Price Line and Shuttles

xcell

So I was wondering, if you get a hotel booked from Priceline do they still honour the free shuttles from the airport/port? Examples would be the Best Western on the Bay or La Quinta.

Any one had an experience witht this??

So I was wondering, if you get a hotel booked from Priceline do they still honour the free shuttles from the airport/port? Examples would be the Best Western on the Bay or La Quinta.

Any one had an experience witht this??

YES they do.

so after you win the bid, do you then call the hotel to confirm the reservation and then schedule the transfers?

Hi, schedule your transfer? Nope...there are courtesy phones

down at the baggage claim area. You can just get your bags

and then use the phone to call the hotel:). The shuttle will

be there in a few minutes.

You can't really schedule it for arrival...what if the plane

is late?

I was glad to see your post. I've been wondering the same thing only regarding the Radison. I want to book through a discount site but I will be wanting to take advantage of leaving my car parked at the hotel all week and taking the shuttle to the port. I was afraid to book through someone other then Radison for fear they wouldnt honor that portion. Anyone sucessfully booked through a discount site and still able to park and cruise?

if they accept your bid, does that mean you have to take it? do they ask if you want to confirm the room/hotel, etc...

also, anyone know where the Best Western on the Bay in Marina is located on the price line map???

if they accept your bid, does that mean you have to take it? do they ask if you want to confirm the room/hotel, etc...

also, anyone know where the Best Western on the Bay in Marina is located on the price line map???

If Priceline accepts your bid, that means you won:)

If you don't take it you will be losing your room and your money.

No they don't ask you anything. Print out the confirmation and

take it with you.

Yes, you can call the hotel to confirm it if you want.

I work at a hotel that excepts Priceline. When a guest checks in at our desk we treat them like any other guest. With respect.:) Our computer do not show us how much they paid for the room. (All that comes up on the payment line is a red icon saying paid in full) All we ask of the guest is for a credit card for hotel expences they might incure. Room service,etc..

Just a reminder with Pirceline if you paid for one night you only get one night at that rate. IF you want to stay longer (extend your stay) you will have to pay the hotels going rate.

By the way..YES you should ALLWAYS call the hotel afew weeks before you travel to re-confirm your reservations. Samething with airlines and any other thing that you make reservations with. It's just good thing to do.

Whenever we use Priceline, I wait about 3 days after "winning" the bid and then call the hotel directly with a request for the King non smoking room. (Sometimes it take a day or 2 for the res to show up at the hotel.)

I always email ahead also, about a week in advance, to again put in our bedding request. Never had a problem.

The airport shuttle is a service offered to all guests so it is available no matter how you book. On the other hand, I was under the impression that the "Park and Cruise" was a special package that needed to be noted while booiking and therefore might not be available if you go through Priceline. Does anyone have experience with this?

In my case, I didn't think I could book through Priceline and then take advantage of a port shuttle without having to pay for the shuttle. I won't have a car and will be staying in Tampa

• 2 weeks later...

OK so if I go on price line, anyone know which "area" i should be picking and which hotel is associated with the stars.

for instance, i think the 4* are hyatt regency and intercontent

what's the 3* (ie. is that holiday in, la quinta east, etc...)

I need help on figuring out where to bid

thanks

Archived