I don't mind I am on a cruise!

hurls88

>>Singing out of tune at late night Kareoke .... its ok, I'm on a cruise (and I wont know these people next week!)

>>Tripping up the stairs on the Lido Deck Restaurant with a tray full of food.... causing a scene... wanting to spend the rest of the week in my cabin... but didn't .. cause its a cruise!!

>>Letting my kids go to the Camp Carnival 10PM - 3AM slumber party - and paying dearly the next day when they are miserable... why? cause it's a cruise!

>>letting my 13 yr old eat Ice Cream and Pizza for breakfast.... why, cause it's a cruise... and his vacation too!

coffee on the ships... I not only don't mind what the cruise lines pass off as coffee, but actually smile while drinking it -- because it reminds me that I'm on a cruise. :)

I was thinking about things that you have to do either for the wife or the children or for myself for that matter that I would not do if you were not on a cruise. You do these to make all happy. Now my experiences are from RCI but maybe you can prepare me for some Carnival situations.

1. Waiting in line for embarkation= This is a no brainer but what I like to do is tease the kids. " Oh No why are they not letting anymore people on board. Must be full well lets go home." (My 5 year old DD will fall for it but my 12 year old son knows me too well)

2. Waiting in Line for Pictures= I take the day off from work to get the kids pictures with Santa so I don't have to wait in line. But wether it is embarkation, Formal Night, or getting off at the Ports got to capture the memories.

3. Waiting in line for buffets= Well its food that is already paid for so we have to do it. If I go to a restaurant and there is a wait I am off to the next one.

4. Line for The Flow Rider/Rock Wall/Mini Golf/Water Slide?= At the Amusement Parks I don't hesitate to buy the Express Pass to skip the lines shoot at Universal we stay at there hotels to use the room key to skip lines. But to body surf on the back of a cruise ship you have to wait.

5. Dressing up for Dinner (Tuxes)= I am a PE Teacher(Gym) so I wear coaches shorts all Year( I have moved away from the old Polyester shorts to the New mesh shorts) but I hate dressing up. But those Pictures do line the stairwell of my house.

6. Keeping your mouth shut when the Wife and DD spend $100 to "Style" there hair for Formal night. Can't say anything else in case she reads this.

I am sure there are more so add to the list.

Somehow I have a feeling that you have a problem with waiting in line....for anything! Please correct me if I'm wrong.. :o

Somehow I have a feeling that you have a problem with waiting in line....for anything! Please correct me if I'm wrong.. :o

Yeah I don't have much patience for anything.

My kids HATE this: wearing a dishrag on my ditty bag in ports to use as a rag to wipe off the sweat!! It's OK, I'm on a cruise! I'm a tourist. I really need to stop doing this.

Just wondered who the PSYCHRN is - my DH is a Psychrn also. He also carries a wash cloth around in his pocket.:D

:o Since my dh thinks of our vacations as "honeymoons" ........

"Again??????????? It's ok we are on a cruise"

Gotta love a man who never complains about my booking the next cruise :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, I love your post, crazed! have a GREAT cruise in a couple weeks :)

to the OP - adorable kids! You definitely remind me of my dad - "uh oh...they're not letting anyone else on, we'd better go home". Except he did this to me when I was 25 ;)

:o Since my dh thinks of our vacations as "honeymoons" ........

"Again??????????? It's ok we are on a cruise"

Gotta love a man who never complains about my booking the next cruise :D

Something about beign on the high seas - or just being totally de-stressed - that brings about romantic notions.:)

My wife coming back to the ship in San Juan with 6 designer shoppings loaded...IT's OK WE ARE ON A CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!

The Husband [me] getting up on stage and trying to be the 4th Temptation in the Motown Review and he has 2-left feet....IT's OK WE ARE ON A CRUISE

Just wondered who the PSYCHRN is - my DH is a Psychrn also. He also carries a wash cloth around in his pocket.:D

That's funny. I just grab one of my kitchen towels and take it with me on excursions. It comes in handy but looks real stupid. My kids hate it but they always want to use it too!

I'm an ARNP and work in New Port Richey area.

Archived