Cruising out of NYC to see the Statue of Liberty?

gcjstri

HI All, my DH and i will be cruising out of New York City for the first time in October on the Dawn and i was wondering as we leave manhatten what side of the ship do we need to be on to see the Statue of Liberty ??? We have a balcony suite on the port side.

thank u for any input

minimom :)

HI All, my DH and i will be cruising out of New York City for the first time in October on the Dawn and i was wondering as we leave manhatten what side of the ship do we need to be on to see the Statue of Liberty ??? We have a balcony suite on the port side.

thank u for any input

minimom :)

Port Side out Starboard Home on the NCL Dawn....for the SOL

Smeyer, I see you are from NYC. I asked this question before, but I can't find the post. Using the A subway to get to Fort Washington Park and the Jefferey Hook Lighthouse at which station should I get off of the subway? How do I cross the highway?

When you leave the Manhattan pier, you first will be passing the NYC skyline for a while. Enjoy the view. You will also be passing the site of the former WTC. . .it is now a huge construction site. Once you pass the tip of Manhattan, the South Street Seaport, then you can go to the other side of the ship and wait for the Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. You will also pass under the Verrazano Bridge which is a fun experience because it will seem that the ship will not fit.

Archived