6143 or aft on Millenium?

Island Flower

I would take 6143. It is on the penthouse deck at the back of the ship and is very quiet. The elevators are all aft from the cabin so the only people you will hear will be those with suites in your area. The deck is also very nice.

I've been reading great reviews of both...

Which should I pick??

That depends on your preference. I would and have taken aft CC cabins over 6135, 6136, 6143, 6144. I prefer the great view from aft and the way the wind is blocked and part is shaded and part open to sun.

Do the aft cabins have the teak too?

No. But that does not concern me as I like the decks just fine. They are much better than teak if wet.

And what about the lounge chairs?

Yes, plenty. We had four lounge chairs and 4 upright chairs and a large and small table on our last two cruises.

And which decks are better?

Seven, then eight and then nine. Deeper balconies by about 3 feet on each deck as you go lower. Nine could have some chair noise problems from the patio above, although we never experienced this.

Let me add, they are all good so don't fret if you can't get seven or eight.

Thanks!

Have a great cruise Island Lady. We really enjoyed our two Hawaii cruises.

I had cabin 6143 on Millie in January and also the same cabin on Infinity, Summit and 6144 on Connie. This location on the ship is great as it’s close to the dinning room and aft elevators so it makes it easy to get around the ship. As a previous poster stated it’s a very quiet area of the ship with a nice hallway that leads to the PH suite. Forward of the room is a small access hallway used for the suite butlers as a pantry of sorts so you have extra space between the cabins forward. Also the room is about 1’ wider than a standard CC room and it’s most noticeable at the foot of the bed as two people easily can pass by each other with the added space. The balcony on this cabin is about 3x larger than a standard balcony and one of the few that have teak decking (stays’ cool in warm weather). On Millie unlike the other M-Class ships this balcony is only 1/3rd covered which is great for sun bathing but doesn’t offer the privacy and weather protection of full covered as the other M-Class ships offer with this cabin. This area of these ships generally has the best cabin staff as some share duties with the RS, SS and PH suites in this hallway.

I would prefer this cabin over aft cabins in warm weather sailings like the Caribbean as you have a breeze off the side of the ship and a view from the bow to stern. If you’re looking at cool weather sailing like Alaska I think I would take the aft cabins over this one because of weather and whale watching off the back of the ship.

Below is a picture of the balcony on cabin 6143 taken in January. If you click on the picture you can view the album that contains some pictures of the cabin and of the ship. Ether way you chose you can’t go wrong with this cabin or the CC cabins aft.

Happy sailing! :)

2556883590102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

Xcruiser, thanks for posting that. We have that cabin on Millie for the Sydney - Honolulu 2010 sailing :)

Thanks, I’m sure you’ll really enjoy this cabin. Personally my DW & I liked the full canvas cover on the balcony in this room on the other M-Class ships. That’s because we are from Florida and get plenty of sun so we are sunbathers onboard. However the other ships didn’t have the loungers on the balcony ether and one thing I found assume was lying on loungers late at night and look straight up at the stars sipping a glass of wine. Doesn’t get any better than that!:D

Happy sailing! :)

You guys are the best!

I just want BOTH cabins...

I guess I'll just have to take 2 cruises!

My DH has never been on a cruise or to Alaska and since I did that cruise (on the Infinity) in 8/2006 and am still stinging from the fact I never got my sleek silver X mug with Bailey's hot chocolate at Hubbard, I figured, "Let's do it!":p

Am tentatively booked in 7208... you made it sound so inviting, California Dreaming... am drooling over that giant verandah!

And the tips on which cabin for what weather conditions were very comforting, XCruiser... the pics are great, too! LOVE the sound of the teak deck and superior cabin attendants... will look forward to that on a future cruise!

Thanks again!!!

p.s. -- Glad you liked your Hawaii trips, California Dreaming... I was thinking how cool it would be to just sail out of Honolulu to Vancouver and then on to Alaska... maybe someday! ;)

Yay! Goody! I can't wait! Thanks for that!

For me nothing beats the view from the aft of the ship. You won't have a teak balcony but you won't mind because there is so MUCH SPACE back there! We have had 4 loungers and a table with 2 chairs.

Enjoy:)

We had 6143 on the Connie for a NYC to Southern Carribean in October a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it and sat out there. We did have some issues with the cushions on the lounge chairs getting all gunked up. I suspect it might have been from deck washings over something. The room steward tried to keep them under the covered part when not in use.

Being in the suite area was nice and it is quiet as well.

However I just got off an aft cabin on Radience of the seas and given the choice again on any ship I would go for the aft cabin in a minute.

Which ships don't have the loungers in 6143? We so enjoyed that veranda on the Millie in February that we've booked the same cabin for the Connie. I won't be a happy camper if there aren't loungers.

I hate to say it but Millie was the only M-Class ship that we have been on in that room that had the loungers. All the others have full canvas covers on the balcony that go all the way to the balcony railing. We were in 6144 (same cabin on starboard side) on Connie in March of last year and it had a large table, small table and two padded chairs. We actually preferred it that way as you could move the table around and the balcony felt much larger because of the extra room. It was also more private and you could use the full balcony even if it was raining. Below is a picture of the balcony on 6144 on Connie and if you click on the picture there are a few more in the album.

Happy Sailing!:)

2912553930102994448S600x600Q85.jpg

We were in 6144 on Summit to Hawaii and our friends were in one of the aft cabins on deck 8. I have to say we enjoyed their cabins more than ours. As someone said before, if you are in the Caribbean, 6144 would be better, but in a cool open sea condition, it was rare that we could enjoy our balcony... much too windy and cool. But our friends were able to have a nice time one their balcony all the time.

Gerry

I have never been in 6143 but have been in aft cabins on Millie and Summit and enjoyed them very much. We loved the extended balcony. It was like having an extra large cabin! On Summit we had an end FV and that was really something! It is not CC, however and I did miss those extras. But having the bigger cabin with 2 kids was really great too. It is hard to say if one was better than the other. We like the aft because you are really close to most of the stuff. I didn't go all the way forward very often. So I felt that everything we used was close by (one deck up for buffet, 2 for pool and kids club, a few decks down for dining room) I did a lot of stairs this cruise.

We are on Soltice in April and have aft cabin. I am anxious to see the balconies...but we still do enjoy having that view of "where we have been" It seems that a lot of the places we use are more towards the front of the ship....but we will see. More walking!

I hate to say it but Millie was the only M-Class ship that we have been on in that room that had the loungers.

Thanks for the picture, XCruiser! I agree, the balcony seems more spacious without the loungers, but I'd still like to have loungers. Guess we'll have to deal with that when we get on board. Think it's really strange that only one of the M class ships would have loungers and all the rest wouldn't. Wonder why that is?

Thanks for the picture, XCruiser! I agree, the balcony seems more spacious without the loungers, but I'd still like to have loungers. Guess we'll have to deal with that when we get on board. Think it's really strange that only one of the M class ships would have loungers and all the rest wouldn't. Wonder why that is?

Per the poster above it sounds like your in luck and they may have added the loungers to this stateroom sometime after March of last year. All I can tell you is that they were not there when we were aboard Connie last March and same goes for Infinity and Summit in that room in 2004.

We first booked 6143 on Millie for an April 2004 sailing. We had seen a picture of the balcony posted somewhere that showed 2 lounger and 2 chairs (all unpadded) and a small table with the balcony only partially covered. About two weeks before our sailing Celebrity called with good and bad news. The bad news was Millie had a Pod issue and had to go into dry dock:eek: . The good news was they replaced the ship for our sailing with Infinity which was coming out of dry dock for the same issue:) .

When we got to cabin 6143 we were surprised to find a fully covered balcony and no loungers just 2 chairs and a small table. Since there was plenty of room we asked about the loungers we had seen pictured on Millie:confused: . Our stateroom attendant said they were not allowed for safety reasons. He said they blocked an access way. My understanding of this is they blocked the balcony partitions from swinging open as this is one only 3 staterooms on the M-Class ships that these are not fixed in place.

I don’t know if you recall this but when we were on Millie in January I noticed the handles that open the balcony partitions were removed and replaced with pins that locked them in the closed position. I guess blocking them with the loungers was no longer a safety concern. After hitting 40 knot winds out of FLL in January on Millie I now know why they changed all the later M-Class ships and fully covered the balconies. Wind buffeting without the full canvas covers can really be a problem and affects the balcony dividers on these cabins.

So that’s my guess as to why things are different on the later ships. Anyhow sounds like you may have the loungers when you sail on Connie.:)

Happy Sailing!

I've been foollowing this thread with great interest. We are planning on taking the Millie in Oct. 2009 (Hawaii to New Zealand) and have been contemplating this very question. Cabin 6144 is available, and several aft CC cabins (2 to 3 on deck 7, 8, and 9). It sounds like if we are doing this particular cuise across the Pacific, the aft CC cabins would be a better choice? We have sailed on the Infinity in 2001 (with a REAL splurge by booking a Royal Suite ... definitly not in the budget this round), but we are well aware of the strong winds from the deck. So I guess my other question would be which of the four aft CC cabins on each deack is preferable A B C D (with A and D being next to the longer Family Suites)? I would think B and C would have the greater panoramic views. It also sound like the baconies are longer on deck 7, than 8, and 8 is longer than 9. I know to avoid 9 (noise above) so 7 is looking like the better choice. Let me know your thoughts!

DaveM.

I've been foollowing this thread with great interest. We are planning on taking the Millie in Oct. 2009 (Hawaii to New Zealand) and have been contemplating this very question. Cabin 6144 is available, and several aft CC cabins (2 to 3 on deck 7, 8, and 9). It sounds like if we are doing this particular cuise across the Pacific, the aft CC cabins would be a better choice? We have sailed on the Infinity in 2001 (with a REAL splurge by booking a Royal Suite ... definitly not in the budget this round), but we are well aware of the strong winds from the deck. So I guess my other question would be which of the four aft CC cabins on each deack is preferable A B C D (with A and D being next to the longer Family Suites)? I would think B and C would have the greater panoramic views. It also sound like the baconies are longer on deck 7, than 8, and 8 is longer than 9. I know to avoid 9 (noise above) so 7 is looking like the better choice. Let me know your thoughts!

DaveM.

You are correct. 7deck is the deepest then 8, try not to book Deck 9 due to the noise from the aft bar above. We had aft deck7 from LA to Hawaii...loved it and you are out of the wind.

DaveM.

We did this cruise in reverse in Feb/Mar., and had beautiful weathe in the Pacific. If would take the Aft cabin. You'll really enjoy the balcony, plus the Aft area of the ship is very quiet. Perfect for taking an afternnoon nap on your lounger.

Another 'much interested in this thread' person having booked 6144 on Connie for Caribbean in 2010. Thanks a bunch Xcruiser for the cabin/balcony pics. :D

As we are not from FL or anywhere near and love the sun, we're a little concerned just how much sun or lack thereof results on this balcony due this full canopy covering? Also wondering about this wind situation? I would have thought this balcony to be pretty wind protected but am I reading correctly that this is not true?

Would have preferred CC stern/afts but not avail when we booked. Will be monitoring that situation over the coming months. If DMK will give up his/her booking then I'd be set. :D However as I'm not anticipating that to occur, wanted to clarify on 6144.

Many thanks,

Archived