I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

My husband is thinking of buying me an eternity ring from Copenhagen (we're stopping for one day on a cruise) can you recommend any jewelers near to the port who would speak English. Would they take British debit cards with chip/pin?

Thanks for any help. Just been re-reading my itinery - we're docking at Kalundborg, is this far from Copenhagen?

Duty free?

At the Copenhagen airport is the duty free on spirits and perfume worth while. I like to buy a bottle brandy for my pre dinner drink and a bottle of perfume. Or would I be better to buy at HK or Milan?

Oh, this is probably a really dumb question, but I am trying to pre-purchase tickets for the hoho (mermaid) and the canal tour, on the site that was given by several people in this thread, http://www.sightseeing.dk/. My question is, when booking, there is no tour listed for both. Does anyone know which tour listed I would check? Thanks in advance for your help!

@ Teach2travel

I am sorry but i do not understand your question but try contacting them.

e-mail: info@sightseeing.dk

telephone: +45 32 66 00 00

@ P&C

The duty free shopping in CPH is much bigger than all the other airports that i have been to (Stockholm, Stuttgart and Manchester) so there is a good variety of spirits and parfume.

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Shopping+and+Eating/

Oh, this is probably a really dumb question, but I am trying to pre-purchase tickets for the hoho (mermaid) and the canal tour, on the site that was given by several people in this thread, http://www.sightseeing.dk/. My question is, when booking, there is no tour listed for both. Does anyone know which tour listed I would check? Thanks in advance for your help!

Maybe this is the one you want

CITY & HARBOUR TOUR

depending on when you are coming - you may want to wait a bit to purchase your tickets.

Right now we are "off season" and not all the tours/lines are running, which is probably why you can't purchase the combo ticket you want.

Danish Viking thank you for the Airport and Duty free site...just what I needed....I'm happy now I can get my brandy!! everything else will follow. Pat

depending on when you are coming - you may want to wait a bit to purchase your tickets.

Right now we are "off season" and not all the tours/lines are running, which is probably why you can't purchase the combo ticket you want.

Thanks for your reply. I will be in Copenhagan on May 12th, and just wanted to get as much done as possible.

Questions on HoHo busses.

When a cruise is in town, do you know if they can get too crowded, or do they put extra busses on??

We will be pulling into Lengeline Pier, is there a HoHo stop right there, or will we have to walk somewhere else??

Many thanks to CruisinEurope and Danish Viking for the absolute wealth of information provided, as well as their unending patience and senses of humor! We will be visiting Copenhagen for the first time on June 10th, during an all-too-short 12 hour stop on the Oceania Regatta. I have spent all afternoon combing through all 46 pages of this thread, and while I am a bit blurry-eyed, I certainly feel better prepared for my visit. Again, a million thanks for your tireless dedication to promoting a city/area that you clearly love. Much appreciated!

First of all thank you for this extremely informative thread! I will be visiting Copenhagen in September/09--I am thrilled! I have been collecting and admiring the art of Bjorn Wiinblad for many years and I had hoped to drag my family to Restaurant Wiinblad for lunch while visiting. I have recently read some reports that Hotel d'angleterre has removed the restaurant and replaced it with an upscale French one.:( I was wondering if these reports were true or if indeed it was still open to enjoy his work? I know that he used to have a studio that was open to the public and wondered if that was still open since his death. Any info would be really appreciated, as it is very hard to find such specific information. Thank you.

We have booked a room at The Grand. It got decent reviews on Hotels.com and seems very centrally located. Do you know anything about this hotel? If so can you recommend inexoensive eating places arount it? How much does the travel card cost? Are we better off taking a taxi or the tain from the airport to the hotel. We will be four people. If we wanted to take a walking tour from our hotel, what course would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Ed

But it's getting better. I now know that I need a " Kuglebolt", yes? And that should be able to get one at a place that has "autodele"? :)

This is what I actually need (from the Jula website):

335015_c.jpg

BTW, I ended up getting my "Kuglebolt" from the UK and had it mailed over. Cost a grand total of $17 with the shipping, so it was very worthwhile in saving me having to deal with finding one whilst on vacation.

FoFoTowTow.jpg

Was it this thread where I asked you about the construction across the street from the Marriott? That is what I was searching for when I found this again.

Wow such a wealth of information, thanks for all the tips and recommendations.

We are four people who might have to leave our cruise one day early. What is the easiest way from the piers of Helsingborg to Copenhagen Airport. We will have 4 medium sized suitecases?

What is the cheapest?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Allan

I havn't read anything other than the title, and I thought WOW. Just what I am looking for!!:)

Can anyone tell me the name of a decent hotel in Copenhagen? Looking for a room for 2 adults and one child which won't break the bank account, and isn't seedy.;)

Thanks in advance!

First of all thank you for this extremely informative thread! I will be visiting Copenhagen in September/09--I am thrilled! I have been collecting and admiring the art of Bjorn Wiinblad for many years and I had hoped to drag my family to Restaurant Wiinblad for lunch while visiting. I have recently read some reports that Hotel d'angleterre has removed the restaurant and replaced it with an upscale French one.:( I was wondering if these reports were true or if indeed it was still open to enjoy his work? I know that he used to have a studio that was open to the public and wondered if that was still open since his death. Any info would be really appreciated, as it is very hard to find such specific information. Thank you.

so sorry, I have no idea ... i'll peek in next time I'm downtown and see if I can figure anything out.

We have booked a room at The Grand. It got decent reviews on Hotels.com and seems very centrally located. Do you know anything about this hotel? If so can you recommend inexoensive eating places arount it? How much does the travel card cost? Are we better off taking a taxi or the tain from the airport to the hotel. We will be four people. If we wanted to take a walking tour from our hotel, what course would you recommend? Thanks in advance.

Ed

The Grand is nice. There is no such thing as inexpensive eating places in Copenhagen aside from the roadside vendors like hot dogs, shawarmas, and some cafes.

Travel card - do you mean the Copenhagen Card? You can find all that information on this thread and here: http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/composite-245.htm

Personally, I would take a taxi to the hotel as it's easier. Up to you and your comfort level though.

Regarding a walking route - you can ask your hotel concierge when you get there, or get a map from the airport Info desk and plot out your course. I have NO idea where you are trying to go - so I can't answer this question.

Enjoy your time in CPH!

Wow such a wealth of information, thanks for all the tips and recommendations.

We are four people who might have to leave our cruise one day early. What is the easiest way from the piers of Helsingborg to Copenhagen Airport. We will have 4 medium sized suitecases?

What is the cheapest?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Allan

You can take a regional train from Helsingborg to the airport. It's fairly easy.

Enjoy!

I havn't read anything other than the title, and I thought WOW. Just what I am looking for!!:)

Can anyone tell me the name of a decent hotel in Copenhagen? Looking for a room for 2 adults and one child which won't break the bank account, and isn't seedy.;)

Thanks in advance!

The search thread function is mighty fun to use on this thread - as you can find most anything you're looking for easily.

A hotel that I can confidently recommend is the Adina Hotel http://www.adina.eu/

It's great for families, clean, in a great area (close to the pier), etc.

The search thread function is mighty fun to use on this thread - as you can find most anything you're looking for easily.

A hotel that I can confidently recommend is the Adina Hotel http://www.adina.eu/

It's great for families, clean, in a great area (close to the pier), etc.

I'm sure I can - just in a bit of a time crunch!;) The Adina is $438 CAD for one night. I almost fell off my chair, lol.

I haven't read anything other than the title, and I thought WOW. Just what I am looking for!!:)

Thanks in advance!

A number of us have been very successful getting the Marriott through Priceline for $112 per night (plus tax). If you check the threads on Copenhagen hotels, there is some discussion about that process.

Archived