Which Ship!

The wife and i are depending on our fellow cruisers. We are looking at eastern caribbean for next summer. Our 2 choices are Granduer out of baltimore or Explorer out of cape liberty. We live an hour from baltimore and 3 1/2 from cape liberty. We want to know which ship is recommended .We have never been on Royal Caribbean. Is Explorer worth the 3 1/2 hour drive over Granduer from baltimore? thanks everyone

If you like lots of activities and action then yes it is worth the drive easily; let alone a newer ship as Grandeur is one of their oldest.

If you are more sedate and prefer a little more on the mellow side then stick with the closer Grandeur.

If it were up to me I would go with the Explorer.

Love Explorer. Love Enchantment (which is nominally a sister ship of Grandeur, but his other facilities due to her stretch a couple years ago).

Under normal circumstances, I would choose Explorer over Grandeur for the reasons mentioned...in another thread a few months ago, I noted that prices on Explorer were relatively cheaper than on Grandeur for a comparable itinerary and you got a larger ship with more activities.

As it turns out, my next planned cruise will be a 14-day on Grandeur in 2009 because of the incredible itinerary. This will be a) my longest cruise; b) my first oceanview (down from D1s and JSs); and my first on a ship of more limited resources. I guess I will find out then how Grandeur will work out for me.

I'm going against the grain here. I tend to be on the mellow side. Because of this I love the Grandeur. Also love the fact that its so close to home. I'd love the fact that its an hour drive versus 3 1/2 hours. For me I love sitting and reading a book and listening to the music, the other activities don't interest me.

Its personal preference either way though.

If you like lots of activities and action then yes it is worth the drive easily; let alone a newer ship as Grandeur is one of their oldest.

If you are more sedate and prefer a little more on the mellow side then stick with the closer Grandeur.

If it were up to me I would go with the Explorer.

Hello fellow York Countian. I have to agree with Barbarah33. If you want more activities pick the Explorer. If you want to lay back and chill pick the Grandeur.

Archived