Nude sunbathing (no, not same as other threads)

Ok, there have been a few threads recently about whether you can suntan topless on certain ships/itineraries. Frequently the response after "you can't" is "there is always your balcony".

So seriously - I have a large aft balcony on my next cruise - it's a corner one so nobody on one side, and friends of ours have the cabin right next to us. If I decide to sunbathe nude or topless, any issue with this in terms of the cruiseline? Camera gonna catch me and accidently broadcast it to the closed circuit tv? And yes - I know - don't forget not to do it in port lol.

I know - didn't have a balcony before but did notice the crew working on the ship lol - I'll remember.

If you are sunbathing while in port, you might be exposed to cleaning and maintenence crew who go up and down the side of the ship and have a way of showing up in the most unexpected places at the most unexpected times.:o

Just don't go near the railings and you will be fine. I don't know if there are cameras but I will bet my bottom dollar if there are and you are out there no one is going to come and tell you to suit up. LOL:D:p If a lot of officers start grinning at you then you know you have been on candid camera. ;):p:D

It's true that while in port, the maintenance workers are EVERYWHERE! You'll think you can walk onto your balcony in peace, and, WHAM, there's some guy hanging over you! Just be careful! (And know that the aft balconies get pretty damn hot--no wind!)

I don't really care if the officers catch it on security camera, I'm sure they've seen WAY more interesting stuff on those cameras. I think they'd be smiling more at my friend next door with the DD's ;) I just wouldn't want it broadcast into every tv on the ship!

Just don't go near the railings and you will be fine. I don't know if there are cameras but I will bet my bottom dollar if there are and you are out there no one is going to come and tell you to suit up. LOL:D:p If a lot of officers start grinning at you then you know you have been on candid camera. ;):p:D

I don't really care if the officers catch it on security camera, I'm sure they've seen WAY more interesting stuff on those cameras. I think they'd be smiling more at my friend next door with the DD's ;) I just wouldn't want it broadcast into every tv on the ship!

Nah won't be on the tv's, and don't listen to CB above, the temp on the afts was perfect with enough breeze to keep me happy and I am not a heat girl and I had the aft on the Panama Canal itin with 95 degrees temp and humidity.

On this cruise we only have 1 port day and we plan a full day on land, so I won't be out there then. I like hot - the hotter the better - and AC - cold shower - and room service are only a step away :)

It's true that while in port, the maintenance workers are EVERYWHERE! You'll think you can walk onto your balcony in peace, and, WHAM, there's some guy hanging over you! Just be careful! (And know that the aft balconies get pretty damn hot--no wind!)

Ok, there have been a few threads recently about whether you can suntan topless on certain ships/itineraries. Frequently the response after "you can't" is "there is always your balcony".

So seriously - I have a large aft balcony on my next cruise - it's a corner one so nobody on one side, and friends of ours have the cabin right next to us. If I decide to sunbathe nude or topless, any issue with this in terms of the cruiseline? Camera gonna catch me and accidently broadcast it to the closed circuit tv? And yes - I know - don't forget not to do it in port lol.

Just make sure no one from above can see or that there aren't any security cameras pointed in that direction. That's why I like the side balconies....more privacy.

Looking at pics of the aft of Navigator, looks like my balcony is pretty private unless I go out to the railing. I was curious about cameras though.

Just make sure no one from above can see or that there aren't any security cameras pointed in that direction. That's why I like the side balconies....more privacy.

Allie - if your on deck 10 the corner aft is pretty private. If someone in the Windjammer presses their nose to the glass and looks down - they might catch a glimpse! :D Other than that - I wouldnt worry!

I will give you a clue there is just as many cameras on the side as there are on the back.

Actually we are on deck 8.

Allie - if your on deck 10 the corner aft is pretty private. If someone in the Windjammer presses their nose to the glass and looks down - they might catch a glimpse! :D Other than that - I wouldnt worry!

The cruise line won't care. They do have cameras that monitor the exterior of the ship, but it's hard to say exactly which balconies, if any, are visible from any particular camera.

I'm sure it's nothing they haven't seen before. Enjoy your balcony! You paid for it!

Archived