Sorry - Dress question - Ladies

:confused: Is country club casual the same as casual elegance. I picture country club casual as quite preppy with a sweater tied around my neck - and Lily Pulitzer outfits. I don't belong to a country club and I don't golf or play tennis.

My problem is I am just about as far away from preppy as they come and I really believe shorts belong in the gym the golf course or the garden. No flaming please its really because..... I just can't pull the shorts thing together like others. I am like more funky and prefer more European designers.

My question is this: am i going to stand out like a sore thumb if I wear dresses/skirt and heals and big chunky jewelery to dinner each night.

You won't have a problem at all; we just returned from 2 weeks on the Navigator and ladies wore all kinds of outfits from the ridiculous to the sublime -- but all in good taste.

I believe the key now a days is comfort and doubt you would be rejected from the dining room even on a formal night if not dressed in a long gown.

The "shorts" attire is really about those having lunch by the pool, jogging/walking or sitting outside in warm climates. Some wore shorts outside LaVeranda during lunch on our Alaska cruise. Although we saw some jeans worn on board, I won't even let my DH pack any;)

Because I do belong to a country club, I think I interpret ccc more loosely than most (and my being in the 'funky' & eclectic category myself, I THINK I know what you mean)....

Really ccc shouldn't infringe on any sort of personal style, and is anything you want to wear, except (to put it in the negative, for the dining room, in the evening): no jeans, shorts, uncollared tshirts (men), open toed shoes (men again). That's it!

On our last regent cruise most were on the more casual side in the dining rooms, but the "very dressed" did not stick out at all, as the dining rooms are nicely appointed with linens, etc. (just like a cc, lol). Just dress for yourself and go and have fun!

bev

Byrds eye view gave a perfect description of country club casual. I usually wear cute dresses to dinner, but I love dresses. Nice pants with a pretty top would be fine too, but no jeans, shorts, t shirts (except the silk kind that one wears under a blazer), tennis shoes.

Archived