Popping the Question

I'm going to pop the question to my girlfriend on the Freedom of the Seas. I would like to work with the cruise director to see if we could surprise her in a show or something like that... any suggestions. We are sailing next week on the 29th of July out of Miami.

Not trying to be mean but are you absolutely, 100% positive that she will say yes? It could be very embarrassing for both of you if not. If you are absolutely certain she'll say yes, get in touch with the cruise director and ask if he will do it and then ask if he has a suggestion about how to do it.

Oh my goodness!! How sweet!! Then, you can get married on a cruise ship! Ah, how romantic... lol. Sorry, dreaming out loud. It depends on the director, but I bet they'd help you out. Try finding the pier corrdinator at check it and ask about it. GO EARLY. Like 10am. Before they get really busy. This will give them time to get in touch with the right people before THEY get busy too. Worst case, they say they won't help, just do it on the beach somewhere!! How romantic is that?!! You get major kudos over here!! ;)

When we were on the Liberty of the Seas, there was a proposal in the showroom one night. The CD and the groom to be had it all pre-arranged.

It was very sweet, and yes, she accepted his proposal.

If the Cd won't help , maybe champagne during dinner in the DR or a specialty rest. ( Prearrange the champagne so it looks like a big surprise)

No matter how you do it cruising is romantic in and of it self so I'm sure she'll be thrilled!!!

Please let us know how it all works out.

Good Luck!!!

just an idea: Ask the CD or somebody to arrange a table just for you two in a special location on the ship...On one formal night, make her think you are going to the main dinning room for dinner...but then you can like, cover her eyes and take her to that special table. You may even arrange having a violinist or music, flowers, idk...I know a guy who did this in a Carnival cruise...

Since none of the previous posters :confused: gave you the most BASIC and OBVIOUS piece of advice, I will. CALL RCCL and tell them of your special occasion and the will make arrangements to make it special for you.

So far... some really good ideas! Thanks everyone! Does anyone know who the cruise director is going to be on FOS on the 29th? I just absolutely want this to be a surprise... so I don't have a lot of time to be running around at the Pier in Miami without her. I'm going to try to call them today.

My future sister it law was proposed to on a cruise ship. Just as they were leaving port. Paul had his video camera and he was planning on asking a fellow passenger to take a picture of him and Lisa as the ship passed the Statue of Liberty, but really have the video camera still rolling instead. It worked out that as he was videoing a passenger volunteered to tape them and take a picture. It was perfect the proposal was caught on tape! He said to Lisa... "I told everyone I was going on this cruise with my girlfriend.... my future wife." AT that moment her mouth opened in shock as he got down on one knee and gave her the ring. It was so special and amazing. They plan on showing the video at their wedding in July.

My future sister it law was proposed to on a cruise ship. Just as they were leaving port. Paul had his video camera and he was planning on asking a fellow passenger to take a picture of him and Lisa as the ship passed the Statue of Liberty, but really have the video camera still rolling instead. It worked out that as he was videoing a passenger volunteered to tape them and take a picture. It was perfect the proposal was caught on tape! He said to Lisa... "I told everyone I was going on this cruise with my girlfriend.... my future wife." AT that moment her mouth opened in shock as he got down on one knee and gave her the ring. It was so special and amazing. They plan on showing the video at their wedding in July.

This is a great idea. I am really looking to have it video taped... she's very sentimental and loves romance. Great idea.

propose in a romantic but private place onboard (love the dinner table on deck idea), somehow turning it into a spectator-event does very little to add romance to the situation (IMHO) but does increase the pressure you put on your partner to say yes.

I don't know about you, but if you go the "quiet" and "romantic" route, you two should check out the chapel during a sunset or sunrise. It's at the top of the ship and should have some awesome views. That would be a beautiful place IMO. And private...maybe the CD can meet you up there to give you a "private" tour. Just a thought.

Just some thoughts....I was dragged up to 13k feet on a mountain to be proposed to. I wouldn't suggest depriving her of oxygen first! :)

propose in a romantic but private place onboard (love the dinner table on deck idea), somehow turning it into a spectator-event does very little to add romance to the situation (IMHO) but does increase the pressure you put on your partner to say yes.

I agree on the privacy aspect, but also think that might be an individual thing.

How exciting! :) I was proposed to last year when we were on a beach in Bermuda via a cruise ship. I was very glad that he chose to make it private, however, if you think that she would like it to be very public, go for it! Call Royal Caribbean, and see if they will help you.

Archived