Cruising The Conquest June 1st - 8th

Yes, please explain how the slot "thingy" game works??!! It sounds like fun and I'd like to do that on our group cruise next August! Thanks so much!!:) :D

By the way, someone asked earlier where the book was; it's in the library!;)

The Slot PULL !! Have a meeting place at one of the machines. we chose the wheel of fortune machine.Everyone that would like to be in it has to bring $21. WITH THEM... try to have the correct money with you.Once the first pull is done the game is closed for anyone else to be in it.You each get 7 pulls(so someone has to be there counting )easy to get mixed up when you start hitting and get excited !!!We used the dollar wheel of fortune.Just let the money add up and only 7 pulls each person and at the end of the pull divide the money up !!! someone better be good with math !! lol,lol. (thanks Ashley)We ended up with $888:eek: . I think !!! It is so much fun we couldn't get enough of it !!! We played a couple of times !!!:) Organize it before you leave on the cruise, Sign everyone up ahead of time. Have fun !!!:D

The Slot PULL !! Have a meeting place at one of the machines. we chose the wheel of fortune machine.Everyone that would like to be in it has to bring $21. WITH THEM... try to have the correct money with you.Once the first pull is done the game is closed for anyone else to be in it.You each get 7 pulls(so someone has to be there counting )easy to get mixed up when you start hitting and get excited !!!We used the dollar wheel of fortune.Just let the money add up and only 7 pulls each person and at the end of the pull divide the money up !!! someone better be good with math !! lol,lol. (thanks Ashley)We ended up with $888:eek: . I think !!! It is so much fun we couldn't get enough of it !!! We played a couple of times !!!:) Organize it before you leave on the cruise, Sign everyone up ahead of time. Have fun !!!:D

And all our thanks went out to bmw mama cuz she was the woman behind this party!!!!! Great job girl!!!

Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the info! I'll bring it up on my roll call. Sounds like fun!

Why $21? How many people split the pot? Do you put all the money in the machine at once or does each person put in their $21 when it's their turn?

Sorry for being such a question box--but if I want to organize it--I need to know exactly how to do it. Don't want to look like a dumb a$$.

Thanks for the info! I'll bring it up on my roll call. Sounds like fun!

Why $21? How many people split the pot? Do you put all the money in the machine at once or does each person put in their $21 when it's their turn?

Sorry for being such a question box--but if I want to organize it--I need to know exactly how to do it. Don't want to look like a dumb a$$.

Hey, no problem, if ya don't ask ya don't learn!!! (that's what I tell my kids, hehe)

Anyway, If you do a dollar machine it takes $3 for each pull and each person gets 7 pulls so that is $21.

Each person puts there own $21 in the machine then does there pulls, whatever winnings stay in the machine until the last person has pulled.

At the end you cash it out and it is divided up between how ever many people participated in the slot pull.

So write everyones name down and check it off after they pull, and like bmw mama said have a designated counter of pulls so each person gets only 7.

You may not win much money,(but you could, just never know) BUT it was such a blast and being able to meet a bunch of Cruise Critic friends. We loved it.

The Wheel of Fortune machine was our choice because if you hit a spin the wheel, that just adds more excitement to the whole thing. We had people walking up and watching cuz we were soooooo loud!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Hey Julie, one more question. If you are on a machine that gives free spins, do you only count the spins that you pay for as part of the 7?

This sounds like a lot of fun and I am going on a group cruise and think this would be a lot of fun.

Thanks,

Cathy

Hey Julie, one more question. If you are on a machine that gives free spins, do you only count the spins that you pay for as part of the 7?

This sounds like a lot of fun and I am going on a group cruise and think this would be a lot of fun.

Thanks,

Cathy

It's not a regular spin, like the Wheel of Fortune machine, when you hit on a spin, you push the spin button and the wheel on top goes around and whatever it stops on is what you win. Could be anything from 25 bucks to 1,000. So, it does not count in your 7 spins.

Hey, no problem, if ya don't ask ya don't learn!!! (that's what I tell my kids, hehe)

Anyway, If you do a dollar machine it takes $3 for each pull and each person gets 7 pulls so that is $21.

Each person puts there own $21 in the machine then does there pulls, whatever winnings stay in the machine until the last person has pulled.

At the end you cash it out and it is divided up between how ever many people participated in the slot pull.

So write everyones name down and check it off after they pull, and like bmw mama said have a designated counter of pulls so each person gets only 7.

You may not win much money,(but you could, just never know) BUT it was such a blast and being able to meet a bunch of Cruise Critic friends. We loved it.

The Wheel of Fortune machine was our choice because if you hit a spin the wheel, that just adds more excitement to the whole thing. We had people walking up and watching cuz we were soooooo loud!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for the detailed info. I'm going to bring it up on my roll call. Sounds like fun!!!

Goodie Goodie!!! I got back on this board at home and now I can see the pictures! :D

You have a cute family and it looks like ya'll had a great time. I can't wait till we go next year.

I'm glad you were finally able to see the pics.

Your family will have a great time on the Conquest.

I'm ready to go back and so are my kids!!!!

Julie, you did a fantastic job on your review..just had time today to sit down and read it. The pictures were great and I agree that the slot pull was a fun experience. Hope the house building is going great, it is such a wonderful and stressful time of one's life. I like BMW MAMA'S idea of another June 1st cruise to Key West..take care..Linnie

It was sooo cool being at Margaritaville. I had been to the one in Vegas and let me tell ya, NO comparison to the one in MoBay.

Here's a pic of me and hubby, not too many of those as I seemed to always be the pic taker, which is the way I like it!!!

ConquestCruiseJune2008097.jpg

Okay gotta go finish dinner, will wrap up Jamaica when I get back.

Did you check out hubby's pants in the picture before posting? ;)

Julie, you did a fantastic job on your review..just had time today to sit down and read it. The pictures were great and I agree that the slot pull was a fun experience. Hope the house building is going great, it is such a wonderful and stressful time of one's life. I like BMW MAMA'S idea of another June 1st cruise to Key West..take care..Linnie

Thanks Linnie, we had sooo much fun, it was great meeting you and your family.

I bought some new furniture today and got a FREE cruise on the Ecstasy, 4 days to Cozumel. I am sooo excited. We will probably try and take sometime before the end of this year.

THEN next year we have another FREE trip to take to Cancun, this one will be the whole family. We also got it from buying furniture. The cruise is just me and hubby!!!

I would love another June 1 cruise BUT doubt we can cut it next year, with the new house and all.

Ya'll take care and thanks for the memories!!

Thank yopu so much for such a wonderful review...best i have read yet on these boards. Loved all you pic and your DD is so darling thank you again.

Thank you very much, I enjoyed doing it, it's great to relive it. Can't wait to do it again!!!

What time did you do it? How many people participated? Guess that's two questions!

Thanks!

Silc

What time did you do it? How many people participated? Guess that's two questions!

Thanks!

Silc

We did ours at 2 on Monday afternoon, then the second one was at 2 on Saturday afternoon. We had about 36 people. If you plan one I would bump it to around 2:30 cuz Camp Carnvial doesn't open back up for the afternoon until 2, and we had several people with kids to get dropped off right at 2.

Archived