? Vibration in Penthouse Suites

cruisetherapist

Hi,

This is the first time I am posting here. I am planning to book the Azamara Quest and have a question regarding possible vibration in the Penthouse Suites at the aft end of the ship.

I have been told that while the suites are beautiful and quite spacious, that there is a noticable vibration when the ship is cruising. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a suggestion as to which PH and deck has the least amount of vibration?

I am afraid that we won't be able to sleep at night if it is really bad and don't want to spend over $10,000 for the priviledge of selecting the wrong cabin.

Doc

I was in 6088 Penthouse. There is vibration, it is not all the time, and it is not really a problem. After the first couple of hours you get used to it and don't even notice it anymore. I think it has something to do with the thrusters, when you are at certain speeds you feel it and then other times when you are really moving quickly it is not there. I rather enjoyed it when first going to bed, it is like having a vibrating bed without putting the quarters in. The whole experience of the beautiful spacious cabin and the elegant service and wonderful food, nothing is a problem!

I am going to sail again same category on the May 1 Quest, don't think you are wasting your money, but if a little vibration will really bother you that much, book a sky suite which is mid ship and shouldn't have any vibration.

I know this message board has discussed this, and you will get varying opinions. My husband and I were on the Quest for 14 days in December through the Panama Canal, in Penthouse Suite 7119. I guess what others are calling vibration, we are calling "being on a ship". Please don't throw stones; I'm not trying to be antagonistic. If there was a vibration, we didn’t notice it. We did notice gentle motion consistent with being on a ship and not in a beautiful (but distant from the water) hotel room.

The suite is gorgeous. We, too, have reserved it again for a future cruise (and will continue to do so). I think you will love it.

Kathy

Cruisetherapist -

We have done three T/As in 6090 and 6093 (the little guys between the suites) on Azamara Quest and Oceania Regatta. We also have two more booked, see below. Yes, there definitely is some vibration, especially at 18 kn and faster. If she is just loafing along, there is no vibration at all. We know it it there, we feel it, but it does not bother us. It sort of reinforces the feeling that we are on a ship, on the High Seas, yess! I actually miss the vibration when I am in my own bed at home.

As to Kathy's gentle motion, last fall we had 25-30 ft seas and wind of 65 mph. What an absolutely breathtaking ride we had outside on our balcony. Fortunately we did not get sea sick.

Hi,

This is the first time I am posting here. I am planning to book the Azamara Quest and have a question regarding possible vibration in the Penthouse Suites at the aft end of the ship.

I have been told that while the suites are beautiful and quite spacious, that there is a noticable vibration when the ship is cruising. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have a suggestion as to which PH and deck has the least amount of vibration?

I am afraid that we won't be able to sleep at night if it is really bad and don't want to spend over $10,000 for the priviledge of selecting the wrong cabin.

Doc

Azamara is a cruise line and it a small ship..you are going to feel vibration..A larger Celebrity ship may have less vibration..

Jancruz1

I believe you get more vibration on deck 6 but we would be happy to have any penthouse on deck 6 or 7. You will love it too.:)

"I'm digging Those Good Vibrations". :D

Hello...

We've not been in a penthouse, but we were in one of the two balcony cabins on deck 8 aft on Quest. I did notice minimal vibration for the first day/night...not enough to bother me...and forgot about it by 2nd or 3rd day.

However, the lower you go on the ship, the more noticeable it is. We requested seating as far from aft section as possible (and were graciously accommodated) in both specialty restaurants. After one meal in the larger lowest restaurant, when our water was vibrating and we had tried changing to as far from aft as possible, we skipped that dining room.

We didn't notice vibration in any other part of the ship and we're completely "sold" on Azamara. I'm looking for an itinerary that I haven't done and will be booked in a heartbeat.

Of note, we were on Paul Gauguin two months after Quest and although the ship was lovely, we missed many of the amenities, decor and ambiance of the Quest.

Enjoy your cruise. Again, I'd get the highest deck possible.

murphysmum;)

I think I will agree with all the other posts.

We also had the pleasure of 7119 and we did notice some vibration but no more than we have found on some of other ships. We would not hesitate on booking a PH again (if the price was right) LOL. You will have a wonderful time!!!

Hello...

Although the previous poster notes correctly that the penthouses and cabins on deck 8 aft are under a dining venue, we never heard anything except a few chairs moving for cleaning in the morning. We were in tropical waters with our windows open and I think that the wind and forward movement of the ship just carries the sound of any conversation and music away as this is an outside dining venue.

I wouldn't miss one of those lovely cabins for fear of noise...and I'm pretty sensitive to noise. We also found the location very convenient to run upstairs, do the buffet and eat outside (aft) after a return from an 8+ hour tour.

Although the food in the specialty restaurants is divine, the nightly buffets were very good as well.

Love Azamara!

Enjoy!

murphysmum;)

Archived