm, just as you can't predict hurricanes in the Caribbean. But in general I don't think the seas are necessarily rougher in October than September.

We sailed on the Star Princess last November/December RT Rome on the Egypt/Aegean itineary. We encountered lovely seas and I can't remember even a few hours where it was rough.

We found November a bit too chilly for our liking, so if we decide to do this itineary again, it will definitely be in October.

Hi umdc314 and a warm welcome to the Cruise Critic boards!:) :)

We cruised the Western Med from Sept 29th to Oct 6th in 2007 and weather was perfect and seas were calm.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise,

Aussiecruzer.

We sailed on the Celebrity Galaxy for four weeks from Athens to San Juan and we had two bad weather days in all that time. Weather is weather, you just have to hope for the best. We found it very comfortable in November and December. Just needed a light jacket on a few days and shorts on many days.

Archived