Amsterdam Airport Environmental Tax

Mildred

I tried to get some more information about this topic:

http://evansparks.wordpress.com/2007/10/08/does-the-dutch-travel-tax-cost-too-much/

My question would be.. is this tax automatically in the ticket price or are passengers actually charged when using the airport as is the case in Chile when passengers arrive?

We will be flying into Amsterdam next month for our Century cruise. To think we will be charged an additional 90 Euros nearly $150 tax seems a bit much:eek:.

I can see Century using a different departure port .. in the future.

The tax is added to the ticket cost

http://www.schiphol.nl/AirportInformation/Check-inControl/AirportCharges/AirportCharges.htm

I all probability carriers will not change airports as the additional fuel costs and time delay to transport you from a more remote airport will outweigh the tax which is added to the airfare anyway and many airlines have absorbed this cost without increasing prices

To give you a context on additional fuel costs in Europe , this morning I paid £6 a litre for deisel ie $60 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!

I'm confused. I went to the link above and it says that these fees were implemented as of November 1, 2007. It additionally says that the Passenger service for departing passengers is EUR 11.87 and the security service charge is EUR 10.84 and that these fees are charged to the airlines. At the current rate of exchange this comes out to $34.74. These charges apply to departing passengers only, with lower charges for transfer passengers. It says nothing about charges for arriving passengers. I'm not seeing where it says that arriving passengers will be charged EUR 90. What am I missing? Or did you mean that 3 of you will be departing from Schipol after your cruise?

I'm confused. I went to the link above and it says that these fees were implemented as of November 1, 2007. It additionally says that the Passenger service for departing passengers is EUR 11.87 and the security service charge is EUR 10.84 and that these fees are charged to the airlines. At the current rate of exchange this comes out to $34.74. These charges apply to departing passengers only, with lower charges for transfer passengers. It says nothing about charges for arriving passengers. I'm not seeing where it says that arriving passengers will be charged EUR 90. What am I missing? Or did you mean that 3 of you will be departing from Schipol after your cruise?

Regardless, this is not an issue as with all taxes it is rolled up into the airfare and will have been paid within the current ticket price. There are taxes all over the place in European tickets but all are consolidated into the prices the airlines charge so lets not get worried here!!

I understand now why Celebrity had originally scheduled me on a flight from Amsterdam to Heathrow before proceeding to Toronto.... the ticket cost would have been lower. But then when Heathrow had "issues" with its new terminal, our flight was changed to AMS to Philadelphia and on to Toronto. The new (as of July 1) environmental tax will cause some changes in flight plans. Too bad air has a tendency to drift from one country to the next. You'll still get the pollution from competing airports unless fewer people fly... an unfolding drama that will occur because of high fuel prices anyways.

This tax (to which many dutch people oppose, but seems to go through anyway....) will be included in ticketprice.

One more reason why people in The Netherlands living not too far from the German or Belgium border will leave more often of airports in those countries.

Archived