The Elevator Mystery

Have any of you ever seen them change the day of the bottom of the elevator it'sa mystery to me

Much like the "upgrade fairy" each ship has an "elevator fairy" to change the signs when no one is looking!:D I actually do not like it because it keeps reminding me that I am one day closer to the end of my cruise!

1308798086062290451S600x600Q85.jpg

On our last few cruises, we rode the elevators starting at about 11:55pm to watch the workers change the days on the floors. I don't have any pictures on hand, but the employee let us hold the sign for the new day and the tool they use to change it. It's a lot of fun with a group of people!

Derek

On our last few cruises, we rode the elevators starting at about 11:55pm to watch the workers change the days on the floors. I don't have any pictures on hand, but the employee let us hold the sign for the new day and the tool they use to change it. It's a lot of fun with a group of people!

Derek

Oh dear... how many of the ship's bars had you visited before you decided on this as your activity?!:eek: :D

I noticed them on the Mariner.. It is cool for the first day or two, then you start to realize how quickly the cruise is going by and it becomes depressing.

Unless you're on a B2B....then you have lots of time! :D

Well, it looks like I'll have to sleep in an elevator next year on the Rhapsody. As soon as I get you an answer I'll post it.

Actually I think that is pretty cool. This will be our 1st RCI cruise so seeing some of the differences will be fun.

I saw it on a 9 day cruise on Explorer - me and the kids thought it was cool - but unnecessary. Until about Day 6 when we couldn't remember what day it was.......

This topic came up once before and someone posted that s/he and a group had ridden the elevator around midnight just waiting for the employee who changes them - when the door opened and he was there - they all jumped and clapped and startled the crap outta him.

Have any of you ever seen them change the day of the bottom of the elevator it'sa mystery to me

Well, it looks like I'll have to sleep in an elevator next year on the Rhapsody. As soon as I get you an answer I'll post it.

Actually I think that is pretty cool. This will be our 1st RCI cruise so seeing some of the differences will be fun.

Sleep in the elevator every night if you wish.

The Rhapsody doesn't have the signs.

:)

Much like the "upgrade fairy" each ship has an "elevator fairy" to change the signs when no one is looking!:D I actually do not like it because it keeps reminding me that I am one day closer to the end of my cruise!

1308798086062290451S600x600Q85.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but on our first and second cruise 5 or more years ago didn't they change the whole rug and now they just change the part where the day is? I think I am right. Anybody?

I am very disappointed to learn that it wasn't elevator fairies. Oh, well, another crushing discovery. Sigh. Next you will tell me there is no tooth fairy!!!!:eek:

On another note, I took pictures of the elevator day sign each morning, so that when we got back home and downloaded the pictures, I'd know which day we took what shot. Some of the beaches can look alike!

I am very disappointed to learn that it wasn't elevator fairies. Oh, well, another crushing discovery. Sigh. Next you will tell me there is no tooth fairy!!!!:eek:

On another note, I took pictures of the elevator day sign each morning, so that when we got back home and downloaded the pictures, I'd know which day we took what shot. Some of the beaches can look alike!

My wife does the same thing. Makes it easier to remember after the cruise when she took the pictures.

I always thought that the signs changing were attributed to something mysterious, perhaps elevator fairies, or the Bermuda triangle. I never could catch anyone changing them. It's sort of like Christmas... if you stayed up watching, Santa wouldn't come, but as soon as you fell asleep....;)

A few years ago I dragged my husband on an elevator shortly before midnight and told him we were riding it until they changed the day of the week. It didn't take long, someone came on and took out the piece with the day and inserted the new one.

Yes, he thought I was nuts but I just had to do it!

Archived