favourite hotel manager on HAL?

covkid

Hans Dernison with James Deering a close second, My favourite pairing was Captain Consen and Hotel Manager Dernison on the beautiful Statendam where they partnered for about three years. Also Hans wife who was a most gracious lady. And how can I forget EDDY THE YUM YUM MAN who actually won employee of the year on his last year with HAL.:)

Hans Dernison with James Deering a close second, My favourite pairing was Captain Consen and Hotel Manager Dernison on the beautiful Statendam where they partnered for about three years. Also Hans wife who was a most gracious lady. And how can I forget EDDY THE YUM YUM MAN who actually won employee of the year on his last year with HAL.:)

Hans' wife is an onboard cruise consultant, nice lady! In Alexandria, Egypt last year. the both of them plus C/D Susan Wood were standing at the gangway at oh dark thirty in the morning to see all of us (about 75 buses worth) off to Cairo. When we returned at 8:00 PM that night, they were standing there again wishing us a "welcome home" Good stuff!:)

We had an 'event manager' on the Westerdam - her first name was Vanessa.

Suffice it to say she was, well, very annoying and often the butt of jokes we overheard. In the Culinary Arts Center presentations, she repeatedly was talking over the chef and you could hardly here was he was doing. Highly inappropriate, I thought.

We did not care for her!!

Archived