I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ BarbaraB2

You can walk from Langelinie to Rosenborg Castle or take bus number 26 from langelinie and get of at St. Kongensgade from there you can walk to Rosenborg castle.

Thank you and CruisinEurope for your help!

Also it has been mentioned that the buses do not go to some piers on the weekend ,however, if I am reading my handy dandy map correctly it appears that you can take the metro from the airport to Norreport and from there you can connect on either the metro or S train to Osterport. I think Cruising Europe mentioned that new sidewalks have been completed in this area and if you are in decent shape you can walk to the pier from there . I cant remember the exact cost, but it would only be a fraction of a taxi.

Thanks for the advice. Two more questions: if the girls want to do the rides at Tivoli should we go there last? Also, I thought I read that the HOHO doesn't start til 10am.

i think that the first HOHO from the town center is at 9am. but we can double check.

i don't think it matters when the girls want to do the rides - just give yourself as much time in there as you can IF they do want to do the rides. and be sure to get arm bands - they are the best deal if they will do more than 1 ride.

We will be in Copenhagen August 4th arrive 930 a.m. Cruise leaves August 5th - Crystal Symphony- Do you know what pier??

We will stay at the Scandic Palace. Would like to do:

Canal cruise- 1 hour

Tivoli

Round Tower

Rosenborg Slot

Hans Christian Andersen Museum

We have reservations @ the Ice bar for 730 P M

We would like to buy the 24 hour card

Any other ideas of must see??

We are planning on eating @ Peder Oxe- your thoughts

Your help is much appreciated!!!!

When we were in CPH in 1989, by chance we ran into the chapel that houses the famous Christus statue and all the statues of the apostles by Thorvaldsen. It was somewhere near the stroget. But when we went back in 2006, we couldn't find it. Could you please give us directions?

Thanks

So am I right in thinking that if we purchase a Copenhagen Card in advance online we can then use it on arrival at the port to buy the HOHO bus tour at a discount?

Also, is worth getting the HOHO/Canan tour combination?

We will be in Copenhagen August 4th arrive 930 a.m. Cruise leaves August 5th - Crystal Symphony- Do you know what pier??

We will stay at the Scandic Palace. Would like to do:

Canal cruise- 1 hour

Tivoli

Round Tower

Rosenborg Slot

Hans Christian Andersen Museum

We have reservations @ the Ice bar for 730 P M

We would like to buy the 24 hour card

Any other ideas of must see??

We are planning on eating @ Peder Oxe- your thoughts

Your help is much appreciated!!!!

try to get to Amalienborg for noon to see the Changing of the guard.....

but other than that, you sound like you have a great plan!

Enjoy your time in CPH!

So am I right in thinking that if we purchase a Copenhagen Card in advance online we can then use it on arrival at the port to buy the HOHO bus tour at a discount?

Also, is worth getting the HOHO/Canan tour combination?

Yes, that is correct.

I like the canal tour a lot, so my vote is yes, get the combo. Do keep in mind your time constraints though.

BUT - what else are you looking to do as the CPH card is quite expensive and you won't get any value from it if you're just using it for one or two things. You really need to be able to spend a full 24 hrs in CPH seeing as much as you can and using the public transport.

When we were in CPH in 1989, by chance we ran into the chapel that houses the famous Christus statue and all the statues of the apostles by Thorvaldsen. It was somewhere near the stroget. But when we went back in 2006, we couldn't find it. Could you please give us directions?

Thanks

I believe this is the one you're looking for:

Church of Our Lady

The Cathedral of Copenhagen

Nørregade 8, 1165 Copenhagen K., Denmark

Yes, that is correct.

I like the canal tour a lot, so my vote is yes, get the combo. Do keep in mind your time constraints though.

BUT - what else are you looking to do as the CPH card is quite expensive and you won't get any value from it if you're just using it for one or two things. You really need to be able to spend a full 24 hrs in CPH seeing as much as you can and using the public transport.

We have 2 days in Copenhagen and plan to try to visit most of the main sites, including Hamlet's castle and obviously the Tivoli (day and night visits) so I would hope we'd get enough use out of the copenhagen card, or would you suggest just getting the HOHO tour?

We have 2 days in Copenhagen and plan to try to visit most of the main sites, including Hamlet's castle and obviously the Tivoli (day and night visits) so I would hope we'd get enough use out of the copenhagen card, or would you suggest just getting the HOHO tour?

if you have 2 days, then you will be fine.

I think the canal tour is worth it - especially if the weather is nice. :D

We were just there last week.

The Copenhagen card was only 225 Kr. Round tower was 25, One time to Tivoli was 85, joint ticket for Rosenborg and Ameliaborg was 90 - add those up and all you need to break even is to take one bus ride. Then your Card gives you free public transport plus free admit to any of the other museums or castles on the card, including Frederisburg and the ferry around it.

And - it really made things easy. We didn't need any Danish money.

We are trying to decide what hotel to go with :

Radisson SAS Royal or the Copenhagen Island Hotel.

We have 2 sons who are 9 and older who can walk around.

We want to visit Tivoli and some of the major sites. We arrive on a Saturday afternoon and realize most things will be closed on Sunday from what we have read.

We think we want to visit Tivoli Saturday afternoon/evening. We will have Sunday to walk around and look at sites. Our ship departs on a Sunday. We are not in a hurry to get to the ship.

Our preference, from looking online, would be the Copenhagen Island Hotel. I just want to make sure walking from this hotel will not present any problems and the surrounding areas are safe for walking.

The Island is located next to a huge shopping mall and cinema complex, so it is suited for childrens.

You can walk to central copenhagen but you can also take the s-train from dybbølsbro station to the central station that is located next to Tivoli.

First of all thanks for the great support you're providing.

We'll in Copenhagen next August 10 (Monday) with Celebrity Constellation (8am/6pm) and we'd like to enjoy the town as much we can withour cruise excursion as always we do during our cruises.

From a brief brainstorming we'd like to do:

- Tivoli

- City Hall

- Little Mermaid

- Amalienborg Palace

- Canal Tour from Nyhavn

- Roud Tower

- Christainborg Palace

Maybe too much but it's hard to define if it's feasible. We are ready to walk or using Card or HOHO bus.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Massimo&Silvia

Danish viking....

We will be in Copenhagen at the end of a cruise next May. We would like to find a good hotel for around 200 USD/night. I have been looking at "The Square" Hotel. Would that be a good choice? Are there others that might be better?

Plan is to have 2 days post cruise to visit. Should that be enough? Suggestions on itinerary would be greatly appreciated.

We will be arriving in Copenhagen a few days before our cruise in July. We'll be at the Radisson Royal and would like suggestions for a moderately priced Italian restaurant for the first night. We find the carbs help with sleep; due to jet lag we'd like to find something fairly close to hotel. Thank you for your help and the entire thread.

Sandy

@ salseros2003

I think that your initiary looks fine but i would skip Christiansborg Castle and City Hall

First i would walk from Langelinie pier to the little mermaid and then Nyhavn and take the canal tour.

Then the time would be close to 12 so you could go to Amalienborg Castle and see the changing of the guard at noon.

Then you can take a stroll along the strøget shopping street and see the Round Tower.

From there you just walk back to strøget and walks towards the Town hall square, on the other side you will see Tivoli.

From there you can take a taxi or bus number 26 back to Langelinie pier.

@ TB

I can also recommend The square because of its very good location right on the Town hall square.

I would suggest that you take to the castles of Frederiksborg and or Kronborg and on the day in Copenhagen i would suggest that you visit some of those places that i posted to "salseros2003" + a visit to Rosenborg Castle and the crown jewels.

@ JS1234

There is an Italian restaurant located almost next door at Axeltorv 8 and i think that it is very good.

http://www.il-peccato.dk/

We were just there last week.

The Copenhagen card was only 225 Kr. Round tower was 25, One time to Tivoli was 85, joint ticket for Rosenborg and Ameliaborg was 90 - add those up and all you need to break even is to take one bus ride. Then your Card gives you free public transport plus free admit to any of the other museums or castles on the card, including Frederisburg and the ferry around it.

And - it really made things easy. We didn't need any Danish money.

TSC, Is it true that the Copenhagen card provides free admission to Tovoli? I thought I read in these boards that Tivoli was dropped from the card this year. If it is covered that makes me more interested in getting one for our trip next month.

Thanks

Rick

TSC, Is it true that the Copenhagen card provides free admission to Tovoli? I thought I read in these boards that Tivoli was dropped from the card this year. If it is covered that makes me more interested in getting one for our trip next month.

Thanks

Rick

YES!

I am 100000% positive that Tivoli admission (not rides) is included in the CPH card for 2009.

Enjoy!

Cruisin Europe & Danish Viking

Thank you for all your wonderful information, insight and patience in dealing with an enormous amount of questions. Through this long thread I have found all the answers I needed for our upcoming 3 night stay (May 30 - June 2) before our Cruise on the Eurodam. I am looking forward with great anticipation to our stay. Again a great big thankyou

Fred

Archived