Easy Jet anyone used them?

vacationdreamer2

We have to get from Paris to Venice before and after our cruise. We have the flights to Paris but need to book Paris to Venice RT. I found some cheap flights on EasyJet, has anyone used them I'm a little unfamilar. We could book on Alitalia or AirFrace but the Easy Jet would save us ~$400 is it worth it?

Secondly our Continental flight lands in Paris CDG @ 9:40 am (with no delays) can we make and 11:15 am flight on Easy Jet CDG-VCE? Does anyone know their policy for missing a flight?

TIA for any and all advice! :confused:

Hi, Easyjet is one of the largest of the European "Low cost airlines" operating a fleet of mainly new Airbus A319 aircraft. We have used them many times and they are fine. There are good fares available for booking early.

However you need to be aware that there is virtually no flexibility in the ticket, and you need to comply strictly with their conditions of carriage. One of these is that the check-in will close 40 minutes prior to departure. If you haven't checked in by this time you will forfeit your flight. In that case you would find a new flight (even if one was available with easyjet) very expensive as a last minute instant purchase. If your inbound flight was delayed, it would have no bearing on the onward carrier, as they have no interline agreements with other airlines, and are a strictly point to point carrier.

In my honest opinion you cannot realistically land at 0940 and make a check in limit of 1035, only 55 minutes. CDG is a large spread out airport and any chance at all would depend on the terminals that continental and easyjet use. I would advise you to either book a fully flexible ticket or give yourself a lot more connection time.

Further to the answer above, I have checked and Easyjet use terminal 2B at CDG, and Continental use terminal 2A. These terminals are opposite each other which would be of some help. However you would have to clear Immigration, collect your luggage, clear customs, transfer terminals and then check-in again all in a maximum of 55 minutes, even if the inbound flight is on time. I fly for a living and I wouldn't entertain that at all.

Continentals "Skyteam" partner is Air France, who have frequent flights to venice. I would think the best option would be to book a through flight (Via CDG) with Continental, and then to some extent let them worry about how they connect you on to venice if the flight is delayed.

Easyjet is a well established point to point airline, selling tickets online, similar in concept to the US airline Southwest.

Your ticket covers 20kg hold baggage per person, and one piece of handbaggage - dimensions are on the company's website www.easyjet.com, with no restrictions on its weight. You pay extra for 'speedy boarding' and all refreshments on board. No seats are allocated in advance. If you have not bought 'speedy boarding', your boarding group is allocated either by checking in online or is determined by when you arrive at the airport to check in, depending on how many other passengers have checked in before you.

Check in desks close 40 mins before the flight is due to depart, and no allowances or concessions are made for those who arrive late. Even if the flight you are booked on has a delayed departure, you will NOT be allowed to check in.

Should you miss your flight, the ground staff will try to put you on the next available flight to your destination - you will have to pay a fee for this.

Onboard, you will soon discover that orange is this airline's favourite colour! The staff are generally very competent and friendly (especially if the service you choose has its home base at Liverpool, UK). Seat pitch is acceptable for what are generally short flights, there are two refreshment trolleys - one starting at the rear, the other at the front. The inflight magazine is interesting and is issued regularly. Passengers can take their copy home without charge.

Easyjet does not offer IFE nor newspapers. Bring a book. If you don't want to buy their food, you can bring your own on board or buy it at the airport before boarding. Hot drinks are NOT allowed to be brought on board. Remember to buy your drinks AFTER security control!!

Flights are usually on time, but there can be a 'domino effect' of lateness as the day progresses if there were weather or air traffic control issues earlier in the day.

I fly regularly with Easyjet and find their service excellent for my needs, and their staff are far nicer and reasonable than a certain Irish-owned point to point airline that competes for business in the UK.

However, being a point-to-point airline, they have no responsibility to you if you miss a connecting flight (even with the same airline) and have limited responsibility to look after you because of delays (meal vouchers/overnight accommodation).

I would have no hesitation in booking them, but allow extra time for connecting flights or embarking on a cruise!! Certainly 55 mins is, in my experience, too short a time to connect at Paris CDG .......... I think that there is a minimum connecting interval of 45 mins, which is fine IN THEORY ONLY, and then only when you have a guaranteed connection with a partner airline in the cartel you are using and through-ticketed baggage (which you definitely would NOT have when using Easyjet).

Remember that point-to-point means getting you from A to B only and with no frills attached!!

PLEASE READ THE 'SMALL PRINT' WHEN BOOKING!! And there are extra charges for booking with a credit card!

Whilst generally agreeing with Jetdriver787 if his suggestion is a lot more expensive, take a later Easyjet flight !! By the way, do look at Easyjet's website and carefully read up on their rules/conditions. The trade off for a low fare with UK no frills carriers is that they hurt your wallet if you get it wrong and rarely exercise discretion or mercy. Also, watch out for the baggage weight restrictions, which are usually strictly applied and excess charges levied when overweight.

Notwithstanding the above, we like Easyjet and have no problem using them

We used EasyJet last summer from Orly to Rome and from Rome to Basel. We were able to purchase priority boarding to Rome but not from- ironically we ended up in the same bulkhead seats even though we were in the middle of the pack boarding to Basel!

The weight restriction of 20kg equals 44lbs, so if you are flying immediately after you arrive from the states, be sure that your checked bag is withing that limit. The prepaid $15 for an extra checked bag is well worth it if you have 2 checked bags, but DH & I are able to travel lightly in summer and manage with 1 and a backpack.

We will not hesitate to fly EasyJet when we are in Europe next spring and are hoping that their routes will cover our yet-to-be-determined itinerary.

Thanks for all the advice. I think for my purposes since there are no Easy Jet flights from CDG to VCE after 11:15am, I don't think it's worth risking it. I'm going to call Continental and see if they can book me through on one of their Sky Team partners AirFrance or Alitalia this way if our flight from Newark is delayed they will hopefully be more sympathetic in getting us to VCE. Does anyone know if I book seperately via the AirFrance or Alitaila website do the same rules apply?

We have to get from Paris to Venice before and after our cruise. We have the flights to Paris but need to book Paris to Venice RT. I found some cheap flights on EasyJet, has anyone used them I'm a little unfamilar. We could book on Alitalia or AirFrace but the Easy Jet would save us ~$400 is it worth it?

Secondly our Continental flight lands in Paris CDG @ 9:40 am (with no delays) can we make and 11:15 am flight on Easy Jet CDG-VCE? Does anyone know their policy for missing a flight?

TIA for any and all advice! :confused:

make sure you have plenty of connection time , they dont mess around and unlike the big guys they aim to leave on time every time so if they say the check in closes 45 mins before flight departure ...they mean it, that check in desk then shows another destination !

JETDRIVER787

You seem to know CDG very well.

We're arriving on Zoom..into Term # 3

Until I printed out my ticket, I thought Easyjet was still there...however..now at Term # 2 B

Exact directions please....I believe we come out of term.3..turn right..past the Ibis and Term 2 is just ahead.

Could you add to that....where exactly is "B"..and do we walk into the departure level ? We have 1 hr.25 minutes to make it before check-in will close!!

Many thanks,

Sharon

If you click on http://www.adp.fr which is the website for Paris Airports, and then select Paris Charles de Gaulle, you should be able to get a plan of the airport. I think all the terminals are T9, 1 and 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, and 2F. You should be able to connect easily to the 2A-F terminals, and the others are connected by free shuttle bus. It can be quite a long walk between terminals - usually not in the open air though - and if you've just finished a transatlantic flight (usually overnight) be kind to yourself and allow yourself extra time to get between terminals .... tiredness, excitement, and that the largest writing on all signs is in French (but in English underneath!!).

EasyJet is great, as are I am sure the others. My advice would be to look at the website to understand two things...baggage allowance (i think 20Kg) AND costs for excess baggage weight. As I recall, the charge is VERY high per Kg. I read of someone who ended up paying more in excess baggage fees than they did for their flight. I would do the same with the other scheduled airlines. I would take Easyjet over Alitalia in a heartbeat.

Thanks for all the advice. I think for my purposes since there are no Easy Jet flights from CDG to VCE after 11:15am, I don't think it's worth risking it. I'm going to call Continental and see if they can book me through on one of their Sky Team partners AirFrance or Alitalia this way if our flight from Newark is delayed they will hopefully be more sympathetic in getting us to VCE. Does anyone know if I book seperately via the AirFrance or Alitaila website do the same rules apply?

You want Continental to book you on a through ticket all the way to Venice. That way, if you are delayed, they have to get you to Venice on a later flight on one of their partner carriers. This happened to us 2 years ago. We flew to London on Air New Zealand, which was 3 hours late and we missed our connecting flight (on a separate ticket) to Florence. It was a nightmare. Fortunately, British Airways had a reasonably priced last minute fare available, but Air New Zealand washed their hands of us because the connecting flight was not booked through them.

And, if you have a choice, do not book Alitalia. They are terrible and are prone to strikes. Stick with Air France or someone else, if possible.

I work for an airline, and I used to work on the transfer desk at Heathrow looking after passengers who had missed their connecting flights.

The official rule is both flights have to be on 1 ticket to cover you if you miss your connection. If you have 2 separate tickets, and you miss your connection, then you could be forced to buy a new ticket for the next flight.

I would always change someones ticket for them at no cost, even if it was a separate ticket. However you are really in the hands of how kind the airline and agent are feeling!

Just returned from Paris, we took Easy Jet from Orly to Rome and had no problems, they were professional and flight was on time. The plane was new and the seats were very comfortable. We then went via train to Venice and from Venice back to Paris we took Ryan Air. The flight was delayed by 1 hour and the landing was really rough!

Another thing you should consider is the location of the airports where you are departing from and to. For example we used Ryan air from Venice to Paris and had to fly out of Treviso which is outside the city in Venice which we had to access via bus which cost 6.00 Euros and we arrived in Beauvais airport which is 1 hour outside of Paris which we had to pay an additional 13.00 Euros.

Archived