Cruising The Conquest June 1st - 8th

[quote name='MO Cruzin']Go Julie Go Julie Go[/quote]
[SIZE=4]Patience is a virtue, right? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Well lets see, how do I say this.....it's gonna be tomorrow evening before I can finish this.:eek: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I am NOT even close to being packed, trying to finish up laundry, have to iron hubbies clothes since he is gonna be a bachelor for the next six days. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]GEE, maybe that is what he is so happy about!!!!:p [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I don't want to do it being rushed cuz Cozumel was awesome and I want to share the full experience with everyone.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]It included dolphins!!!!;) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]So, check back tomorrow evening and I'll be full throttle, gittin r done!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]Julie...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]WONDERFUL!!! I love your words, your photos, your details!!! EXCELLENT!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]I hope to see you while you're here! Maybe Friday night for BBQ and concert and swimming... Call me when you arrive!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#800080]I'm anxious to meet Tara!! You are looking fine girl!!! Sun on your skin, DOD in your hand!!! You are a vision girl!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Friday, Cozumel Day!!!!:D

I really love Cozumel, it is so easy to get on and off the ship.

No tenders, no worries of groping:eek: , they even have a guy on a tricycle with a buggy attached that will give you a ride back and forth.....

IF....for some unknown reason that you can't walk!!!:p

We started our day as usual with breakfast at the buffet, then it was off the ship very easily.

We walked across the street to the back of the shopping area and got a taxi (minibus) for the 9 of us, and it was off to Dolphinarus for our swim with the dolphins.

I did a lot of research, via Cruise Critic, before making my decision between Dolphinarus or Chankanaab.

I kept going back and forth and after seeing a review on the Cozumel board from a girl who had done Dolphinarus and loved it, I decided to go with them.

We loved it!! It was a beautiful facility, it was close proximity to the ship and it was cheaper than Chankanaab.

Jodi and I did not do the swim, which I really regret now, but we had a great view and took lots of pictures, while being served Cold Beer!!!

ConquestCruiseJune2008250.jpg

ConquestCruiseJune2008227.jpg

ConquestCruiseJune2008237.jpg

ConquestCruiseJune2008246.jpg

these are just some of the pics we took.

I have a video and disc of some pics they took, which are awesome. I just have to figure out how to get them posted.

I'm on mom's computer:confused:

I will post them, as soon as I can, I want ya'll to see them, cuz it was soooo cool!!!

My 6 y/o and 13 y/o have now swam with the stingrays and the dolphins!!!

How cool is that!!!

Spoiled rotten kids is what I think!!:eek:

before I forget, one of the biggest things that made me choose Dolphinarus, was they allowed the 6 year olds to do the same dolphin swim as the big kids.

They say they have to be 4ft, which Tara was actually a couple inches shy of, but as long as she was with an adult it was not a problem.

At Chankanaab they would not have been able to do that. There the kids have to be 8y/o before they can do the swim, otherwise it's just a dolphin encounter,

where they just play in the water with them on a platform.

We would do it again in a heartbeat. Everyone loved it, and I'll do it next time, instead of standing by drinking beer!!:p

Julie... as an adult, I can't say I swam with the stingrays and dolphins... But I hope to rectify that on my next cruise!!! On one of your posts you said it well... this is vacation... Yep, on holiday there is so much to do!!! So many MUSTS... My Cruisin' Bucket List begins...

Great reviews Julie. Adding the pics to the review really makes it . Your "Spoiled rotten kids" comment cracked me up.

Can't wait for more.

Hey!! I thought about ya'll yesterday as I passed a Cedar Park sign on my to G'town.

I'll get some more done this afternoon, mom and I are off to shop.

Looking for all kinds of new "stuff" for my new house.:D

THANK YOU for a awesome review......10 of us will be on CONQUEST in 30 days (7/20/08) ----Can't hardly wait---We did same cruise last year and decided to stay w/ Galveston and Conquest again this year due to fuel and airline prices......Hey is the dolphin encounter the new one right in town.....how much was the swim????

THANK YOU for a awesome review......10 of us will be on CONQUEST in 30 days (7/20/08) ----Can't hardly wait---We did same cruise last year and decided to stay w/ Galveston and Conquest again this year due to fuel and airline prices......Hey is the dolphin encounter the new one right in town.....how much was the swim????

Thank you, and if you enjoy your 2nd as much as we did, you'll have a blast!!!!

Yes, it was the new one that is right in town and I highly recommend it. I don't remember exactly cuz we booked it on line a couple months ago, but I am pretty sure it was $119 per person. Chankanaab was charging $149 and the 2 little ones would not have been able to do it.

I am going to continue my review here later this evening, I am finishing uploading some pics right now.

Have an awesome time on our Conquest in July, we went July 21st last year!!!!

Cozumel, part 2

After the dolphin swim, we took a cab back to the shopping area across from the pier. Then we went in search of some place with mexican food!

We ended up at a little upstairs place called Toro's. They had $1 Corona!!!!:D

ConquestCruiseJune2008266.jpg

And what good is it unless you are being seranaded

ConquestCruiseJune2008262.jpg

and we could see our beloved ship right behind us

ConquestCruiseJune2008261.jpg

We were very pleased with our lunch, the food was good, the beer was cold and plentiful and the waiter put up with us

ConquestCruiseJune2008269.jpg

After lunch we headed off for some shopping and some hair braids for the girls.

We found the same girl that did braids on Tara last year, that was pretty cool.

I was a little worried cuz Tara is VERY tenderheaded and last year she did not do very good getting the braids put in,

but she asked for them again this year and she was a trooper, and they looked soooo cute

ConquestCruiseJune2008274.jpg

Jodi and I took off for a potty break while the dad's stayed with the girls.

Well, our potty break ended up being inside of Senor Frog's. OMG.....I knew I was in trouble.....Jodi got caught up by one of the shot girls, it was hilarious, I have pics, but chose not to post them, I'd like to live a little longer!!

I told her we had to gooooo, but somehow knew we would end up there later in the day.

So on our way back to our hubbies and kids we stopped off for a pic

ConquestCruiseJune2008278.jpg

OMG PLEEEEZZ don't let that bird poop on my head!!!!

So, the girls now have their braids and we are off for some more shopping.

Walking through that market area can be really stressful.

You have all these people pulling and tugging on you (not literally but that is how it seems at times) trying to get you into their store.

So I guess that is why they have all these beer stands set up along the way. They had $2 Corona, not as good as Toro's, but hey still pretty good, huh?

Oh and they throw in a shot of tequila!!!

Good thing we had a designated driver

ConquestCruiseJune2008259.jpg

I really do wish that we had had more time for shopping cuz you really can find some good deals on stuff in Coz.

Never pay the price they are asking.

I was looking for some crosses for gifts and ended up getting 4 for what the guy was originally asking for 1.

Gee maybe the reason they throw in a shot of tequila with your beer is to get ya drunk so you will pay full price:confused:

Well, it's time to round everyone up and get the kids back on the ship, then it's one hour of free time for Moms and Dads.

Anyone wanna take a guess as to where we went?

ConquestCruiseJune2008280.jpg

Oh NO girls,your way too young, maybe in about 20 years!!

Well Todd decided to be the responsible one of the bunch and stayed on the ship with the kids, thank you Toddy!!

So, Jodi, Mike and I take off for C & C's for one hour of fun.

As soon as we got there we ran into some friends, so we celebrated one more time before leaving for our journey back to Galveston.

ConquestCruiseJune2008288.jpg

The things they MAKE us do

ConquestCruiseJune2008287.jpg

Okay, I'm done, take me back to my Conquest

ConquestCruiseJune2008286.jpg

We walked (not stumbled) back to the pier, then hailed our buddy with a buggy to do the rest of the leg work. We gladly tipped our Amigo and boarded our Conquest to prepare for sailaway.

Archived