Sushi?

mechcc

Have a friend who is debating between HAL and Princess and believe it or not, the decision rests on which line has sushi available the most frequently. Can anyone tell me where and when sushi is available on the Vista class ships?

Thank you!

I think sushi is available on all HAL ships as part of the Asian station, as we found a good selection on both the Amsterdam and the Oosterdam. It runs down pretty fast as it is popular but there is one chef responsible solely for the sushi selection.

On our Coral Princess trip recently sushi was only available on the "at sea" day, when they had a special suchi buffet. It was set up in the middle of the horizon court.

If your friend wants sushi everyday, HAL is the way to go....:D :D :D

If you want really good sushi, go with Oceania. HAL and Princess can't hold a candle to the sushi on Oceania.

I beg to differ here .. IMHO if you want the best in Sushi, Crystal's Silk Road beats all comers .. the famous Nobu of restaurateur fame oversees these efforts on their fleet and the results are fantastic.

That having been said, the sushi on HAL ships while basic is just fine and we partake regularly ...

harry

Have a friend who is debating between HAL and Princess and believe it or not, the decision rests on which line has sushi available the most frequently. Can anyone tell me where and when sushi is available on the Vista class ships?

Thank you!

They both have sushi and I have not been overly impressed by the sushi on either.

Out of the mass market lines Celebrity definitely has the best quality sushi. Although it is not as good as at a sushi restaurant on land, it is fairly tasty (unlike the other mass market lines). Celebrity actually sets up a little sushi station in the buffet area in the early evening with a few different types of maki rolls, a few types of Nigiri sushi, and miso soup. The tables are decorated with an Asian theme and there is soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi available.

Holland does have sushi daily but it is very bland and I was bored with it after the first evening. It was not even nearly as good as supermarket sushi.

There's lots of things I love about HAL, but their attempt at sushi isn't one of them.

Gonzo is correct. Celebrity's early evening offering is just the ticket to tide us over to our late seating dinner. It's nothing great, but it far exceeds HAL's feeble effort.

Archived