Cruising in September with Freedom of the seas to the Caribbean

I am going to take a cruise in September with the Freedom Of The Seas. i have heard that this month is not good for cruising in the Caribbean. The weather is suck. i have already oredered the tickets. do u think the cruise can be worth? i saw some movies of pools during cruising in stormy conditions and it was horrible, the water starts moving like waves. what do u think? can it damage the vacation? plz help me its very important. someone had this experience before? thanks

I would think if it were THAT bad, the cruise wouldn't be offered. I've been in rough seas (the Atlantic in April) and it was STILL a vacation. Lots of fun. Just relax and enjoy your cruise!

I assume you're concerned because of hurricane season? If there's a storm in the ship's path, they change the ports. I've always heard that the safest place to be during a hurricane is on a cruise ship!

I haven't cruised during that time because I live in Ft Lauderdale, and I wouldn't want to risk being on vacation and having to worry about my house. But otherwise, I totally would......

look,i live in other country,far away from Amreica.therefore,i have no other date to do the cruise.

i must the weather to be good \:..it mustnt be perefect,but good enough for a vication.

We cruise a lot during hurricane season. We were on Freedom in September a couple of years ago, and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Hurricane season is about 5 months long, but there's not hurricanes that entire time, obviously. If there is that bad of weather, the ship will simply go elsewhere. Have a great time! :)

Hi:

I also live in Florida and we have taken cruises in September and October a couple of times. The weather was beautiful the ships full and we had a great time. A couple of years ago while cruising the Med we couldn't dock in Monte Carlo due do bad weather, it was windy and the waters a little rough. We ended up in Cannes and we made the most of it. Have fun on your cruise!

Neya

tnx alot.

i have more some questions.

do the ice cream and the pizza cost money? i have just intrested by this issue.when the sea is rough, is it felt on the freedom of the seas? i know its a big and massive ship.

tnx very much u helped me alot...

i would be happy to hear more some opinions..

We have cruised in September to the Caribbean for the last 13 years and have never had really rough seas.

In January 08 we did have a rough night out of San Juan that the pools were closed due to high waves but that is the Caribbean and once in a while you might have high seas for a nt or two. The bigger the ship the less motion you feel. You will have a some motion after all it is a ship on water.

Have a great cruise:)

what is about the parties? are they good?

by the way.. im taking the cruise from the 31th of August until the 7 of September.Do u think that the ship will be fully booked? i know that there will have no children because the vication will be over.

what is about the parties? are they good?

by the way.. im taking the cruise from the 31th of August until the 7 of September.Do u think that the ship will be fully booked? i know that there will have no children because the vication will be over.

Summer vacation is not yet over for some of the county at that time. School around here doesn't start until September.

They have some great dance parties in the nightclub on the ship, and they also have some themed parties late at night. (Like the 80's party, 70's Disco party, etc) They are a lot of fun! :)

sorry about the plenty of questions but i am intrested with it..

i have heard that every stateroom have a priavte service man. is it true?

can i call the service crew for some food such as meat and fish ?

tnxxx

We usually cruise in September (because of it's our anniversary month) and have been through two tropical storms and one hurricane (andrew - although this was august). Other than that immediate night being a bit rocky, they storms are always well handled and, with the exception of hurricane andrew giving us a couple extra days on the cruise ship, uneventful. The weather was always great. You will have a blast. Don't worry about it!!!!!

I am going to take a cruise in September with the Freedom Of The Seas. i have heard that this month is not good for cruising in the Caribbean. The weather is suck. i have already oredered the tickets. do u think the cruise can be worth? i saw some movies of pools during cruising in stormy conditions and it was horrible, the water starts moving like waves. what do u think? can it damage the vacation? plz help me its very important. someone had this experience before? thanks

:eek:

Who told you that?

The weather is beautiful during that time: sunny, hot, humid, occasional brief afternoon thunderstorm to cool off and then sunny again.

You maybe sailing during hurricane season but unless there is a hurricane somewhere out there the seas will not be any choppier than any other month.

Secondly, you may want to reconsider cruising. If you cruise you are exposed to the elements and you are depending on mother nature. If you consider some rain or some waves or a missed port as damaging to your vacation you really may want to reconsider. You just can't go with the "damaging my vacation" thought into a cruise. You have to take it in stride and take a cruise as it presents itself to you.

sorry about the plenty of questions but i am intrested with it..

i have heard that every stateroom have a priavte service man. is it true?

can i call the service crew for some food such as meat and fish ?

tnxxx

Each room has a steward; they peform similar tasks to housekeepers at a hotel - they are not the ones that would bring you food. Room service is free and available 24 hours per day. You can order food to be delivered via using the telephone in your stateroom. Although it is free, people usually tip $2 to $5 depending on the size of the order. There will be a menu in your stateroom and/or on the interactive TV in your stateroom that will display the foods and beverages that are available to be delivered.

i have one more question...

i had the possbility to choose between dinner at 18:00 pm or 20:30 pm.

what is better.

i took the first option.

what do u think..>?

I am biased. I like the dinner out of the way before the night time activities.

6:00 pm or 18:00 (;)) would be my choice.

Do u think that the ship will be fully booked? i know that there will have no children because the vication will be over.

There are always kids on a cruise. Always. Families take their vacations at different times, and as Christie stated, summer break isn't over for everyone yet. Some families take their children out of school for vacation, so you should always expect kids on a cruise ship.

The ship may or may not be full. Expect it to be full but if it isn't, a few hundred fewer passengers won't make any difference.

Last year, we were on Liberty of the Seas (sister ship to Freedom) when Hurricane Dean was churning out in the Atlantic. It was a category 5 hurricane. The seas were higher than normal and we noticed some wind, but it didn't even put a dent in anyone's activities. The Captain made daily announcements about the status of the hurricane, but for the most part, it was unnoticed.

Please do not worry about the weather or the conditions of the sea this far in advance. You'll make yourself sick with worry. A cruise is a fun vacation and a great way to spend a week, so just try to relax about everything and I know you'll have fun.

Our last cruise the late seating was too late for us and the early seatng was too early especially on port days. This time we are doing anytime dining on Freedom of he Seas so we can eat around 6:30 or 7. It is offered on your cruise also I think so i would look into it ;)

Unless you can predict the weather, I wouldn't worry about, as you cannot control what happens. If the worry is something that you cannot handle, then maybe you should move your trip to a different time, however, you could have rough weather anytime of the year.

Archived