Rum Runner Flasks

Go to the money saving board there's a thread or two on them. So far nobody has reported being caught, one person had one punctured by something in suitcase or nearly punctured (can't remember).

Has anyone had problems with the rum runner flask's...getting caught with them, leaking, breaking etc...etc..Just ordered some and plan on using soon so was curious if anyone has gotten caught taking on the ship??? Thanks....

Has anyone had problems with the rum runner flask's...getting caught with them, leaking, breaking etc...etc..Just ordered some and plan on using soon so was curious if anyone has gotten caught taking on the ship??? Thanks....

All I can tell you for sure is that you have opened a big can of worms! The smuggling questions seem to get people fired up!

Some folks that are carrying large quantities also toss in the ziploc a disposable diaper - absorbs a lot if there's a leak.

Ignore the flamers ...

They work fine. Just make sure you put them in double ziploc bags in case they leak.

Usually sending them over to the existing threads on the other board keeps it all in one place - and the flamers are certainly outnumbered there so they are usually quiet.

All I can tell you for sure is that you have opened a big can of worms! The smuggling questions seem to get people fired up!

overeating is a sin to, but we all do it, some just more than others, I hate when people think they are God or the RCCL police, if everyone would enjoy life and their own business the world would be better off.

I have used them on several occasions and have never had a problem. And I don't just use them for cruises. I use them for land based trips because they pack well in my luggage and take up less weight than a bottle.

Go to the money saving board there's a thread or two on them. So far nobody has reported being caught, one person had one punctured by something in suitcase or nearly punctured (can't remember).

Just where is the money saving board??:confused:

I'm thinking of taking the wine in a box in individual servings? Have you guys tried that? The're kind of like juice boxes just a tad larger.

My father brought a *vintage* box (9 yrs old) - it was really pretty great! Aged nicely.

Never seen the tiny boxes.

We brought 8 RR flasks - no leaks, and we did not pack them safely - just stopped by a liquor store on the way to the pier - filled em up, and shoved em in...

Ignore the flamers!

But the rum runner was discovered because it was in a bag with bottles correct? No reports of them being found all on their own - only when luggage was opened for some other reason.

A little bit of trouble. We are not "smugglers" ourselves, but were in a group with some people who did. About half of the bags that had some of that naughty alcohol in them got flagged, including one that was using a RumRunner. The confiscated alcohol bottles and an emptied RumRunner were returned at the end of the cruise. There were no repercussions, other than the stuff being confiscated and having to retrieve the bags from the naughty room.

Hmm, interesting - maybe it was because all the luggage was together? Either way - you should put that on the rum runner thread - first report.

No. If I understand correctly from the friends involved, it was the only 'contraband' in their bag.

How does the ignoring of THIS rule harm you ?

Why do you care ?

It harms everyone because RCL's revenue is impacted. As a passenger we're paying higher fares because of this lost revenue and as a shareholder I'm loosing value of my stock.

It effects everyone in some form or another in wasted time for RCl personnel which affects the bottom line. As i previously stated, the rules don't apply to you, just to me and everyone else, what a great attitude.

Me, me me...mine punctured and left quite a mess.

Archived