Massage in Ensenada?

Wooohoo so excited!! My first EVER cruise starts July 18th on the Monarch of the Seas!!!

So, I wasn't planning on getting off of the ship in Ensenada but hubby is doing the bike tour and I read on here that people were getting massages there instead of on the ship and I thought, never had a massage before!! Might as well try one!! So, where do I go for a massage and is there a way I can book in advance? Thanks so much for any and all advice!

:D

Good question. I would like to know as well. We have cruised many times before and been to Ensenada several times. I have seen what I need to see there. A massage could be a nice change of pace. Welcome to cruising ..this will be my first time on the Monarch July 28 for the four day...you will be hooked! Happy cruising

I rarely get off the ship in Ensenada though I've been there on the Viking Serenade in the old days and now the Monarch - about 18 times in all. I have eaten once at an excellent Italian and French restaurant, taken on special occasions by Dean Hay who used to play the piano on board the MN...but I'm a bit old for the Carlos and Charlie's crowd so I relax on the ship, chatting with my favorite bartenders. I would love to do a massage, however...where do folks go?

Carmen

Massage & Facial Care

743 Avenida Lopez Mateo

for appointments, email:

spatherapy@hotmail.com

We go there every time we're in Ensenada, and the treatments are wonderful. The owner, Dean Tinney, splits his time between the US and Ensenada. The profits go to a program he's involved in to help the children of Ensenada so they won't have to sell trinkets to tourists or beg for money. He has another location on Calle Miramar as well, so there's plenty of capacity.

Thanks for the info....I'm sailing the 21st with my three nursecolleagues...we call ourselves the "Queens" - an Ensenada massage sounds like just the thing. Twice the time for the same amount of money as on the ship...I could sure go for that.

Merci, mahalo, gracias, donka, and all that jazz.

Carmen

Carmen: We'll be boarding when you're leaving. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. See you in October. Letty

What a shame, Letty, that we won't be on board at the same time!!!

Massage & Facial Care

743 Avenida Lopez Mateo

for appointments, email:

spatherapy@hotmail.com

We go there every time we're in Ensenada, and the treatments are wonderful. The owner, Dean Tinney, splits his time between the US and Ensenada. The profits go to a program he's involved in to help the children of Ensenada so they won't have to sell trinkets to tourists or beg for money. He has another location on Calle Miramar as well, so there's plenty of capacity.

I have to say that Jean is right about this place. My DW and go everytime we are in Ensenada. Dolores is the manager there and if you don't hear back from jeans contact.....try writing Dolores for an appointment. Her email is doloresfierro56@hotmail.com

A great massage at Massage & Facial Care.........and then off to Pueblos for some of the best Mexican food served in Ensenada.

We are more than 60 days away from another trip on the Monarch, and just being reminded about this gets me excited that we are headed out for yet another cruise!!:) :)

Rick

I've already written to - and gotten a reply back, from Dean to book massages for our group of four forensic nurses July 24th when we're in Ensenada. Dean wanted to know how I heard about their place so I passed the word along.

Thanks so much, gang!

Well, I've sent 3 emails and received no response. :-( Very sad!! :( I have never had a massage before and was really looking forward to getting one in Ensenada while hubby was doing the 4 hour bike tour. Thought-first cruise, first time in Mexico, first time getting a massage = FUN! LOL Hope we hear back from them by next Thursday early afternoon, as we are leaving for LA that evening.

I have to say that Jean is right about this place. My DW and go everytime we are in Ensenada. Dolores is the manager there and if you don't hear back from jeans contact.....try writing Dolores for an appointment. Her email is doloresfierro56@hotmail.com

A great massage at Massage & Facial Care.........and then off to Pueblos for some of the best Mexican food served in Ensenada.

We are more than 60 days away from another trip on the Monarch, and just being reminded about this gets me excited that we are headed out for yet another cruise!!:) :)

Rick

Rick, Dolores isn't there any more. Divina is the manager now. She's very nice, but she's not, well, she's not Dolores. :(

Had this email from Dean Tinney regarding massages:

From Dean Tinney, Massage & Facial Care, Ensenada

July 5, 2008

Carmen...we sure appreciate the publicity but can you help us correct a couple of things.

Dolores was never the manager... she was the receptionist and is no longer with us. All correspondence should be addressed to me at spatherapy@hotmail.com

Gracias.

Had this email from Dean Tinney regarding massages:

From Dean Tinney, Massage & Facial Care, Ensenada

July 5, 2008

Carmen...we sure appreciate the publicity but can you help us correct a couple of things.

Dolores was never the manager... she was the receptionist and is no longer with us. All correspondence should be addressed to me at spatherapy@hotmail.com

Gracias.

Carmen,

Thanks for the heads up!!

Jean and I go back a few years........when we had massages at this wonderful place.

She travels the Monarch.........once or twice a month.......and we do it twice a year.........so we always follow Jean......the residence expert.

The good news is..........that we now know who to contact for out next message..........on the Monarch voyage leaving LA on Sept 8th.

Come join us!!

Rick

Thanks for providing the information Jean....I have always wanted to try your massage place in Ensenada. :D It looks like we will not have an opportunity do so before Monarch leaves the left coast. In any case, I have printed out the information for future reference in case there is an an eventual replacement ship for this great little itinerary. Thanks. :D

Guest allylaw
Massage & Facial Care

743 Avenida Lopez Mateo

for appointments, email:

spatherapy@hotmail.com

Thanks for the info Critterchick. :) I've been to Ensenada a number of times and have heard that there was a great spa that everyone has recommended, but I didn't know which one it was. Is there a website with the spa menu available that you know of?

• 9 years later...

If you are looking for a fantastic massage at exceptional prices, look no further than Ensenada Massage. Jesse Atkinson, owner and therapist and his staff are truly excellent. I have had many massages in my life and this ranks right up there with the best of them. Jesse picked us up at the cruiseport and delivered us to his location which is just a short jaunt from the cruiseport. We were on the table for 90 minutes where we proceeded to get an excellent whole body treatment where he interjected some hot stone. I can't say enough. Jesse is a very trained experienced therapist and the massage was amazing. My husband and I both left feeling relaxed and rejuvinated!!! Pick up and drop off right back to the ship (or another location if you choose), and 90 minutes each on the able came to $139.00 for both of us. Don't waste your money on the ship at the spa. Experience Jesse and his staff when in Ensenada and you will not be disappointed. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

If you are looking for a fantastic massage at exceptional prices, look no further than Ensenada Massage. Jesse Atkinson, owner and therapist and his staff are truly excellent. I have had many massages in my life and this ranks right up there with the best of them. Jesse picked us up at the cruiseport and delivered us to his location which is just a short jaunt from the cruiseport. We were on the table for 90 minutes where we proceeded to get an excellent whole body treatment where he interjected some hot stone. I can't say enough. Jesse is a very trained experienced therapist and the massage was amazing. My husband and I both left feeling relaxed and rejuvinated!!! Pick up and drop off right back to the ship (or another location if you choose), and 90 minutes each on the able came to $139.00 for both of us. Don't waste your money on the ship at the spa. Experience Jesse and his staff when in Ensenada and you will not be disappointed. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677clear.png?emoji-grin-1677http://www.ensenada-massage.com