Vancouver Lodging

We are going to be driving to Vancouver for our cruise next June and are looking for a good place to stay the night before. Not too expensvie, but not a flea bag either. Anyone have any sugestions, favorites?

We are driving, because I hate to fly and also wanted to see Oregon and Washington.

Thanks in advance.

We are staying at Sutton Place it was also recommended by the cruise line they want $169 per person or roughly $338 per room....found it on hotels . com for $197.00.

Now I booked 2 rooms one for DH and I , plus one for my parents. The cruise rate included transfers but it is so close to the pier and we plan to just get a cab. I have a feeling the cab will be less than $282 dollars for the 4 of us !!!!

Good luck

We stayed at the Sutton Place in 2006. This is a very nice property and we were very pleased with our room. We initially ran into a problem of them not having the type of room we reserved (9 month in advance). We refused to take “no” for an answer, however, and a room miraculously became available.

have been to vancouver x3, love it...is such a great place to visit

Stayed Renassance Marroitt Harborside x2 got 1st on Pricline $55, stayed 4 nights, 2nd sray in 2005 1 night for $159

last Sept we stayed at the Four Seasons x2 nights..$$$$ but ohhh so nice

Last year, we stayed at the Vancouver Hyatt, about 15 minutes from Ballentyne pier. It's in the Gas Lamp district, which is fun good place to shop and eat. Not sure about the price, was not paid by me, but very nice hotel.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific, I too am not sure of the cost but, it was wonderful. It is within walking distance of alot of attractions and is at the dock for the cruise ships.

I would difinitely staythere again when we return for our next Alaska cruise.

At the end of our Alaska cruise this year we stayed at the Best Western Downtown (there is another BW property just down the street) and really liked it. We had trouble finding something, as it was a holiday weekend and ended up booking directly with the hotel for $140 (we had bid up to $140 on Priceline with no luck).

The hotel was close to the pier ($15 for a cab) and while some of the neighbourhood looked a little rough, it was a close walk to lovely waterfront parks and Yaletown with its great with cafes, pubs and restaurants (we had lunch at the Yaletown Brewing Company- quite nice- http://www.markjamesgroup.com/yaletown.html).

We had a room on the top (11th floor)- a corner room with views of the mountains and the water. It was bright and modern with a flat screen tv, a clock radio with an i-pod docking station, and a nicely appointed bathroom. On the floor above was a fitness room and a whirlpool.

Next to the lobby was a White Spot restaurant (http://www.whitespot.com/) where we had a nice, casual dinner.

The next time we are in Vancouver, we will definitely stay here if we can't find something cheaper through Priceline.

Cheers,

A lot of people recommend the Pan Pacific since it is right at the pier, but it's right at the Canada Place pier and if you're going on the Serenade, it does not leave from that pier - it leaves from Ballantyne. I don't know if any hotels are real close to that pier, but you wouldn't want to stay down there even if there were. Stay downtown.

We just stayed at the Hyatt. Nice place. Good location. Got it on Priceline. Took a cab to the pier (approx. $10).

A lot of people recommend the Pan Pacific since it is right at the pier, but it's right at the Canada Place pier and if you're going on the Serenade, it does not leave from that pier - it leaves from Ballantyne. I don't know if any hotels are real close to that pier, but you wouldn't want to stay down there even if there were. Stay downtown.

We just stayed at the Hyatt. Nice place. Good location. Got it on Priceline. Took a cab to the pier (approx. $10).

Absolutly...Ballantyne is a place to only pass thru the neighborhood...

We are going to be driving to Vancouver for our cruise next June and are looking for a good place to stay the night before. Not too expensvie, but not a flea bag either. Anyone have any sugestions, favorites?

Be aware that there are two separate piers (not close to each other, as I understand it), so be sure to inquire which pier your ship will be sailing from.

Archived