4th person in Mini Suite

Chesie

Need some advise, please.

We are 3 adults booked in a mini suite (Grand)on Emerald deck. Last cabin starboard. Just wondering if anyone has had a "4th" adult in a mini and how it is manageable? Before we ask this 4th, wanted some advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Chesie

Need some advise, please.

We are 3 adults booked in a mini suite (Grand)on Emerald deck. Last cabin starboard. Just wondering if anyone has had a "4th" adult in a mini and how it is manageable? Before we ask this 4th, wanted some advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Chesie

As PP said - two in the bed, one on the sofa pull out and one on the upper berth. How much time to you intend to stay in the cabin? If you are like DH and I, who are always on the go and out of the cabin, you should be fine.

If the cruise is coming up, just make sure that you can book the 4th person. Just because the room may accommodate a 4th person, doesn't mean that the manifest isn't full - i.e. - the ship is sold out based on capacity.

i work for princess and sometimes the room configuration can differ as far as beds. some minisuites will have 2 twin and single sofa bed and an upper OR 2 twins a single sofa bed and a rollaway. really depends on the specific cabin number your in. not all minisuites are equipped with a rollaway or upper. you might want to verify it with princess

Check your room number on the Princess website (or the brochure if you have one). Check to see if there is a triangle or a square in your cabin, which will tell you if the room is built/equipped to handle 3 or 4. As the other poster stated, you can't wait too long. Maximum number of passengers is dictated by other factors (lifeboats, weight, etc.) not just the number of beds, so even if your cabin is designed to hold 4, they won't allow it once the maximum number of passengers is reached.

We love the mini-suites for the extra room. It's fine for us when our teenage daughter sails with us, but it might get a little close for four adults: the sofa area is only separated by a small partial partition, so privacy is very limited, and bathroom time shared by four adults can be a challenge. You might want to check the price difference to add an inside cabin across the hall ( You'll have to promise to share your balcony!)

One thing I noticed on our recent CB cruise in our mini: There was a strip of velcro across the top of the "partition" between the bedroom area and sitting area. Presumably if you had 3 or 4 (ours was a quad but only 2 of us), your room steward would be able to hang a sheet or something between at night to give a little extra privacy.

I only noticed this because someone else asked the question a while back and I was curious!

Seems like when I was in minisuites on the Grand Princess & Diamond Princess there was a curtain that could be pulled closed between the bed and couch.

From your comments, it looks like the Emerald Princess doesn't have "separator curtains". Is that right? Just a little raised wall?

Anyone know if the balconies have curtains? I'm guessing not if the minisuites don't have them!

Thank you to all who responded. I don't believe the 3rd adult will be a problem, but the 4th was questionable.

Since we are in the last cabin starboard on Emerald deck, I don't see a inside cabin across the hall. Maybe I can find one down the hall a bit that may work. I think another "cabin" would be more doable than cramming 4 adults in one mini.

Chesie

I have two teen girls coming, and knew this would never work out for 4 of us. DH and I are VERY early risers, also. Plus, for the pricing for additional people in the mini, I actually got the girls room for both cheaper than pricing for one person in mini. For the extra bathroom, peace on MY balcony in the morning, with my coffee, two rooms was the way to go for us. I could not imagine putting in 4 adults, personally, but that is only my personal opinion there.

I have two teen girls coming, and knew this would never work out for 4 of us. DH and I are VERY early risers, also. Plus, for the pricing for additional people in the mini, I actually got the girls room for both cheaper than pricing for one person in mini. For the extra bathroom, peace on MY balcony in the morning, with my coffee, two rooms was the way to go for us. I could not imagine putting in 4 adults, personally, but that is only my personal opinion there.

Thanks! I'm thinking an extra room is going to work better for ALL of us. Will check later on the website to see what's available.

Chesie

Seems like when I was in minisuites on the Grand Princess & Diamond Princess there was a curtain that could be pulled closed between the bed and couch.

From your comments, it looks like the Emerald Princess doesn't have "separator curtains". Is that right? Just a little raised wall?

Anyone know if the balconies have curtains? I'm guessing not if the minisuites don't have them!

Nope, they do not. You may be thinking about a full suite because the mini suites on the Grand class ships do not have a curtain to separate the living room from the bedroom.

OnMedic

Of all the research I have done, no, there is no double pull-out. All mini's have the couch for the third person, but only some rooms have the bunk from the ceiling, as shown in the pic, to accomodate the 4th person.

I agree with getting an inside stateroom for 2 of you (which we did for our 2 teens) instead of cramming 4 in a mini-suite--it may in fact end up being cheaper. It doesn't have to be directly across the hall--just in the same general vicinity. Four people sharing a bathroom is a bit of a pain.

Les

OnMedic

Of all the research I have done, no, there is no double pull-out. All mini's have the couch for the third person, but only some rooms have the bunk from the ceiling, as shown in the pic, to accomodate the 4th person.

Whilst the couch is classified as a single - I would definitely class it as a double when made up of a night time - how comfy it would be for two people hmmmm (but then again we sleep in a king) - for kids it would be fine but not so sure for adults!!!

OnMedic

MAN this is confusing me.... check out this stateroom video review... it looks like this mini has a double.

Archived