Samantha Brown and Carnival thursday

boatdoc

It's the 4 day Cozumel cruise on the Carnival Inspiration.

Just set the Tivo ;) !!

If it is anything like the ones that she did for RCI -it will be great to see Carnival shared - but I can not help but wonder why they chose a 4 day itinerary and one of the smaller ships?

Just set the Tivo ;) !!

If it is anything like the ones that she did for RCI -it will be great to see Carnival shared - but I can not help but wonder why they chose a 4 day itinerary and one of the smaller ships?

As I was setting the DVR, I noticed that the description for the show pointed out it being a "long weekend cruise". They probably selected it for that very reason. She usually does 7 day cruises, so maybe this is to highlight the virtues of shorter cruises.

As I was setting the DVR, I noticed that the description for the show pointed out it being a "long weekend cruise". They probably selected it for that very reason. She usually does 7 day cruises, so maybe this is to highlight the virtues of shorter cruises.

Yeah...maybe you are right.

I just would think that Carnival would want to get their "biggest and best" out there if they could - but maybe Carnival did not have as much input as I originally thought.

But now that I think of it......Carnival may have really wanted one of the short cruises showcased since those are the ones that are still getting the "party boat" wrap.

Either way....I am looking forward to it!!

Does anyone know when the show USA will be on? John Held mentioned it a couple times in his blog but I can't find it.

Last I heard, it was still scheduled to be on next Saturday, the 21st during the afternoon movie. I had thought that it was going to be a show in itself, but from I read on John's blog, it will be shown during the commercials. Hope it's a good flick!;)

Last I heard, it was still scheduled to be on next Saturday, the 21st during the afternoon movie. I had thought that it was going to be a show in itself, but from I read on John's blog, it will be shown during the commercials. Hope it's a good flick!;)

During the commercials??? Huh? If it is during the commercials, who would see it? We'd be seeing the commercials, wouldn't we?

I thought it was a show about people getting a chance to live out their dream job, or something? Some woman wanted to live a day as a cruise director, so she got to do that on the Carnival Paradise, out of Long Beach. Although, it sounds like she didn't get all that big a taste of what it takes to be a CD. But maybe she gave a shore talk or something.

We were on the Inspiration the week of 9-11, it was some trip, pretty much distracted from the cruise.

Doug

FTLOG :eek: I guess it would distract from the cruise.

It must have been scary for people being away from their families.....I can't imagine.

We ran into Samantha and crew in Cozumel, they were driving Jeeps on the other side of the island and it sure looked like they were having a good ol time.

It will be interesting to see what made it to TV and what made it to the cutting room floor.

The 4-day Inspiration cruise is a great itinerary for a long weekend get away, two sea days and one full port day. We've done this numerous times and next up for me is trying the 5-day Inspiration.

The 4-day works well because it is Thurs-Mon so limited time off work!

I'd like to know if the USA Network show "Character Fantasy" -- which is where a woman is a Cruise Director for a day on the Carnival Paradise -- is supposed to air. I thought it was this week sometime, but I couldn't find any info about broadcast dates/times on the USA Network website....

Archived