Upgrade Fairy

bjkTX

When was the last time she was spotted??? I don't recall seeing any threads about her in ages (having said that I know 100 people will link to recent threads I missed :-).

I hope she hasn't jumped ship.

Edit: Like the one I just spotted from12 July :-)

My last time was in Oct. of 2004 but now if I choose a particular cabin I mark it "no Upgrade" because I just do not want a cabin that I would be unhappy in.

Marilyn

This is the upgrade I am hoping for!! But if it doesnt happen I will still be happy.....

Good luck. When we were on the Royal, it was cool most days, so we did not use the balcony too much. That is why we had decided to book an outside cabin. But for a few days it was very nice.

We had our balcony cabin marked "no upgrade" because we wanted the aft location for Alaska. On our layover from Albany to Seattle we got a call from our TA, Princess had offered us a mini-suite upgrade. We turned it down since they couldn't tell us the location of the mini.

We found out when we boarded that we were in the middle of a family group, they had cabins all along the back of the ship (except ours) and a few down the hall.

This was the only time we've been visited by the Upgrade Fairy!

How soon we forget - the upgrade fairy hit us on the Coral cruise - only one level and not to a location we were crazy about - but an upgrade nevertheless.

Now if the upgrade fairu hits on our upcoming cruise, we will have full suite. That would be nice - and it would be smart on the part of Princess since we already get 95% of the perks that come with a suite.

How the dickens are you anyway, BJ?

Hugs,

Ginger

We just got upgraded from a BD guarantee to a BA cabin. Pretty happy with that. Doubt we will get any higher since that goes into mini suite. We are supposed to be on the Caribe deck that supposedly has the largest balconies, so to go to a minisuite would actually mean a smaller balcony :)

On our upcoming Star Princess cruise, we got in on an upgrade to a BF guarantee for the price of an EE ocean view. When we got our cabin assignment, they'd upgraded us to BA on Caribe! We're pretty daggone happy about that.

On the coastal cruise we went on last spring, we were upgraded from a category 9 inside to a category 4, deluxe ocean view.

These two cruises probably takes care of our share of goodness from the upgrade fairy for the rest of our lives! :D

Out of 7 cruises we have been upgraded 4 times. We just booked an E gty on the Golden and was upgraded to unobstructed DD catagory. We would have been happier with a balcony upgrade but there is still time (5 months) until sailing, I hear that sometimes they will upgrade more than once if you are upgraded early. What do you think? Ever heard of getting upgraded more than once?:D

Archived