How do you know if you have a decent cabin location?

it's not too bad...could have been worse.....you are not midship and you are near a stairwell....other than that you're o.k.....what did you travel agent tell ya? if you got a good travel agent, they know what is good/bad

let me know if you got more questions

Nice site. Do you happen to have one for the Grand Princess that is similar?

This site was made by a fellow CC'er and unfortunately there is no other like that for the other ships. Too bad. At least though we have the Coral/Island. I thank that man every single day for that site. That took alot of hard work.

marilyn

I have a cabin on hold for a cruise, and am curious if it is a good location. We will be on the Island Princess.

Cabin #: C637 Deck: Caribe Deck Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom Category: BD

You will like this room. We where on the Island and had C622 and love it.

Why don't you just go to the cruise lines website and look at the deck plans? Or better yet, get a brochure from your TA.

Things to look for in cabin location are placement (mid ship, forward, aft), how far from the elevators you are, whether the cabins is an adjoining cabin (we don't recommend them unless you are traveling with someone you know in the adjoining cabin - they can be very noisy) and more important, what is above and below your cabin.

You want to stay away from cabins that have public areas above or below if you can, in particular nightclubs, pools or the theater. You may hear noise being under or over any of those locations.

Hi,

I've booked the cabin above yours, B637, on the Coral for our upcoming cruise, after careful consideration. I thought it would be nice to be the first cabin of the bumpout so can see further ahead without having to lean over the rail. The difference is C637 has a much bigger balcony. A lot of people really enjoy those Caribe balconies because they are half covered and half uncovered. I don't think that cabin was available when we booked ours but I'm not sure which I would have chosen if it was. We are happy with the smaller completely covered balcony for the privacy. The cabin next to yours would be able to see easily into your balcony (see the photos on Tom's site). Still, I think you have made a good choice. Those balconies do look really nice.

Only one minor problem with those cabins on the first bump out is that the balcony can be windy when the ship is sailing without a balcony beside you for wind protection. Other than that, it's an excellent location. Cabins are very sound proof. Stairs should not be a problem.

Tracey,

We have had this cabin (although it was 4 years ago) and we loved it. We always try and pick Caribe deck (because the balconies are larger) but on this bump-out the view is amazing as you are open on the side. You don't have much privacy so I guess you have to decide which is more important - privacy or view. We did the Panama Canal on the Island and it was definitely the view for us.

Hi,

I've booked the cabin above yours, B637, on the Coral for our upcoming cruise, after careful consideration. I thought it would be nice to be the first cabin of the bumpout so can see further ahead without having to lean over the rail. The difference is C637 has a much bigger balcony. A lot of people really enjoy those Caribe balconies because they are half covered and half uncovered. I don't think that cabin was available when we booked ours but I'm not sure which I would have chosen if it was. We are happy with the smaller completely covered balcony for the privacy. The cabin next to yours would be able to see easily into your balcony (see the photos on Tom's site). Still, I think you have made a good choice. Those balconies do look really nice.

My inlaws are next to us, so we are thinking of opening up the balcony anyways :)

Archived