Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I took these pics last week! We stayed in B748, a corner aft balcony room that we really enjoyed, particularly the balcony! It was not as windy, completely enclosed and covered, and perfect to use as an extension of our room.

Your sunrise and sunset pictures are lovely. What I hate about early fixed seating is always missing the sunsets.

Here's some more for this tread. Look v carefully and note the new wood effect floor, rather than the blue plastic tiles (the floor is brown textured paint, with black lines and runs accross the balanconies of E733 and the next door cabin).

P3250177.jpg.9e4742a0eab2c22b27890d17895701b3.jpg

P3180138.jpg.5eb4d39c44b19f99f92b1628464e13a1.jpg

P3160089.jpg.26ba5b3893bc3dbffff69f2018c84cee.jpg

Your sunrise and sunset pictures are lovely. What I hate about early fixed seating is always missing the sunsets.

That is why you must try UBD! :)

We managed to see quite a few Sunsets in spite of keeping our seating, keeping the seating surprised me since I figured I'd be out later touring but in the end I was always exhausted and ready to end the day around 4-5pm and that left plenty of time to make it to my table. The service was incredible, for 28 days it was impeccable! You don't leave a table like that easily for a Sunset!

Better yet, bring your camera and use it in the dining room to take sunset pics! In Alaska, we always wear our Binoculars to dinner--heaven forbid we should miss a whale--even Formal nights! Its pretty funny with my giant Nikon, black dress, and heels!

Amelia

We were waitlisted on the Emerald Baltic cruise and today received notice that our waitlist has cleared and this is our cabin. I know it is aft and all the great reasons to be there, but wonder about the vent next to it and motion. Is there excess noise from the vent and will we have motion sickness issues if we don't normally? We love this ship. We sailed on it last summer from Venice to Bacelona and were on the Caibe deck. Any comments about B756? Thanks.

That is why you must try UBD! :)

We managed to see quite a few Sunsets in spite of keeping our seating, keeping the seating surprised me since I figured I'd be out later touring but in the end I was always exhausted and ready to end the day around 4-5pm and that left plenty of time to make it to my table. The service was incredible, for 28 days it was impeccable! You don't leave a table like that easily for a Sunset!

Better yet, bring your camera and use it in the dining room to take sunset pics! In Alaska, we always wear our Binoculars to dinner--heaven forbid we should miss a whale--even Formal nights! Its pretty funny with my giant Nikon, black dress, and heels!

Amelia

We did try the UBD on the Grand this year and enjoyed it very much even though service was a bit chaotic that night. They made a mistake on our drink order (which they more than compensated for) but the photographer did not show up until our dinner was done. There were other little blips too but they were always made with big smiles and enthusiastic apologies. When the food arrived it was impressively hot and very good.

We have never been fortunate enough to get a dining room table with ocean (and sunset) view. The only time we got a table by the window was on the Constellation last year - and they put decorative covers over the windows every night. :(

For formal nights you might want to consider a classic black camera/binocular strap possibly with a bit of pasted on glitter. :p

What a fantastic thread...Thank you to th OP:)

Does anyone have any info/photos ot the Owners suite B751 onthe Diamond Princess. Our first full suite and our first Princess cruise, so will appreciate all/any info. IE. balcony size/obstructions etc .

We had aft cabins on other lines and just loved them so much !! I hope the Diamond comes up trumps too.

• 2 weeks later...
I took these pics last week! We stayed in B748, a corner aft balcony room that we really enjoyed, particularly the balcony! It was not as windy, completely enclosed and covered, and perfect to use as an extension of our room.

Thanks Amelia,

You have made my day. We are in B748 on Crown in November. Our friends are in B750 and B752. What a party we will have! :D

Just booked R750 on the Ruby, also hoping from some good pictures of the balcony. Can anybody help? Thanks!

We'll be leaving R751 the day you're checking into R750. I've got a great photo of the inside of R751 but I haven't found anybody that has pics of the balcony, which is what I really, really want to see!

Anybody have pictures Aft Riveria Deck balconies???

Wow! All the pics & diagrams have solved which cabin we want next time we sail - now we just have to figure out which cruise to book!

With the visual diagrams are of immense help & seeing the pics, reading the comments I know I'll be ready to ask for just the perfect cabin next time we book.

We were on Star to Alaska 10 May. Had A337. We were quite happy, but the picture of the wake with the sunset did it for me. I know I want the aft/stern balcony next time.

Thanks again to all!

Great pictures and descriptions of the aft cabins. I am considering booking aft cabin B748 or B749 on the Baja deck of the Ruby Princess. Since these are "corner cabins". do you get a view out the aft and also the side of the balcony without having to stick your head over the edge of the balcony (meaning does the plexiglass type rail thing go around the corner)? It also appears that these two above mentioned cabins do not have anything that partially obstructs the view. Am I correct? Thanks.

Great pictures and descriptions of the aft cabins. I am considering booking aft cabin B748 or B749 on the Baja deck of the Ruby Princess. Since these are "corner cabins". do you get a view out the aft and also the side of the balcony without having to stick your head over the edge of the balcony (meaning does the plexiglass type rail thing go around the corner)? It also appears that these two above mentioned cabins do not have anything that partially obstructs the view. Am I correct? Thanks.

B748 has no obstructions, and there is a curve to the plexi so you can see port side as well, but sticking your head over the edge helps enhance that view somewhat! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just love this thread. We are booked on the Diamond E732 for our trip Sydney to Auckland N.Z. January 2010. This will be our first aft cabin, it took me awhile to find photos but thanks to some wonderful posts, I'm very glad I have picked this one. My DH will redoubtably take a zillion photos while on this trip, so I will be sure to post some of the cabin for future aft cruisers.

Adding my 2 cents about the value of this thread! Thank you flvol77 and others for the great work. We used this valuable information to book our cruise in October 2010 in the B749 aft cabin! Based on the pix and comments - can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...
Still wondering if anybody has pictures of Ruby's aft balconies r750 or r751. If not, has anybody stayed in one of these rooms and tell me something about them?

Thanks, Kim

I am wondering too. Please let me know if the balcony is the same size.... looks smaller in the brochure.

I've been asking about this since before Ruby set sail. I still haven't gotten an answer:confused:. Surely someone has stayed in these rooms and has pics???

Thank you for doing this, hope it becomes a sticky. Booked aft thanks to cc members, don't care about the vent, would not care if had a beam. They appear more private than the side balconies (less smoke).

Can't wait to be on our aft balcony. :rolleyes:

Thanks for keeping this thread going. I agree that this would be a great sticky.

Has anyone stayed in D741 on the Sapphire recently? I Understand there is a vent next door.

Thanks!

Barb