Explorer of the Seas -- Secrets ??

What are some of your favorite secrets about the ship?

such as:

- Staff

- Fun places

- Fun events

- Great spot for a drink

- Entertainment

- Secret spot for special food

Or -- whatever you can think of. Thanks.

I hope this thread will get some posts, since DH and I are sailing on the Explorer on Sept. 25. This will be our first experience on a Voyager class ship, even though we have reached C&A diamond level. We sailed mostly on the Rhapsody since we can drive to Galveston very easily. We will be sailing B2B's on the Voyager in Jan. '09, as well as Jan. 2010. :D

Hope we get some info here to enjoy/preview the Explorer for us. :)

Cruzin Lady

If EOS is anything like her sisters, AOS and MOS, there is a staircase forward on deck 4 that looks unmarked like it might be "crew only". Take those stairs and you will find yourself on the helipad. Unless it's really windy, anyone can go up there. Especially romantic at night. Because it is below and forward of the bridge, it's not lit up, so the crew can see at night. However, everyone on the bridge can still see you down below so don't let your romancing get out of hand. LOL! :p

I don't remember the deck, but all the way forward there is a peek a boo window into the bridge. Someone will come along and give specifics, sorry very long week.

Deck 11. Forward in the Solarium, to the outside.

If EOS is anything like her sisters, AOS and MOS, there is a staircase forward on deck 4 that looks unmarked like it might be "crew only". Take those stairs and you will find yourself on the helipad. Unless it's really windy, anyone can go up there. Especially romantic at night. Because it is below and forward of the bridge, it's not lit up, so the crew can see at night. However, everyone on the bridge can still see you down below so don't let your romancing get out of hand. LOL! :p

Why is the helipad forward on these ships? That makes little sense.

What a neat idea for a thread!!

Some people stick to using the elevators and totally miss out on all the amazing artwork hidden throughout all the staircases. Along the same realm, take some time if you can find it to stroll the stateroom hallways, there is also artwork and collectibles to see on each deck.

Check your "compass" (in your stateroom each night listing the events etc for the next day)- a fun thing many people miss is the Crew vs. Pax dodgeball game up on the basketball courts. It is a fun little bit of time spent.

Aquarium bar....way in the back there is an iceberg....I say no more, seek it out for yourself. On the o pposite side of the centrum at the aquarium bar is another surprise....look up at the celing and you will find it.

Too bad they left out the mens room water wall, water fall, lolol but if anyone goes on Explorer's sister ship Voyager....check out the men's room (I think it is one of the very uppper decks, possible deck 11 aft)

Dont miss the Spring People......shhhh, seek and you shall find is all I will tell you.

You need to check out the main thread, All Things Explorer Of The Seas. It has everything you want to know, plus a lot more. Very friendly people, too.:D

I find this to be very bad advice. That thread is too long and is now little more than a chat room. I dont mind that it is that but I think information threads should be had.

Personally I'd rather see the "all things" threads made into a wiki style faq instead of a thread.

The people over on the All things Explorer thread are very nice and have information, but its function in a searchable, already been discussed and i want to find information is marginable at best

I find this to be very bad advice. That thread is too long and is now little more than a chat room. I dont mind that it is that but I think information threads should be had.

Personally I'd rather see the "all things" threads made into a wiki style faq instead of a thread.

The people over on the All things Explorer thread are very nice and have information, but its function in a searchable, already been discussed and i want to find information is marginable at best

Quietly and greatly agreeing. Tons of advice, but would take days to search for one thing amidst the friendly daily banter that is more for a chatroom (or a roll call.)

Too bad they left out the mens room water wall, water fall, lolol but if anyone goes on Explorer's sister ship Voyager....check out the men's room (I think it is one of the very uppper decks, possible deck 11 aft)

Are you talking about the see thru Mens Room? Sometimes I create a "Water Fall" all by myself. I got to check out all the Womans Rooms to see if any of them are intesting. (Maam I was just checking out the decorations.)

Sorry about the bad advice.:rolleyes: I was just trying to help. See you on the Navigator.

I hope this thread will get some posts, since DH and I are sailing on the Explorer on Sept. 25. This will be our first experience on a Voyager class ship, even though we have reached C&A diamond level. We sailed mostly on the Rhapsody since we can drive to Galveston very easily. We will be sailing B2B's on the Voyager in Jan. '09, as well as Jan. 2010. :D

Hope we get some info here to enjoy/preview the Explorer for us. :)

Cruzin Lady

Hi,

We will also be waiting..We're sailing on the 25th too.

Dorothy & Morty

I want to make sure nobody thinks I was suggesting there was a problem with this thread. I never said they shouldn't have started this thread. I just suggested another source of information, trying to be helpful. I meant no criticism and had no hidden agenda. I thought it was an innocuous comment, but it seems to have been misconstrued.

I'm looking for more hints too.

I remember when we were on the Voyager that ice cream at the one station wasn't available all of the time, which was important to know when bringing a 4 year old to get ice cream.

I remember that if you wanted ice skating tickets, you needed to go right away, and that no one played shuffle board, except our family, and we had a great time.

I'm assuming since EOS is also a voyager class ship this will be the same.

But I'm wonder ... what desert was really great.

I can't wait to go to the heliport, and I never would have found those stairs.

Hint: on the Voyager class....they used to have them at the desk a little foldout of the ship layout....if not we have our own for each class...a little spreadsheet we laminate showing:

deck#-aft-mid-forward

with each "major" thing....so one can get their bearings without looking out a window to see which way we are sailing...ends up about 2 inches by 3 inches and you can stick it in the pants pocket or elsewhere

Great thread - we are going in 12 days on the Explorer. This will be our second time. Some favorites for us

- Hot tub in Spa is wonderful

- Pizza on promenade

- Room Service - esp. for breakfast - we always write in the things we want if they are not on the menu

- kids pool on the back of the ship for our daughter as it is less crowded

- I think it is deck 11 where you can see into the bridge

We have not gone to the helipad, but will try that.

Mary

The thread is long and there is a lot of banter but if you go there and ask a question you are very likely to get an answer, with correct information, in a very short period of time. And..... NO ONE is likely to say that the question has been asked and answered before so why don't you go do a search....

The thread is long and there is a lot of banter but if you go there and ask a question you are very likely to get an answer, with correct information, in a very short period of time. And..... NO ONE is likely to say that the question has been asked and answered before so why don't you go do a search....

I was hesitant to start posting on that thread because it was so long.

Lets do the math

18,194 posts

If I read 1 a minute that would take 18,194 Minutes or

303 hours or

12.5 days.

The question I can't find and answer for is

Are the pools Salt or Fresh water?

I'm looking for more hints too.

I remember when we were on the Voyager that ice cream at the one station wasn't available all of the time, which was important to know when bringing a 4 year old to get ice cream.

I remember that if you wanted ice skating tickets, you needed to go right away, and that no one played shuffle board, except our family, and we had a great time.

I'm assuming since EOS is also a voyager class ship this will be the same.

But I'm wonder ... what desert was really great.

I can't wait to go to the heliport, and I never would have found those stairs.

do you have to get tickets for ice skating early on the day you want to skate or at the beginning of the cuise for whatever day you want to skate?

If you happen to be on EOS when it comes in late you will have a fabulous view of NY harbor. We were on one of the cruises delayed by a passenger that had to be taken off and we got into NJ late morning. In addition to the view going under the bridge, the ship practically cruised up to the Statue of Liberty and then swung around. It does not do this on the way out.

It might be worth checking the sunrise time on your EOS cruise. This would be well worth getting up early for. Has anyone done this?

Archived