Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Steel balconies - looking at flvol77's great picture coverage, my wife suddenly thought that our E726 (Diamond P) might have a steel balcony. I don't think it has. Can you confirm which please?

Thanks

So are aft balconies bigger than the standard balcony?
Yes all aft facing cabins have bigger balconies along with all the cabins on the Caribe deck.

Hi: We are to sail on the Emerald in 3 months. Saw the pics about the beams, etc for aft cabins. A bit confused. Can u tell me whether Caribe 715 and 719 has a vent or beam? thanks so much, Elaine
While C715 / C719 are aft cabins they are not aft facing cabins....only some of the aft facing cabins have the vent/beam as discussed in this thread, so the answer to your question is no....enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Have not been in A750 on Ruby but last year on Crown had A753 and some friends had A751... the ships are practically identical. The PS's are nice suites with all the suite amenities. tub / stand alone shower etc. The OS's next door are noticably larger with larger balcony and usually not much more money. Whether it's worth it to you or not is up to you. And the 2 beams on the balcony of A753 and A752 do tend to "clutter" the balcony space. If you do a search for that suite number on yahoo pictures you should get some good pics.

Looking for photos of of this suite and any reviews of this suite. Thanks

This is a photo of the aft of the Crown. It shows A 750.

Also I found photos of 751, which should be a mirror twin of 750.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575998515ZUZiki?start=12

(HINT: at the top right of the Princess page is a space that says "search this forum". I typed in A750 and "show posts".)

This is our first cruise on Princess and we booked B750 on the Sapphire Princess for Alaska in 2012. Princess' website has the stateroom listed as having an obstructed/view uses balcony. Looking at pictures of the Aft of Sapphire the only thing I can see is the balcony is partially covered. Is that why it is listed that way? What else should we know. All other cruises have been with Celebrity and Royal. Thanks for any help.

This is our first cruise on Princess and we booked B750 on the Sapphire Princess for Alaska in 2012. Princess' website has the stateroom listed as having an obstructed/view uses balcony. Looking at pictures of the Aft of Sapphire the only thing I can see is the balcony is partially covered. Is that why it is listed that way? What else should we know. All other cruises have been with Celebrity and Royal. Thanks for any help.

It is listed that way solely because of the support beam that exists in the balcony. But with the huge balcony that you have, it should not be a problem.

The Sapphire and Diamond are sister ships. Here is a picture of the Diamond aft so you can see what I mean:

DiamondPrincessII.jpg?t=1216002174

Your balcony is three times the width of the normal mini-sute or balcony double balcony. The beam should not be an issue. To get an idea look at the pictures of A752 balcony on the first page of this thread. You balcony should be similar.

We were in D734 on the Emerld in November. It was a great cabin. The walk from the rear stairs was no big deal. The balcony was larger than a normal balcony and it was covered. The beam is no big deal, it really didn't interfere with our use of the balconny. We really loved being on the back of the ship. The only issue we noticed was that the sound of the wake seemed to amplify itself on the balcony because of the enclosed area. We would defineately do the same cabin again. See picture attached.IMG_1408.jpg.d10ec088ab5a74239008afef8bd0eb01.jpg

We're sailing out of NY July 19th, 2011--New England/Canada cruise on Caribbean Princess in aft suite A751. This is only our 3rd cruise and all the tips/comments/suggestions on this site have been so helpful. Thanks for all the information!!

I'll post pics of the cabin and balcony on cc when we return.

Ok, Just returned from Crown last Saturday and my husband and I stayed in B752. We liked it, but not loved it. We can't decide if we would book another aft again or not.

Positives:

close to aft pool

close to horizon court

Quiet area

OUR STEWARD, ROSA

Larger Balcony then some of the other rooms

Negatives

A LOT of vibration when in port. Not sure why, or what causes it, but it was bad. To the point where I couldn't take a nap one afternoon because the window on the wall was shaking violently.

We felt like we missed out on the sunsets and sunrises most days because of a lack of view.

We also felt like we missed some of the view on port days.

But I do have pictures, so if anyone would like to see them email me and I will send them to you.

There was a beam, but it was off to the side and really not a bother to us, as we just put a chair on each side of it and faced them sideways. We loved our balcony.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone. I am thinking about booking B751 on the Golden for an Alaskan Cruise in July. Now I am worried about the beams. I saw the old pictures of the ship (pre-dry dock). Any feedback would be great!

• 4 weeks later...
Negatives

A LOT of vibration when in port. Not sure why, or what causes it, but it was bad. To the point where I couldn't take a nap one afternoon because the window on the wall was shaking violently.

We felt like we missed out on the sunsets and sunrises most days because of a lack of view.

We also felt like we missed some of the view on port days.

I totally agree about the vibration. And the noice level underway is so high that you have to shout. Especially hard to hear much with guests. You also can not hear anyone knock at the door while on the balcony.

And I forgot but I was so so disappointed that we did not get to see one sunrise or sunset. I love to watch the sunsets while enjoying a glass of wine - BUT none.

And we only had one good view while in port - Aruba. The views were terrible. Dominic Republic was the worst - the filthy water - must have been their trash dumping area and the little shore was totally sickening to view - we stayed inside that day. I always take a picture from shore of my DH on the balcony but was not able toany any port - always facing some restricted area or water.

But the views were great as we left each island - still didn't make up for NO sunsets.

Lonedaddy,

Not sure if the door opens but it drove us nuts - it was constantly banging - we finally stuffed some cardboard in it.

At least you confirmed it was a door. If it is a door it must open just trying to find out if it is on the emerald and does the steward have the key. Just need to find the keymaster:eek:

At least you confirmed it was a door. If it is a door it must open just trying to find out if it is on the emerald and does the steward have the key. Just need to find the keymaster:eek:

Finally after showing TA picture she found someone form princess to confirm the steward is the keymaster. IMHOP the VS/BB with the connecting balcony door are a better layout the family suite (XS) and $2600 cheaper on a 10 day cruise. Thank you cruise critic posters!

Grand Suite on Golden Princess, May 2011 Alaska Cruise...

i-MX7KsLM-L.jpg

i-TvD6Lzg-L.jpg

i-c2tLcVS-L.jpg

Downside to this location: HUGE vents to the left of the dining room table (just past the divider) which are on all the time and require you to shout just to have a conversation. No odors but the noise prohibited us from enjoying the peace and quiet of Alaska. On the narrower portion of the balcony, you are far away that you don't hear it but there are only 2 short chairs to sit on there. The chairs are plush but very short so when you sit, the balcony railing blocks your spectacular view. Bummer. I think I liked the location of the VSs balconies better, away from the center vents, although the Grand Suite itself cannot be beat for real estate.

FYI here are the full suite pix I took:

Edited by kath00

I'm looking for pictures of the Emerald R750 cabin. This is an ocean view, not a balcony and there are only 4 cabins like this. Anyone have a picture?

I am curious to learn about these cabins (Emerald 748,749,750,751) also. Are they just a typical oceanview cabin with an aft view or is there something distinct about them?

I am curious to learn about these cabins (Emerald 748,749,750,751) also. Are they just a typical oceanview cabin with an aft view or is there something distinct about them?
These cabins have two small portholes rather than the standard window. Look at the photo in the first post. I have not been in these cabins but the wake bar on the Sapphire has similar portholes and the view is quite restricted IMHO. On the Ruby these cabins have been converted to balcony cabins and the similar cabins on the Sapphire and Diamond (on Aloha as they have no Riviera deck) are also balcony cabins.