World Venture

Just wanting to know if any of you have heard of World Venture Travel, this is a company that is setting up here in the Atlanta Area, they say they can discount all types of travel at a discount of 50 percent off, I have never heard of them and a dear friend was thinking of using them, I told her to check them out, the info she keeps finding is negative, any info would be helpful, thanks

Not asking about a specific TA I am just wanting to know if anyone has heard of this company, I dont think that should cause any problems, just as we talk about different companies for our excursions.

Believe that it's against the rules to discuss any TA company - not just a specific TA (person)

personally - if I see that much negative - I don't take the chance

Not asking about a specific TA I am just wanting to know if anyone has heard of this company, I dont think that should cause any problems, just as we talk about different companies for our excursions.

Just wanting to know if any of you have heard of World Venture Travel, this is a company that is setting up here in the Atlanta Area, they say they can discount all types of travel at a discount of 50 percent off, I have never heard of them and a dear friend was thinking of using them, I told her to check them out, the info she keeps finding is negative, any info would be helpful, thanks

It is completely forbidden to ask and/or answer this kind of question on CC, but before the hosts remove this thread, I will tell you that I researched this on the internet, and it is apparently an illegal Ponzi scheme.

Too bad in a way. I understand how the boards would have even more TA's posting if allowed. But I also realize all the bashing that happens on this board for a cruise line most in this group has expressed their cruising loyalty. I can only imagine what a hate fest it would become if they had a spot to mention companies to completely avoid.

As to discussing an TA (agent or agency), against the rules. And probably a good thing overall.

And, if anyone offers you 50% off, you gotta ask yourself how that is done. Do you really think somebody can get a cruise for half price? Or a flight for half price from airlines already taking a beating?

Not gonna happen.

We were with "World Ventures" it a multi marketing company like MK,A..way. You sign up pay so much a month and take a test become an online TA. And refer people to your website that searches all to on line services. If they book you get a commission. If you study you can take test for CLIA card and can book travel for clients. Their main selling point is with their ID card you will get discounts with travel services. Except most places have never heard of them and won't honor the card. IMHO a SCAM.

Basic rule of thumb...if it sounds too good to be true....it probably is. My recomendation is, based on my experiance of working front desk in Vegas for 12 years...you have more clout with the company (car, rail, air, hotel, cruise) by going directly with them. If a guest had a problem with their reservation, we could not do a thing about it but tell them to contact who they booked through.

Archived