Did I miss the something?

I was just informed late last night that my October 18, 2008 booked cruise on the Jewel is now cancelled - It's going into Dry Dock?

I couldn't pull my reservation up online this weekend and this cruise wouldn't come up on the search anymore. So I called RCL customer service on Sunday. They said there were no problems and she could pull up my reservation with no problems and said that the reason I didn't see it on a search was becuase it was sold out. I should have known better...

I'm bummed...I didn't want to fly and this cruise would have been perfect.

Come join us on the Sept 8th Jewel Transatlantic with boarding in London, stops in Cork and Dublin Ireland, Wales, Plymouth, Paris and others and then we end up in Boston. Only have to fly one way.

5 Night Canada/New England Cruise Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas

Departure Port: Boston, Massachusetts

Ports of Call: Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Boston, Massachusetts

2008 Date(s): Oct 18

This is from RCCL site...it is sold out but the cruise is there...I know there was some trouble on the rccl site because all the M&M disappeared the other day and we all had to re-sign up....

Have a great cruise!

5 Night Canada/New England Cruise Ship Name: Jewel Of The Seas

Departure Port: Boston, Massachusetts

Ports of Call: Boston, Massachusetts; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Boston, Massachusetts

2008 Date(s): Oct 18

This is from RCCL site...it is sold out but the cruise is there...I know there was some trouble on the rccl site because all the M&M disappeared the other day and we all had to re-sign up....

Have a great cruise!

Hey Jeane the op said it was canceled and that he was informed last night...so sounds like a recent thing even though you can see the cruise .

I was just informed late last night that my October 18, 2008 booked cruise on the Jewel is now cancelled - It's going into Dry Dock?

I couldn't pull my reservation up online this weekend and this cruise wouldn't come up on the search anymore. So I called RCL customer service on Sunday. They said there were no problems and she could pull up my reservation with no problems and said that the reason I didn't see it on a search was becuase it was sold out. I should have known better...

I feel really bad for you. I'm sure something will be done to move you to another cruise.

The reservations agent said they could see your booking and the reason you couldn't is because the sailing is sold out? This has to be a first, the public web-site is more up to date than the customer service booking system. Did you try to confirm with the C&A desk? They are usually better informed.

I called the redeployment desk at RCL and they are saying that it's just this cruise that is in Dry Dock. Supposedly, the charter on the 23rd is still on.

Unfortunately I just have this week off from work so I can't book the charter either.

WAIT A MINUTE.....

This is very confusing. First you said that you were "just informed late last night"... Who informed you. Did you get a phone call, email.... ???

Then you said you called and they told you everything was alright - "there were no problems and she could pull up my reservation with no problems ".

Which is it???? If there are no problems, then why are you still bummed?????

DHaden - I share your confusion. The OP doesn't seem to indicate who it was that informed him that the cruise was cancelled and that the Jewel is going into dry dock, yet then says that RCI told him that the cruise is on as scheduled but sold out. There has to be more to the story and it might be helpful if we knew who provided the OP with the report of a dry dock and cancellation. Sounds to me like someone speculating on the reason that the cruise couldn't be found on the website without knowing the actual reason.

DHADEN,

I believe that what the OP was trying to say was that she (he?) became worried about her reservation over the weekend because she could not pull up it up online and she noticed that the cruise was no longer listed on RC's website.

So, she called customer service on Sunday and they told her that everything was fine, that her reservation was still there.

Well, then on Wednesday, she was informed that the cruise was canceled, b/c the Jewel will be in dry dock at that time.

She is bummed b/c the cruise is indeed canceled.

Wow, talk about thread derailing.

The original post at first glance is confusing. I almost made the same mistake and asked why the OP was bummed as well, until I re-read the post and deleted what I was going to ask. The events were reversed in the post but not in the time line.

Consider this a lesson about reading carefully...... ;)

This thread is chocked full of nits to be picked, and the pickers are out in force.:p

:rolleyes: when they do that does that mean something needs to be fixed or updated right away??/ as you or someone on this said it was dry dock last year so just wondering does it mean something wrong with ship and need fix on something or updated....

WAIT A MINUTE.....

This is very confusing. First you said that you were "just informed late last night"... Who informed you. Did you get a phone call, email.... ???

Then you said you called and they told you everything was alright - "there were no problems and she could pull up my reservation with no problems ".

Which is it???? If there are no problems, then why are you still bummed?????

this is what happen when x or rc cancels a cruise or allows it to be hijacked by a charter. You receive a "notice" but when you call customer service they have no idea what is going on, same thing happened when Atlantis charted the solstice. i called X and was told my reservation was fine, everything is ok. When I asked for the customer service person's name and informed her that I had my answer machine taping the call, I suddenly got transferred to another cust. service, who finally confessed that yes, the cruise was chartered out. X/RC really needs to get their act together and notify ALL thier cust. service people when a cancellation occurs. So sorry for the op, hopefully she can rebook .

I do so love the phraseology some folks use!

'RCI' "Hijacked my cruise!"

Cancelled, changed my plans, etc, etc, etc..but hijacked?

LOL. Nope not a critique, just love the words that sometimes get chosen.

I do so love the phraseology some folks use!

'RCI' "Hijacked my cruise!"

Cancelled, changed my plans, etc, etc, etc..but hijacked?

LOL. Nope not a critique, just love the words that sometimes get chosen.

I know it seems ridiculous, but that's how it seems when they charter out a cruise that they've been selling to the public for months, you, along with everyone else lose your booking with little or no comp or apology, I understand they make a lot of $ off Atlantis charters, but i wish thy would book them BEFORE they sold to the public, that's all. Basically, your booking gets hijacked. (i am over it now, but I reserve the right to cry next March, when my cruise should have been);)

Archived