Aft Cabins

gunner22a

What makes the aft cabins so desirable on the ship? I know they have larger balconies, especially on the M class ships but the rooms are the same size give or take. I would have thought that forward cabins would be more desirable as you get to see where your going as opposed to where you have been.

My wife and I have an aft cabin on the spring transatlantic on the Constellation.

We had an aft cabin on the SS Norway. It was large cabin with a large balcony. It was the broad, wide open view of the sea that was so attractive to us: the expansive horizon with the view of the ships wake trailing off in the distance. Later on Galaxy we had a side balcony. It was nice, but just not the same as looking back across the water as we did on Norway.

Wesley

This may sound silly but we love walking out on our balcony of an aft cabin and looking out the back of the ship. Yeah, if you are on the side you can look out too, but for us it's just not the same. Tough to explain. And the bigger balconies are a bonus, too.

;)

For me, it's the mesmerizing wake! We sat on our REALLY huge balcony on Summit & just stared at the wake in the moonlight every night! The penthouses have flood lights that also light up the wake, it is truly beautiful!

There is just something about an aft cabin. The larger balcony is great, especially if another couple wants to join you for a cocktail or night cap.

The view from the aft cabin in awesome.

We enjoyed waking up in Saint Thomas and seeing the Carvinal's ship almost kissing our aft cabin. We all became waving friends. We also loved hearing the guitar music from the Ocean Bar as we sipped our wine on our balcony.

Once you have an aft cabin, I think you are forever spoiled.

I was lucky enough to snag one for our 2/05 Millennium trip. Too bad there are only a few of these cabins available.

Mari

Archived