I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Way cheaper that what i expected it to be but did travel by the streets or did the driver use the motorway because driving by the streets is way quicker than the motorway.

As you can see on this map the distance varies between 12,7 km´s and 19 km´s.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Orientkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Lufthavn,+Kastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.875311,11.228027&sspn=8.588662,19.665527&geocode=FX8SUgMdSEPAACkdaQn26lJSRjFoIC8HvzE4tA%3BFWPTUAMdTgDBACELs1og_7yV_A&mra=ls&z=12

Way cheaper that what i expected it to be but did travel by the streets or did the driver use the motorway because driving by the streets is way quicker than the motorway.

As you can see on this map the distance varies between 12,7 km´s and 19 km´s.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Orientkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Lufthavn,+Kastrup&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.875311,11.228027&sspn=8.588662,19.665527&geocode=FX8SUgMdSEPAACkdaQn26lJSRjFoIC8HvzE4tA%3BFWPTUAMdTgDBACELs1og_7yV_A&mra=ls&z=12

It's interesting because another taxi driver had previously estimated that the trip cost to the airport would be approx 350 DKK. Our taxi however didn't use the motorway and took the more direct ~13 km route to the airport via Store Kongensgade, Torvegade through Christianshavn, down Vermlandsgade and along the coast on Amager Strandvej to the airport. And even though he was a painfully slow driver, it still only took 27 minutes! :)

Anyhow, if the difference in distance, and resulting cost, is important to people, be sure to specify taking the direct route through the city!

@ sfBRAD

@ swin26

From the airport you just take the train towards Nivå or Helsingør and 2 stops later at Ørestad you change to the Metro line M1 towards Vanløse and take it one stop to Bella Center.

A taxi would be around 100 DKK and 1 single ticket with the train cost 24 DKK

M1 will also get you to the center of Copenhagen at Kongens Nytorv.

Thank you very much. We decided to stay at the Marriott and will take the train to the Central Station and then walk to the hotel. Do you know how early you can buy a Copenhagen Card at the airport? Our plane will land at 7:15 in the morning on a Saturday.

Thanks for so much help here!

We are comparing the Radisson Scandinavia vs Radisson Falconer.

Will be in Copenhagen for 5 nights prior to the cruise.

Of the two any thoughts, opinions on one over the other?

We know the locations of both, and don't mind being a little further from things with the Falconer.

Both are priced the same.

Thanks for any insight!

P.S. Would like the Royal, but its booked - will keep checking it in the mean time too.

We are staying 2 nites at the clarion mayflower hotel. Is it possible for you to inform us what is within walking distance to our hotel. And is there such a thing as a hop off and hop on bus we can get near our hotel. also are there any authenic danish resturants nearby our hotel. My brother wants to go to the carlsberg brewery tour do you know if this is far from our hotel. Ihope I have not asked you too many questions thank you in advance for any comments you may provide.

Hello,

We are a family of 7 needing a reasonable priced hotel that is close enough to Tivoli and the cruise port We only have one day pre-cruise and we will spend it at Tivoli. Any suggestions for a hotel that would have a triple and quad that isn't too expensive? I checked out the Marriott but it is $260 a night times 2 plus txes and we are over $500 for one night. We are hoping for less. We don't need luxury, just clean, hopefully AC and not too far.

Hello,

We are a family of 7 needing a reasonable priced hotel that is close enough to Tivoli and the cruise port We only have one day pre-cruise and we will spend it at Tivoli. Any suggestions for a hotel that would have a triple and quad that isn't too expensive? I checked out the Marriott but it is $260 a night times 2 plus txes and we are over $500 for one night. We are hoping for less. We don't need luxury, just clean, hopefully AC and not too far.

You may want to check out the bidding sites for some good deals (but not sure about how many in a room). I was able to get the Marriott for $104 plus tax for the night. I saw on another site that the Marriott is the only four star hotel you can bid on in Copenhagen. I don't know if that is true, but it is what I got.

@ krisdamom

"You can get to Tønder in 3 several ways

First you can go via the Storebælt bridge"

Thank you so much for the wonderful route directions! It appears that the first suggestion, with no ferries is the quickest. Do we need a International Driving Permit

because we are renting a car?

@ andi99

When i go through the schedule again it looks like that the Glyptotek is not an option because of the limited time because i think that your canal tour ends around 13:30 so the clock is probably close to 15:00 when you hit the national museum so mayber its gonna be a quick look but its free so no waste of money if you only use 30 minutes inside.

Or you could skip the Round Tower (the little detour on the last part of the route) and use more time in the national museum.

Thanks again....kind of you to mention that. :)

Danish Viking.

I plan to take the M train from Kongens Nytrov station to Norreport station then transfer to a S-train to Nordhavn station I would like to know the cost.

I'm not Danish Viking, but I just got back from our cruise + several days in Copenhagen. We used the trains and Metro regularly. Your trip is a 2-zoner trip. Here are some options:

1. This would be for just a ticket to Nordhavn. 24 DKK for each 2-zoner ticket.

2. The clip card --- 10 2-zoner trips for 140 DKK. Multiple people can travel on 1 card. This would be helpful if you were going to be using the trains/Metro at other times. (You can even use the klips for longer trips -- 2 people on a 5-zoner trip = 10 zoners, so clip your 2-zoner card 5 times for the trip.)

3. There are also some All-Day passes. Each adult would have their own.

Most of our tickets were purchased at 7-11 stores, and there seems to be at least one near each train station in Central Copenhagen. The workers there were very helpful in finding me the best deal.

@ swin26

The ticket office opens at 06:30 so you don´t have to wait for them to open

@ sfBRAD

The Royal is a little bit run down and a major revonation that will include 10 new floors is waiting to start hopefully in a few years time.

Many busses stops at the hotel and Islands Brygge Metro station is located 5-10 minutes away on foot.

Falconer is located next to Frederiksberg metro station so you will be in downtown Copenhagen in a few minutes.

@ krisdamom

I think that a regular driving licence will work but try to call the company that you gonna hire the car from.

@ rakrak

All the Hop on/hop off busses departs from Axeltorv and town hall square close to your hotel.

Take bus 26 to Kammasvej or bus 6A to De Små Haver and walk to Carlsberg from there.

Both busses depart from the central station/Vesterbrogade.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

Walking distance from DE Små Haver and Kammasvej.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aohYx

@ World Gallery

I seached a weekend in june and the prices i got for a 3 and 4 persons room was from around 350 USD to over 1000 DKK.

Two 2 persons room and one 3 persons room starts from around 470 USD.

But give me the actual date and i can look for more detailed prices.

I am wondering if the Copenhagen Card is worth it for 1 person.

Should I but it in advance or at the airport? Am thinking of the 72 hour.

I looked at the Viator webpage and am confused when it says "departs at" - what does this mean?

@ World Gallery

I seached a weekend in june and the prices i got for a 3 and 4 persons room was from around 350 USD to over 1000 DKK.

Two 2 persons room and one 3 persons room starts from around 470 USD.

But give me the actual date and i can look for more detailed prices.

I just booked the Zleep Hotel Astoria for a total of $504 for two quad rooms for one night, so basically $252 per room. How does this price sound to you for what I am getting? it does include breakfast. I am hoping for more recent reviews of this hotel.

@ Mickey22

Around 30 minutes on foot so probably a taxi is a good idea.

http://map.krak.dk/m/ao6HK

@ paul8

I am no sure what you are talking about, can you give me a link to the site.

You could just purchase it at the airport instead of online.

@ rakrak

Its just located on the other side of the town hall square.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aojpp

@ paul8

I am no sure what you are talking about, can you give me a link to the site.

You could just purchase it at the airport instead of online.

The website I saw was

http://www.viator.com/tours/Copenhagen/Copenhagen-Card/d463-3224CARD

however I just looked, saw another site

http://online.citybreak.com/Search/Other/SearchOther.aspx?pdid=4525&onlineid=1459618727 but filling out the information is confusing

I could also use some information on inexpensive restaurants around the Savoy Hotel

Just gave daughter permission last night to fly to Copenhagen this semester to visit a friend who is in college there. She will be traveling with the girls sister (ages 19 & 18 yoa). They will stay at dorms so that is taken care of. Not sure if they will go in mid Dec. or Nov.

Any advice for some must see's and do's for college age girls? Any places to stay away from?

This will be her first time out of the country without me (mom) so I'm trying to research a little for her. The friend who is studying there just left the US last week and has already fallen in love with it.

I admit that I didn't read through all the pages... but I was hoping you had some advice...

Our flight arrives in the morning... but we can't check into our cruise until the afternoon... can you suggest something for us to do during that time in between? Please note that we will have luggage and children!

Thanks!

I went to the bank today for DKK, said they don't stock them but will order them & charge me $7. So when I got home Google said that the Airport has a bank (or something like that) so I guess I will change money there, just enough to get in town where I will change more if need be.

I also plan to get the Copenhagen Card at the airport too.

Is all this wise?

I went to the bank today for DKK, said they don't stock them but will order them & charge me $7. So when I got home Google said that the Airport has a bank (or something like that) so I guess I will change money there, just enough to get in town where I will change more if need be.

I also plan to get the Copenhagen Card at the airport too.

Is all this wise?

I think it's wise.

We bought some Euros at home since we were doing an extended European land trip prior to the Baltic cruise and our bank does not charge a fee. We bought DKKs from an ATM at the Copenhagen airport, enough for our pre and post cruise stay.

The Copenhagen Card would have been too expensive for our sightseeing plans, so we didn't buy it.

Archived