Ice Show Tickets

They're usually available the morning of the 2nd day of the cruise, outside the ice rink. Check the compass - it will definitely be listed. If tickets get sold out, show up anyway. People usually get in.

They will also make an announcement as to when each dinner seating should pick up tickets.

You only need go to 1 of the shows--they are all the same---so that everyone gets to see it!

There is no charge for the tickets.

There are two ice shows for each dinner seating, so you'll have a choice of two timeslots depending upon which dinner seating you have. One is usually Wednesday night after dinner, and the other is often Thursday/Friday night before dinner. (your dates may vary) If you have early seating, you may prefer the show that's after dinner, because the one that's before dinner starts at 5pm, which is inconveniently early to be dinner-ready especially if it's a port day or formal night (on Mariner

Western, it was both).

On our last cruise, there were 3 ice shows. The daily newspaper, The Compass, will list when and where to select your tickets. The Compass is delivered to your cabin the first day when the room is made up. Then the next day's Compass is delivered while you are at dinner, so you can see what you want to do the next day. No charge for the tickets.

On our last cruise the ice show tickets were handed out on the morning of the 2nd day. Then on the night of the ice show people were forming one line at the door until a crew member announced that we should form two lines, one on the left side and a line on the right for handicapped. So when that announcement was made, a stampede of people ran over to form a line on the left side. It seems that a couple of signs would eliminate that problem. By the time someone comes out to make that announcement, the line is quite long. I would imagine this happens all the time.

We were on EOS with 800 children. We saw a line as we strolled through the promenade after dinner, got on line and found out they were giving out tickets to the first ice show. The tickets to the ice show are not assigned seats. There are really no bad seats for the ice show anyway. We loved the show, but I wished we had missed that first show because they repeated it later in the cruise as the evening's entertainment.

Later in the cruise there was a second show - more of a battle of the skaters. There was an announcement in the compass and I got on line to get tickets. The line moved very fast, they just ask you how many you want. We had no problem with people "stampeding" or anything like that.

For the first show we got there 15 minutes early and waited for them to open the doors and we got great seats. For the second show we got there just in time and also got great seats, although not in the second row.

I wouldn't stress over it. Every once in a while you see a person who has a bad experience and they post. But if our experience was the norm, I wouldn't concern myself. Just read the compass, enjoy the promenade while one of your group stands in line for 5 minutes for tickets.

Can you phone in for tickets or must you get them in person?

I wouldn't stress over it. Every once in a while you see a person who has a bad experience and they post. But if our experience was the norm, I wouldn't concern myself. Just read the compass, enjoy the promenade while one of your group stands in line for 5 minutes for tickets.

Absolutely agreed, EGG. For us, it was practically a "non-event". Sometimes, someone will post about horrendous lines and so forth, but for the most part, it is very organized and orderly. CHECK YOUR COMPASS - can't stress that enough. The time and place for pick up will be listed. You cannot do this ahead of time.

we were on the mariner, tickets were to be handed out at 9am...i got down there at 8:40 there was a huge line already, no biggie, it went fast. yhey tell u when u will go to the show..so everyone can go depending on your dinner times. we went to the 7pm on thurs, didnt care we had no plans for formal night, just the wj..there were alot of empty seats, the show was very nice.

How good of a show is it really? While I enjoy cruise entertainment, I'm not sure I want to rush in from the deck to see the ice show, but I don't want to miss out on something really worthwhile. What are your opinions of the show?

How good of a show is it really? While I enjoy cruise entertainment, I'm not sure I want to rush in from the deck to see the ice show, but I don't want to miss out on something really worthwhile. What are your opinions of the show?

You'd be rushing in from the deck? You rush anywhere on a cruise? ;) Yes, it is very worthwhile. Just plan accordingly and nothing will be sacrificed for the Ice Show.

I thought it was a fabulous show and one I wouldn't want to miss. The skaters are quite talented to be able to preform in such a small area.

You meen they are no sold by Ticketmaster? :p FUNNY!)

Can you phone in for tickets or must you get them in person?

If you have accesss to the concierge he can get your tickets for you. That is how we got ours. If you don't have access you need to line up at least 45 minutes before :eek: they start giving them out to get them. They only have a limited amount they give out for each show so you need to get there early.

Archived