Are cabins near the front elevator banks noisy?

My husband surprised me with a cruise on the Liberty in October. :DI usually am a bit of a control freak in picking out our cabin, but since it was a surprise...he had a travel agent book the cabin. It is a JS on deck 9, right near the front elevator bank (cabin 9244, if anyone is familiar). I have read on the boards in the past, that cabins near the elevators can be noisy. Any opinions on the location of this cabin? I have never been on the Liberty, so I have no idea what to expect (I know, I know...I need to learn to give up a little control...but a girl needs her beauty sleep!!!!). Should I keep it, or try to switch locations?

Congratulations on having such a wonderful husband who surprised you with a cruise. Elevators are not directly across from your cabin doors but around the corner, behind a bank of walls, if that makes sense. You will not have to worry about any noise from the elevators.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!

If I can, I would like to offer one more testimony concerning the preferability of staterooms located near the elevators and the lack of noise that they occasion. Whenever possible we choose such rooms and, to date, we have never experienced any noise problems with those locations.:)

All I can say is "Ditto".

Cabins by the elevators and stairs are the best. You can be on another deck in seconds. You never have to walk along the long corridors of stateroom doors unless you choose to. You can easily pick a more interesting deck to walk the length of the ship.

Enjoy your JS and have a wonderful time.

We had an inside room next to/behind an elevator last trip and no noise at all other than people laughing coming in from a good time late at night. We take a small electric metal fan for "white noise" for this reason. Works perfectly every time. Also keeps our "noise" down from bothering others.

I love those cabins and have never had a problem with the elevator near by. Sometimes it gets a little noisy but that can happen anywhere. A surprise cruise, what a wonderful treat. Robin :cool:

• 8 years later...