Getting Sick On Board - Air Circulating

sherineloh

Hi,

I have heard some people say that it is easy to get sick on board with the same air circulating. In my opinion it is rather aired or airy? Is this true? I am concern if I am bring an infant under 1 year old with possible minimum vaccination. Thanks

Hi,

I have heard some people say that it is easy to get sick on board with the same air circulating. In my opinion it is rather aired or airy? Is this true? I am concern if I am bring an infant under 1 year old with possible minimum vaccination. Thanks

I did notice that, by day 3, all of the kids at aqua tots had runny noses. I was thinking that that had more to do with germs being transferred on the toys, kid to kid, rather than air circulation.

Personally, I cant recollect ever having gotten sick while on a cruise....unless you count a hangover...!:o

I just completed my 12th cruise, and I have never gotten sick on or immediately after a cruise. Neither have my kids or DH. I think the biggest contaminants are handrails and kids' toys, so just take reasonable precautions, and I think you'll be fine. We wash our hands regularly and use the hand sanitizer stations at the doorways to the food areas. Don't worry, and have a great cruise!

We have taken DD age 2, on 5 cruises and none of us have ever gotten sick on a cruise. They do wipe down the aqua tot toys, Im just not sure how effective it is. I watched the lady use a clorox wipe and quickly wipe down the toys at the end of the playgroup. I would just try to prevent him/her from putting them in their mouth and use hand sanitizer afterwards.

Hi,

What do you mean by "minimum vaccination"?

Most germs are spread by hand contact, not through the air. I think if you put a very young child in a group of other children that they haven't been exposed to before, the odds are high you will see the runny nose mentioned in another post.

OK I'll be the odd ball....lol.

Personally I always seem to get sick on the flight, not the cruise. I have a condition where my doctors lower my immune system so I pick up everything, no matter how hard I try (never touch my face, always wash my hands, carry anti-bacterial wipes, blah blah blah)

The only experience we had getting sick on a cruise (and this was before I had a lowered immune system) was when we cruised in a winter month, it seemed like the entire ship was coughing. You could really notice it during a show. That's the cruise where my youngest (8 months old at the time) caught a virus onboard, seized and needed to be medically evacuated. This was the 6th day of the cruise so odds are, she did catch it onboard.

My case was worse case scenario, obviously.

And I am planning another Winter cruise this year, so it hasn't stopped us. ;)

Archived