I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Banditoo

The hotel is located at Nyhavn so you are in the middle of it all.

@ Fun_seeker

You can do it on a very long day

First will be Amalienborg

Rosenborg

Rundetårn The Round Tower

Then a 20 minute walk down strøget to the town hall square where Tivoli is located.

The other locations is also 15-20 minutes away from each other.

I think, I read here to have lunch from one of the street carts. Can you tell me what to have and roughly what it would cost. We will be taking DKK with us. We will be doing the HOHO bus, is there a cart on route that you would recommend. Don't want to stop too long to have lunch when there is so much to see with so little time in port to see everything.

To Danish Viking.

Hope you're up for hot dogs. (I've seen your prices over there!!! LOL) ...and you'll have to wear your rollerblades too, as we're going to have to practically FLY through your beautiful city! :-) Our ship leaves at 5:00 P.M.! :-( I can tell already, that we will be booking a return "land" trip to Copenhagen in the future!

I think, I read here to have lunch from one of the street carts. Can you tell me what to have and roughly what it would cost. We will be taking DKK with us. We will be doing the HOHO bus, is there a cart on route that you would recommend. Don't want to stop too long to have lunch when there is so much to see with so little time in port to see everything.

Have a "risted polse med den hele" - - a "roated" hot dog with "the works"

they run about $5 - 7 US each depending on what part of the city you are in.

Hint - if you find yourself near Tivoli, walk across the square from the main entrance and hang a LEFT when you see the Wallmans Dinner theater. You will be looking AT a big painted building - it's a movie theater. There is a hot dog cart there that has THE BEST (and this is from NUMEROUS sources!) hot dogs in the city. Not sure why, but his are the ones that we go out of our way for each time we're even remotely in that area.

ENJOY!!!

Tivoli Opens for the 2009 Season on Wednesday, April 8 :D

Tickets:

In Tivoli you pay seperately for admission and rides. You can buy your admission ticket at any of Tivoli's three entrances, the Main Entrance on 3 Vesterbrogade, the Station Entrance across the road from the Central Station, or the Glyptotek Entrance on the corner of Tietgensgade and H.C. Andersens Boulevard.

Please note, that the Glyptotek Entrance is not open during Halloween and Christmas in Tivoli 2008.

Multi-Ride Ticket (Turpas):

A Multi-ride ticket allows you to use the rides as much as you wish to. The Turpas is sold at the entrances as well as from the Turpas booths and machines inside Tivoli. (my note - if you want to do more than 2 rides, GET THIS pass! SO much less expensive!).

Ride Ticket (Turbillet):

Ride tickets allow you to try a single ride. You need 1-3 ride tickets depending on which ride you wish to try. The price is DKK 20 per ticket (i.e. the rides cost from DKK 20 up to DKK 60 if you buy single tickets). Ride tickets are sold from the ticket booths inside Tivoli and from vending machines in the Gardens.

Rides:

At 11:30 a.m. a selection of rides for both younger and older enthusiasts are opened. All rides are open from 3 p.m. Only Multi-ride tickets or individual ride tickets give access to the rides (no cash payment). Continuous rides are not permitted. Even with a Multi-ride ticket you have to queue again if you want to go on the ride again.

Entertainment:

For the events which are not free you can book your ticket at Tivoli's Ticket Centre, Phone: +45 33 15 10 12 or on-line at www.billetnet.dk.

Storage lockers and baby changing facilities:

Close to all three Tivoli entrances you will find lockers to store you big bags in.

In Puslehuset there are comfortable baby changing facilities and free nappies/diapers. Comfortable chairs for feeding your baby and a microwave oven to warm a bottle in. Access for parents with babies only, but there are toys available for impatient siblings.

Lost and found:

Lost property will be brought to the Service Centre by the main entrance. Twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, the police collect the lost property found at Tivoli Gardens. Address: Københavns Politi, Hittegodskontoret, Slotsherrensvej 113, DK - 2720 Vanløse, Phone: +45 38 74 88 22. Fax: +45 3343 0094. E-mail: kbh-hittegods@politi.dk.

Samaritans:

Tivoli has trained nurses on duty if you need medical attention. The Samaritans' office is next to Puslehuset (baby changing facility).

Currency:

You can pay at Tivoli's entrances with most common foreign currencies. Inside Tivoli there are 2 cash dispensers where you can use credit cards such as Visa, Master etc.

Information:

Make sure to get the Tivoli Guide as you enter the Gardens. In the Tivoli Guide you'll find a map as well as more useful information about your visit to Denmark's biggest attraction. The Guide is available in Danish and English.

The daily programme of events is listed om posters throughout Tivoli.

Dogs:

Dogs - with the exception of guide dogs - are not allowed into Tivoli.

http://www.bakken.dk/english.html

This is the world's oldest amusement park. It's a great little "off the beaten path" outing if you have a few days in Copenhagen.

It's surrounded by the Dyrehave (animal park - - which is the "deer park") - which is a LOVELY place to walk in nature.

Highly recommend for a 1/2 day or so.

Garder.jpg April 16 - Celebration of the Queen's birthday at Amalienborg HRH Queen Margrete II, is celebrated on the balcony of Amalienborg Palace by the Danes and Copenhageners at noon 12.00, where people by tradition gather at the square of Amalienborg Palace and wave the Danish flag for the Queen and her family. The Royal Guard will be dressed in red galla uniforms and will play many birthday song for the Queen. Visitors, who are in Copenhagen, should experience this popular and traditional event in royal surroundings.

www.kongehuset.dk

SO - if you're in town on the 16th of April - be sure to stop on by and wish HRH a happy birthday!

If you have more than one day in CPH and love art:

Arken-VanGogh.jpg ARKEN 2009 – Museum of Modern Art VAN GOGH – CÉZANNE – GAUGUIN – MONET – RENOIR – DEGAS – PISSARRO – RODIN… If you are visiting Copenhagen between February and June 2009 and at the same time is a genuine art lover – then the ARKEN Museum for Modern Art is presenting 53 selected works of French Impressionists and Post-Impressionists from Israel Museum - Jerusalem: Paintings and bronze sculptures from the turn of the last century, with main works by artists such as Monet, Pissarro, Renoir, Degas, Rodin, Gauguin, Cézanne and Van Gogh. This impressive exhibition is organized by the Israel Museum - Jerusalem in collaboration with ARKEN Museum of Modern Art.

www.arken.dk

Tivoli Opens for the 2009 Season on Wednesday, April 8 :D

Tickets:

In Tivoli you pay seperately for admission and rides. You can buy your admission ticket at any of Tivoli's three entrances, the Main Entrance on 3 Vesterbrogade, the Station Entrance across the road from the Central Station, or the Glyptotek Entrance on the corner of Tietgensgade and H.C. Andersens Boulevard.

Please note, that the Glyptotek Entrance is not open during Halloween and Christmas in Tivoli 2008.

Multi-Ride Ticket (Turpas):

A Multi-ride ticket allows you to use the rides as much as you wish to. The Turpas is sold at the entrances as well as from the Turpas booths and machines inside Tivoli. (my note - if you want to do more than 2 rides, GET THIS pass! SO much less expensive!).

Ride Ticket (Turbillet):

Ride tickets allow you to try a single ride. You need 1-3 ride tickets depending on which ride you wish to try. The price is DKK 20 per ticket (i.e. the rides cost from DKK 20 up to DKK 60 if you buy single tickets). Ride tickets are sold from the ticket booths inside Tivoli and from vending machines in the Gardens.

Rides:

At 11:30 a.m. a selection of rides for both younger and older enthusiasts are opened. All rides are open from 3 p.m. Only Multi-ride tickets or individual ride tickets give access to the rides (no cash payment). Continuous rides are not permitted. Even with a Multi-ride ticket you have to queue again if you want to go on the ride again.

Entertainment:

For the events which are not free you can book your ticket at Tivoli's Ticket Centre, Phone: +45 33 15 10 12 or on-line at

www.billetnet.dk.

Storage lockers and baby changing facilities:

Close to all three Tivoli entrances you will find lockers to store you big bags in.

In Puslehuset there are comfortable baby changing facilities and free nappies/diapers. Comfortable chairs for feeding your baby and a microwave oven to warm a bottle in. Access for parents with babies only, but there are toys available for impatient siblings.

Lost and found:

Lost property will be brought to the Service Centre by the main entrance. Twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, the police collect the lost property found at Tivoli Gardens. Address: Københavns Politi, Hittegodskontoret, Slotsherrensvej 113, DK - 2720 Vanløse, Phone: +45 38 74 88 22. Fax: +45 3343 0094. E-mail: kbh-hittegods@politi.dk.

Samaritans:

Tivoli has trained nurses on duty if you need medical attention. The Samaritans' office is next to Puslehuset (baby changing facility).

Currency:

You can pay at Tivoli's entrances with most common foreign currencies. Inside Tivoli there are 2 cash dispensers where you can use credit cards such as Visa, Master etc.

Information:

Make sure to get the Tivoli Guide as you enter the Gardens. In the Tivoli Guide you'll find a map as well as more useful information about your visit to Denmark's biggest attraction. The Guide is available in Danish and English.

The daily programme of events is listed om posters throughout Tivoli.

Dogs:

Dogs - with the exception of guide dogs - are not allowed into Tivoli.

You are amazing!!! :D Again, thanks for EVERYTHING!! I have an additional question. How late into the season is Tivoli open? We'll be in Copenhagen 9/10 thru 9/13 and again on 9/23. Will everything still be open.

Thanks,

You are amazing!!! :D Again, thanks for EVERYTHING!! I have an additional question. How late into the season is Tivoli open? We'll be in Copenhagen 9/10 thru 9/13 and again on 9/23. Will everything still be open.

Thanks,

http://www.tivoli.dk (then click the British flag for English)

from there you can see the full calendar w/ events etc.

But yes, as Danish Viking said - it's open through Sept 20th, so you'll be able to visit between the 10-13th.

Enjoy!

I noticed on an International weather web site that daily tempeatures in Copenhagen average in the mid 60s to low 70s in late July and August. I can hardly wait to step out of this 100 degree plus Texas heat and into those temps.

Wow "J.C." Just realized we live within 20 miles of each other. Am just down the road in Dallas. Unfortunately, I'll be back from my trip to the Baltics, JUST IN TIME for those 100 degree plus days here in good old Texas! Argh. Enjoy the respite.

There will be 3 adults, 6 pieces of luggage, 1 walker folded in a nylon bag and a folding wheelchair. I am assuming that we will not be able to fit everything in a regular taxi. How can I reserve a vehicle big enough for all of this stuff plus us. We do not need a handicap lift vehicle. We are coming in on the Eurodam in May. Thanks

I noticed on an International weather web site that daily tempeatures in Copenhagen average in the mid 60s to low 70s in late July and August. I can hardly wait to step out of this 100 degree plus Texas heat and into those temps.

This is what's going to make the Baltics difficult.....not really knowing what to pack for the weather. I know from California winters that temperatures in the 60s and (low) 70s are not really warm enough for shorts, but probably too warm for jeans. I guess layering will be the order of the day and I'll perhaps have to expand my collection of convertible pants (they have zip-out legs).

Brand new to this forum...really appreciate all of the info you've shared. We'll be in Copenhagen for the first time, for 3 days prior to a Baltic Cruise this May. We were excited to learn the Copenhagen (or Danish) Beer Festival at Valby Hallen will take place while we're there. However, we haven't been able to find out any details as to the festival hours for Fri May 15, the cost, whether we can buy a 1 day ticket, whether we need to buy tickets in advance, etc.... I found references to a website called ale.dk. Took a look, but it's entirely in Danish. Would appreciate anything you can tell us about the festival.

I cheated so i used Google Language tool :)

You have to buy the ticket at www.billetnet.dk or at the entrance and the price is 200 dkk.

We can again offer a warm welcome to Ølfestival in Copenhagen from 15 - 17 May 2009.

Since Danish Ølentusiaster stuffed round last year, we chose, among other things to mark it with a major European Ølfestival which we place at Carlsberg.

This year we return to Valby Hallen, which provides the best framework for Copenhagen Øldage 2009

Ølfestivalens guests have the opportunity to taste a large and varied range of beers - including several news on the Danish market. Brewers, importers, small brewers and others will present the best they can within the beer world.

The purpose of the festival is to present beer as a versatile experience of high quality. We will do this by giving ølentusiaster and other curious who will challenge beer diversity, opportunity to test range of the Danish brewers supply of beer and to try rare beers from Danish and foreign breweries.

Tickets can be purchased at Billetnet 1 March 2009 and at the entrance to Ølfestivalen.

If you are a member of Danske Ølentusister can buy tickets at ale.dk to and including 15 April 2009.

Then on Billetnet and at the entrance to Ølfestivalen.

There is only one type of fare this year - a day ticket - which includes:

Entrance to Copenhagen Øldage

the official tasting glass

a fuller Festival Guide, which describes the exhibitors and their beers

10 tokens which can be transformed into tastings

Copenhagen Øldage has the following opening hours:

Friday, 15 May 2009 kl. 14-23

Saturday 16 May 2009 kl. 12-23

Sunday 17 May 2009 kl. 12-17

Serving tasters stop at festival official closing time.

Smoke-free festival

The festival is non-smoking inside Valby-Hallen and audience tent. Smoking is only allowed outdoors, and there is ash basins.

Alcohol Policy

Now it is seems contradictory to have an alcohol policy in a ølfestival, but it is certainly not the case.

We want the festival guests will have a good and instructive day in beer world without it "open the floodgates." Therefore, visibly intoxicated will not be closed at the festival as we reserve the right to say "well thank you for today" if some of the festival guests will be a nuisance to other guests or our exhibitors.

Café

There will be an opportunity for buying sausages, soft drinks, beer, sandwiches, etc.

Wardrobe

There will be manned during opening hours garderobe for the audience.

The price for using the manned cloakroom is one pole.

Tokens

The price of tokens has been unchanged since 2001. This year we have chosen to make a small adjustment of prices and have made it more flexibelt to buy the number of tokens you want.

Per Unit. pole - 10.00 kr

Samariter

There will be educated Samariter from the Danish Red Cross presence throughout the festival hours.

Taster

When guests return the one pole, handed a taste of the chosen beer.

A sample of 10 cl. At each selected and rare beers taste samples will be at 5 cl.

If you take the S-train to Copenhagen Øldage you must get off at New Ellebjerg Station, where the S-trains quite often.

Friday and Saturday during daylight hours are 10 minutes of running on both lines A and E.

You can find the different timetables by clicking on the line the names below:

Line A from Hundige or Farum

Line E from Køge or Hillerød

Line F from Hellerup

When you need home from Copenhagen Øldage you can take the following departures from New Ellebjerg Station:

Line A vs. Hundige: minute 02 22 42

Line A vs. Farum: Minutal 04 24 44

Line E from Køge: minute 10 30 50

Line E from Hilleroed: minute 16 36 56

Line F v Hellerup: minute 06 16 26 36 46 56

Parking

There is ample parking next to Valby Hallen, both buses and cars.

However, we recommend that you do not take his car to the festival, as a visit to the festival may mean that you should not drive when leaving the festival.

Want to let your car be the day after you can safely do so since the area is secured by our guard dogs at night.

Hi there

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children both aged 12) arriving from Canada 2 nights before a Baltic Cruise. We will also be staying in CPH for 4 nights after the cruise to meet up with family.

Need suggestions on where to stay in CPH. Need 2 rooms or a family room with at least a fridge. What do you think about the Kong Arthur? Is the Radisson SAS Falconer too far from the city centre?

We plan on taking public transit while sightseeing, with the exception of cabs to and from the airport and the pier - since we can split the cost 4ways

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks

Radisson SAS Falconer is located near a Metro station so you are aprox. 4 minutes from downtown Copenhagen and i only hear good things about Kong Arthur.

I don´t know about any hotels with fridges, besides the minibar :)

Maybe a Hotel appartment instead, try Adina.

www.adina.dk

Btw. i think that the childrens would like to visit experimentarium, it is a science Exhibition where you kids can touch the things on display.

So the jids will be very activeif they visit this place.

http://www.experimentarium.dk/index.php?id=1001

@ SomewhereOutThere

Skål and cheers.

Archived