Pre-Purchasing for Our Cruises.......

sail7seas

Don't know if it just me or I'm forgetting from previous cruises but it seems to me I am getting so many e-mails from HAL reminding us we can pre-book our excursions and all sorts of other additional revenue things. It's fine and a good reminder but I have gotten way more than I ever remember getting in the past.

Anyone else getting many of these reminders/suggestions?

Interesting timing, Sail. I just got one a couple of minutes ago. I do appreciate the reminder that I can pre-arrange parts of my cruise, but usually seek that information out on my own.

I do have to admit though - it's always exciting to see something from Holland America in my inbox!

Just received an email an hour ago from HAL - same thing - welcome to Hawaii and reminder to explore activities and plan details online (purchase shore tours and onboard gifts).

I don't think we ever received this before, but I like the information. I am always excited to receive an email from HAL. :D

Sail I am averaging about one a week. But then I currently have 4 HAL cruises booked. I have two (October and February) Mexican Riviera cruises coming up and I am getting an email about every other week for up for a Mexican Rivier excursion and I am not sure which cruise they are talking about :D

What I did get yesterday in the mail which I thought was interesting was the big thick book that said Caribbean and Mexican Riviera 2009 to Spring 2010

Of course I quickly looked to see if they changed their minds about regular 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises in 2010 and sadly nothing:( The only 7 days cruises are just Holiday cruises. I feel like HAL is abandoning us on the West Coast:(

Sorry for your disappointment about the Mexico Riv. cruises, Lisa. Never know......maybe there could still be hope.

Your point about why we are getting so many makes sense. We have A LOT of HAL cruises booked so there are lots of things we could be pre-arranging.

I never get email from HAL :(

Do you have any cruises booked?

Some people who don't have cruises booked, get snail mail.

Others with cruises booked, do NOT get much snail mail.

As to e-mails, the ones I am speaking about here refer specifically to cruises we have booked.....and for one set of b -to-b's already have our documents.

I've read of people getting Happy Birthday messages but I don't

I get more e-mail from Princess, including a Happy B-day, than I've ever gotten from HAL. And our last cruise, and upcoming cruise, are both on HAL. DH heard my "horror story" from my last Princess cruise, and is reluctant to try Princess. Though I do keep opening the e-mails from them :)

I received one recently for my upcoming cruise in Oct and it said "Personalize your cruise", but it was basic information that I already knew about like ordering gifts, looking at activities offered onboard (that generate profit for the ship like the spa, art auctions, etc), ordering shore excusions and more of the same.

We usually receive at least one of these e-mails close to the time of making final payment (especially if we haven't ordered or booked anything yet). :rolleyes:

I received one recently for my upcoming cruise in Oct and it said "Personalize your cruise", but it was basic information that I already knew about like ordering gifts, looking at activities offered onboard (that generate profit for the ship like the spa, art auctions, etc), ordering shore excusions and more of the same.

We usually receive at least one of these e-mails close to the time of making final payment (especially if we haven't ordered or booked anything yet). :rolleyes:

Never got one of those.

Maybe HAL doesn't want us any more??:mad:

I always do our Registerations on line -- doesn't bother me.

I don't wish to put our AmEx number out on the net. I have a low limit credit card I use for small web purchases. I asked our bank for a separate card for just that purpose. They thought it such a good idea, all the wives of the male bank officer's wanted one too. :) I don't know about the DH's of the lady officers. ;)

Yes, I know. I can enter we'll pay with cash and change it when we check in but until we have to do it that way, I don't want to.

We just got back from our cruise to Alaska, no welcome home letter, probably too soon but I also never get emails and very seldom snailmail. I was hoping for an apology from HAL for forgetting our 50th wedding anniv. and my DH's birthday this last cruise but again natta. :mad: Our TA couldn't get a decent answer from them either. Nevertheless we booked another cruise for Sept. '09 yesterday. Worse things could happen. :)

I can't remember the last time I had an email from HAL, but I regularly get Princess emails and I haven't cruised with Princess since 2004.

Just a thought -- do those of you who get lots of emails from HAL book directly with HAL? I don't, so maybe that's the difference?

Bonnie

Don't know if it just me or I'm forgetting from previous cruises but it seems to me I am getting so many e-mails from HAL reminding us we can pre-book our excursions and all sorts of other additional revenue things. It's fine and a good reminder but I have gotten way more than I ever remember getting in the past.

Anyone else getting many of these reminders/suggestions?

Yes; we have a long [ Grand] cruise coming up in September. I can see the logic for HAL; find & sell POPULAR tours- have an edge on who & how many. The problem is we don't know yet what we really want to do/want to do/and Ho-hum> It will depend a lot on September thru November weather. I do NOT resent the reminder -I appreciate the option!

Anne

Archived