help -- advice on air deviation

meow!

After several confusing transfers I finally figured out the trick to changing planes in Frankfurt- there is a mezzanine between floors one and two where many Lufthansa connections take place, and if you don't take the correct escalator, you miss the mezzanine and end up going out of the secure zone and back through security again.

We now have a choice. Either, go Lufthansa and upcharge 2x$400 or fly KLM and upcharge 2x$150. One of us needs a golf-cart or wheel chair (cannot walk long distances). We will have a connection each way in both cases. Please advise as to which is more desirable overall. Thank you.

We now have a choice. Either, go Lufthansa and upcharge 2x$400 or fly KLM and upcharge 2x$150. One of us needs a golf-cart or wheel chair (cannot walk long distances). We will have a connection each way in both cases. Please advise as to which is more desirable overall. Thank you.

This is Economy class, right? All I can tell you is that the airport in Amsterdam Schiphol is a dream to get around, I'm sure they have great service for people with mobility limitations. I"ve seen people being whisked around. Most of everything is on one level as well. See this link:

http://www.schiphol.nl/AirportInformation/AirportFacilities/SchipholAssistance/AssistanceAtSchiphol/AssistanceAtSchiphol.htm

If you are going to pay the $400.00 X2 up charge ,I still dont understand why you would choose these airlines over Delta's direct flites for the same charge.

As we live on the west coast, we have to change planes at least once. It looks like that we may take the KLM because of its lower price, at 2x$150 upcharge. We are still studying our various options. As we will return via Geneva, not an Oceania city, it seems that there is no way we can avoid upcharges altogether! Thank you all kindly for your valuable information.

So we have accepted the KLM deviation with 2x$150 upcharge on account of its price. Being from the west coast and returning from a different city than the disembarkation limit the choices available to us. We have also booked our hotels for pre-/post-cruise stays on our own. Is there anything else we should know/do before we are hit with the final payment in some three weeks time? Thank you all.

So we have accepted the KLM deviation with 2x$150 upcharge on account of its price. Being from the west coast and returning from a different city than the disembarkation limit the choices available to us. We have also booked our hotels for pre-/post-cruise stays on our own. Is there anything else we should know/do before we are hit with the final payment in some three weeks time? Thank you all.

I would E- Mail your hotels on both ends to make arrangements to be pcked up at the airport when you arrive and to take you to the port .

Ask if they are complimentry.

We found that quite a few hotels in Venice started to have lower rates (increased discounts) for the few pre-cruise days before our voyage on 13th October. So those of you who have booked can check back your hotel price on a regular basis, and if you find a lower rate than what you have booked at, cancel and rebook at the new lower rate. With the economy being so poor, any savings should be appreciated!

Archived