I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hello!

The Danes are refreshingly casual - even in their business attire. Smart, tailored casual clothing is appropriate EVERYWHERE and in most every situation.

If you plan on a very fancy dinner out at say a place like NIMB or one of the Michelin starred restaurants - your hubby will want a blazer, and probably a dress for yourself. Otherwise - jeans (especially tailored ones) are appropriate anywhere.

In July the temps can be quite warm (not NC warm, but in the high 70s - 80s). It's always a good idea to pack layers for this part of the world, as mornings and late evenings can get quite cool, while the days in the full sun can be very warm. A shawl or sweater or light jacket would be a very good thing to pack.

Another item that you may find very handy is a small travel sized umbrella, as sun showers are quite common in the summer.

COMFY walking shoes are a must - as you will find a lot of cobblestone and uneven surfaces.

Enjoy your stay in CPH!

- Jen

Jen,

Thank you very much for your quick response. Your input is most helpful. We are getting really excited about our trip.

Betty

Jen,

Just "drooled over" Mama L's menu. The site is primarily Danish. Do you know if they take reservations for three people?

Thanks again,

Betty

chezcarp

i highly doubt that you'll need reservations, just pop over when you'd like. the night i was there, it was us and 3 other tables in the entire place. it's one of those hidden gems that looks like dive from the outside, but inside is a whole 'nother story!

:D

Do I need to exchange dollars for Keonen when I get to Coperhagen or do most places take euros. I'd like to bring along as few types of currency. In addition, does Amsterdam and Oslo also take Euros?:

You will need

Danish Kronor in Denmark (they do not take Euros)

Norwegian Kronor in Norway (they do not take Euros)

Amsterdam uses the Euro

More help please. If we end up at Freehaven and not Langelinnie....and we don't want to use the #26 bus....how much should we expect to pay to get to the Rosenborg castle where the Royal Guard starts it's march to Amalienborg?

Also what time shall we get to Rosenborg if we'd like to tour it and still have time to follow the guard to Amalienborg???

Thanks!

Frances

Tahitian Princess is coming to Copenhagen 3 times in may.

If you are visiting Copenhagen the 7th and 30th you are docked at Langelinie pier and if you visit the 18th you will be docked at Nordre Toldbod.

So no freeport terminal for you.

But to answer your question i would expect somewere around 100 kr.

If you are planning a cruise for 2012 that starts and/or ends in Copenhagen you will find yourself in a brand new cruise terminal located a bit further out than the current freeport terminal.

But the facilities will be much better and i have heard that the town hall are talking about free shuttle busses between the new terminal and the city and maybe the airport.

Here is a picture and a link to the news in english.

http://www.cmport.com/CMP/uk/uk_docs.nsf

I arrive in Copenhagen on Tuesday, May 12 via NCL. Does anyone have any experience with the Ho Ho bus? Is it safe to walk around and get on and off the bus to see the sights?

yes, CPH is an extremely safe city. the HOHO is a great way to see the major sites.

Enjoy!

How wonderful to have you there as a willing resource! We will be arriving at the end of a cruise for just two nights, 6/6 and 6/7/09. Expect to stay at the Marriott. Will that be walking distance to Tivoli? Shall we purchase the transportation pass you mentioned or will it be better to pay as we go for such a short stay?

How wonderful to have you there as a willing resource! We will be arriving at the end of a cruise for just two nights, 6/6 and 6/7/09. Expect to stay at the Marriott. Will that be walking distance to Tivoli? Shall we purchase the transportation pass you mentioned or will it be better to pay as we go for such a short stay?

Hello! The Marriott is about a decent distance from Tivoli, so yes, it's walkable, but not an easy walk (sidewalks, etc.) - but bus transportation will be very easy. It also seems that the hotel may even run a shuttle or something because they offer a "Tivoli Package" that you may want to look into.

I have no idea if the pass would save you money or not because you don't mention what you want to see :D, if you can give some sort of schedule I can assist you with figuring out if the CPH Card is worth it or not.

Make sense?

Enjoy your stay in CPH, it's such a great city & you'll be here in a great month!

what woud be the best way to get from the port to Tivoli gardens? Thank you so much for your help. Bus 26 takes us to town correct? is it easier to get to tivoli from there?

we are only in port one day and certainly want to maximize our time---thanks so very much

rmtravel

How difficult is it to ride the train from CPH airport to the main terminal with luggage? Is there a place to put the luggage on the train? My last experience with this was in Venice and the train had no place for luggage. Thanks for you help.

what woud be the best way to get from the port to Tivoli gardens? Thank you so much for your help. Bus 26 takes us to town correct? is it easier to get to tivoli from there?

we are only in port one day and certainly want to maximize our time---thanks so very much

rmtravel

Tivoli is right across from City Hall not sure where the #26 goes looks like you might have to change but hard to tell

http://www.cruisecopenhagen.com/content/cruise_copenhagen/more_facts_and_info/media(2505,1033)/Kort.pdf

here is a map of the area

We walked from past the Marriott to Tivoli it may take you about 20 minutes if you are in decent shape...less if you are in good shape ;)

Lyn

Good Afternoon,

We will be disembarking the Emerald Princess on September 13, 2009 and would like to know if there is a place to store luggage close to the pier. The tours that are offered begin at 9:30 AM which doesn't give us enough time to drop it off at the Hilton at the airport. Thanks for your help..........

I've tried several of the links to see where the Eurodam will be docked on June 12th and the 22nd, but one doesn't display past May, and I can't get the other to work. Could someone help me out with this info, please?

Many thanks!

I've tried several of the links to see where the Eurodam will be docked on June 12th and the 22nd, but one doesn't display past May, and I can't get the other to work. Could someone help me out with this info, please?

Many thanks!

Looks like Free Port

http://www.cmport.com/80256A3F004AD3CF/(AllDocsByDocId)/DCAA7FD4DD72EECC80256A3F005B1B68?OpenDocument

In the drop down menu click on Quay number

http://www.skibe.cmport.com/coins/KbhHavn.nsf/anloebCruiseAll?openAgent&lang=0

Just keep hitting "next page" until you get to the date you want

Thanks LHT28! I totally didn't see that "next page" tab. Looks like a busy port on both dates.

Yes it looks like on the 12th we've got Boudicca, Celebrity Century, Eurodam, Grand Voyager, Jewel of the Seas and the Rotterdam all in port. Celebrity Century and Jewel of the Seas are both listed as dock 190 (which I don't see on the diagram). Then Rotterdam (which we are going to be on) is at 254 with Grand Voyager behind her at 252, and Eurodam right across the dock at 245 and Boudicca across the fairway from Eurodam at 243.

Archived