Castaway Cay - age?

polymerpig

I was wondering if anyone actually checks the ages of people going to the adult beach on Castaway Cay. I'm just wondering because my daughter is actually 18 but she looks much younger, so it made me think about it. Just curious!

Thank goodness. I was afraid you were going to say that your very mature 14 year old wants to visit!

I have not seen them check IDs. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along.:)

When you go to book an excursion, you are only given the option to book it for those that meet the age requirement.

So let's say you have a 17 year old and an 18 year old daughter going with you...when you attempt to book the excursion online, it would only give you the option to book it for you and the 18 year old. Does that make sense?

For instance, I won't be given the option to book the wave runners for my 4 year old. ;)

They might check the age, but they'll be able to tell by her room key that she's an adult. She needs that to get on and off the ship, so I wouldn't worry about it. (My son also looks a lot younger, he's 22 and looks about 16.)

I know when we were there a couple with a toddler in tow tried to access the adult beach and were quickly turned away by Disney staffers. Disney is great about keeping adults only areas truly adults only. :)

Our 18 year old daughter went to Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay for the first time on our Wonder cruise a month ago, and they never checked or asked for her ID. If your daughter is REALLY young looking, just have her keep her Key To The World handy in case they do ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. Have fun on Castaway Cay. :D It is the BEST part of the Disney Cruise and they don't spend enough time there.

I do know that on the ship they will "ask" the age of anyone they think is not 18 that they see in an adult only area. They are not rude but do make sure that only adults are in the adult areas. I did not see them ask or check the age of anyone on Castaway Cay but I'm sure they do ask.

Archived