I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ mountainhouse

The danish league normally starts in the end of july but the schedule is not out know.

I can´t remember when the Champions League qualifications starts but i think it is august.

The only stand to avoid is the Lower B because the Ultras are standing there.

@ ConnieInNewJersey

I think that you can do well with 5 or 600 DKK without the train ticket to Aarhus.

The Square hotel is also a good centrally located hotel.

Things to see in Aarhus

Aros Museum

Moesgaard Museum

Den Gamly By (the Old Town) outdoor museum

Latinerkvarteret (The latin Quarter) the old shopping district in Aarhus.

@ mountainhouse

The danish league normally starts in the end of july but the schedule is not out know.

I can´t remember when the Champions League qualifications starts but i think it is august.

The only stand to avoid is the Lower B because the Ultras are standing there.

@ ConnieInNewJersey

I think that you can do well with 5 or 600 DKK without the train ticket to Aarhus.

The Square hotel is also a good centrally located hotel.

Things to see in Aarhus

Aros Museum

Moesgaard Museum

Den Gamly By (the Old Town) outdoor museum

Latinerkvarteret (The latin Quarter) the old shopping district in Aarhus.

Thank you!

We are travelling in Copenhagen and need transportation to tour in the area. Can you offer any input.

Any information on a van or taxi for disabled traveller in a motorized wheelchair. I need to stay in my chair as I do not walk at all .

Thank you in advance ,:)

We are travelling in Copenhagen and need transportation to tour in the area. Can you offer any input.

Any information on a van or taxi for disabled traveller in a motorized wheelchair. I need to stay in my chair as I do not walk at all .

Thank you in advance ,:)

If you are up to it - you can use the metro/subway. All stations are equipped to handle passengers in a wheelchair. On the platform - drive to the very front of the train and the driver will get out and assist you and secure you and your chair in the train.

Also some buses are able to lover the entrance, to enable a person in a chair to drive right into the bus. Again - go to the front and make the driver know you need help.

Most of the major taxi companies have Vans which can handle motorized wheelchairs, but they will have to be reserved in advance by phone.

A guided tour in Copenhagen is very expensive and especially if its not a walking tour. But check this website.

http://guides.dk/2-59-english.html

This is an excellent post by the always helpful Danish viking. EXPENSIVE is the correct word!!! When you look at the basic cost, it is about $70 a hour for a guide in Copenhagen. Then there are "extras" for weekends costing 25% more, overtime, meal allowances, etc., etc. It adds up quick. The good news is that compared to July 2008 when we first super enjoyed Copenhagen, the dollar is in a little better position, relatively. For comparison (in euros), the dollar then cost nearly $1.60, while it now "only" costs $1.36.

In Copenhagen and Stockholm, the guide association or union sets the prices and these costs will shock many compared to what they might have paid in other cities where things are not as "organized" as happens in Denmark.

We loved walking around in Copenhagen, both in 2008 and 2010, as things are fairly flat, close together, enjoyable, historic, etc. I posted this on our 2008 walk back from Tivoli to the where our ship docked. It was a super great walking experience. PRICELESS is the ideal word for it, both on costs and the great sights and sites.

Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 29,900 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

How do we get to towen from our cruise hsip dock at Freeport, quay c243? I see the walk takes about an hour. We are fast walkers., so it may not take that long. How far is it? Is there public transportation from this dock?

Where would be the closest ATM to get money?

If you are in town in a weekend the only option is to walk to Nordhavn Station and take the southbound S-train (Heading for Køge, Hundige, Høje Taastrup, Ballerup and/or Frederikssund)

In you are in town on monday to friday you can use bus number 26 (heading for Ålholm Plads)

But remember to take the Correct line 26 back, because it splits up after Østerport Station.

One part of the line goes to the other cruisepier called Langelinie and the one you have to use goes to Færgehavn Nord.

My PS3 can't handle pdf files and i am to lazy to turn on my computer ( Haha no i'm sick) but i can post the pier numbers.

http://www.cmport.com/en-GB/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

170 is Nordre Toldbod

190 is Langelinie Pier

245 to 255 is the freeport terminal (sundkaj and orientkaj if you want to look it up on google maps

Danish Viking, this may be a stupid question but how safe is Copenhagen? I wll be there for about a week prior to 9/20/11 when I leave on the NCL Sun for Miami and would like recommendations on reaonsable places to stay as well as walking tours.

From our two wonderful visits to charming Copenhagen, plus all that others (including those that live there) have told us, this is a good, safe town. Like any city, you need to be careful in large crowds and exercise reasonable care on timing in some location.

For walking, Copenhagen is super great, being fairly flat and so super scenic. I did the below earlier posting about walking back from Tivoli to our where our cruise ship was docked. It was a great three-mile walk that allowed seeing so much, up close and personal. When you walk, you get a much better and more interesting "look" than just seeing things out a bus or cab window.

Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 30,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

My PS3 can't handle pdf files and i am to lazy to turn on my computer ( Haha no i'm sick) but i can post the pier numbers.

http://www.cmport.com/en-GB/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

170 is Nordre Toldbod

190 is Langelinie Pier

245 to 255 is the freeport terminal (sundkaj and orientkaj if you want to look it up on google maps

Canadarocks -- Looks like the Eurodam is docked at Freeport for our embarkation and debarkation. In fact, it looks like she'll arrive in Copenhagen on July 20 as a port stop, then the previous cruise's passengers disembark on July 21 to make room for us.

Thanks, Danish Viking!!!!

Hi

I was on the Eurodam last year and it was the furthest away of the 3 ships in that day, but the difference between the nearest and furthest on foot was about only 10 minutes.

We got the number 26 bus into town and walked back. As Terry says, the walk is superb, as you can 'tick off' places like the Amalienborg, Frederick's Church, Little Mermaid, Royal Pavilions, and the Gefion Fountain as you go along. There's several chances to rest on park benches en route. The last half a mile is bit 'industrial' but you will still have a couple of chances to get the 26 back to port if it's absolutely necessary. Most people, once they've caught sight of that first ship decide to see it through to the end. It fully justifies giving the afternoon cakes a thorough hammering :)

Anyway here's a bit more info to add to Terry's superb photos

Hello

I was wondering if you can provide me with detailed instructions how to get from the Copenhagen airport to the Imperial hotel, by train, and walking from the central station to the hotel. Which train do we take, where do we get tickets for the train, etc

Thanking you in advance

Scoutdad

Hotel Imperial is located 400 meters from the central station and right next to Vesterport S-train Station.

http://map.krak.dk/m/IwVTe

The Öresund train goes directly from the airport station to the central station and you just buy a 3 zone ticket at the counter or in the ticket machine.

And if you use the Copenhagen Card you can travel for free.

If you want to walk a little bit shorter you just go to track 9 and 10 and take a S-train and get off at Vesterport Station.

It is better to know and then to plan, yes? I have enjoyed the posted pictures and descriptions of Langelinie, so went looking (such as here) for similar for those of us who find our berth will be in Freeport. Anyone out there with pictures or can report on this experience? I see HOHO buses at Langelinie quay (right next to the ship) -- do they greet the large cruise ships at Freeport? Are there different companies and different itineraries?

Second question: I understand that a Sunday port day is a problem for those who want to shop, but a Monday port day closes off many of the opportunities to really enjoy this city. How have other readers coped with this situation?

I've posted my two Copenhagen port resources below for others, but except for the particulars of bus #26 (provided helpfully here), I don't feel prepared to walk off the ship at Freeport.

DJ :)

http://www.cmport.com/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

http://www.cmport.com/Maps/Copenhagen/Sondre%20Frihamn.aspx

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hi,

Hope all is well, we were on the Jade with ya'll in Jan 2009! We are doing RCCL Vision of Seas from Lisbon to Copenhagen April 18th- May 3rd.

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Copenhagen Towers Tue, May 3, - Wed, May 4, 2011 - Oerestads Blvd 114-118 Copenhagen, 2300 Denmark

We will dock early Am and only have 1 day and night. We fly out Wed AM early. Can you recommend some things to do....

Steve

Romeosc-

We were on the Jade in March 2009 doing the same cruise as you. You were very helpful to us with tips and photos from your cruise before we went on ours. Last June we took a Baltic cruise on Princess. Here's a link to our photos:http://picasaweb.google.com/gary.kappesser/SelectPicturesFromBalticCruise# If we can be of any help to you please contact us at gkkapp at comcast dot net.

<<<Karen>>>

Romeosc-

We were on the Jade in March 2009 doing the same cruise as you. You were very helpful to us with tips and photos from your cruise before we went on ours. Last June we took a Baltic cruise on Princess. Here's a link to our photos:http://picasaweb.google.com/gary.kappesser/SelectPicturesFromBalticCruise# If we can be of any help to you please contact us at gkkapp at comcast dot net.

<<<Karen>>>

Your pics are great. Would you mind if I post them on our thread

Archived