Superior Interior Stateroom

Hi,

Just booked my first RCI cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed or has knowledge of Superior Interior cabins? we usually cruise inside, but wondered if they are much bigger and is there noise from above? They are located on deck 8 and are under the pool/buffet area.

Thanks for any help you an offer

Chez

xx

...we usually cruise inside, but wondered if they are much bigger and is there noise from above? They are located on deck 8 and are under the pool/buffet area...

We have never stayed in an interior cabin for several reasons but have had the pleasure (?) of having an outside room under the buffet area. Never again:eek: Even with the carpeting in the buffet area, the noise of chairs being moved about came through. Actually the worst noise of all was at night after they had closed the buffet and the cleaning crew was at work. They moved tables and chairs for cleaning and it was noisy. I would imagine that being under the pool area would be noisy also as they moved chairs around. My advice is to move down one deck. We did on the next cruise and it was much quieter.

We have never stayed in an interior cabin for several reasons but have had the pleasure (?) of having an outside room under the buffet area. Never again:eek: Even with the carpeting in the buffet area, the noise of chairs being moved about came through. Actually the worst noise of all was at night after they had closed the buffet and the cleaning crew was at work. They moved tables and chairs for cleaning and it was noisy. I would imagine that being under the pool area would be noisy also as they moved chairs around. My advice is to move down one deck. We did on the next cruise and it was much quieter.

Thank you so much for your reply:) My last cruise was on the Pacific Dawn and I was under the buffet area, it was really noisy early hours in the morning, found out this is when the food trolleys were moved in to fill the buffet:eek: .....like thunder in the roof:( so wondered whether all ships were like this, funny thing is all the Suites are on Deck 8 on the Rhapsody:confused:

Thanks again and will rethink my cabin:)

Chez

xx

We had a GS and got a superior inside cabin for DD on the Legend. We also had the "pleasure" of being under the pool area - right outside the windjammer. We were on deck 8.

EVERY night and EVERY morning we could hear the chairs being moved. DD said she could also hear the dancing feet every time there was a pool deck party.

We've had other cabins right below the pool deck and never experienced anything like this before. Maybe the older ships are more noisy or maybe we never had that particular location.

It really was pretty awful!!!!!

That was unfortunate because other than that it was a great location.

We has a superior interior on the Rhapsody to hawaii last year......we booked 4 weeks before and had very little choice.

the first night they drained the poolwhich we didn't hear BUT refilling it sounded like the waves were coming through our walls! It was 3 am and I wanted to put on my life vest and start blowing the whistle.

The room was ok but location is more important.......change cabins!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Just booked my first RCI cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed or has knowledge of Superior Interior cabins? we usually cruise inside, but wondered if they are much bigger and is there noise from above? They are located on deck 8 and are under the pool/buffet area.

Thanks for any help you an offer

Chez

xx

Hallo hallo from ladyoftherib!!!

from the answers you have received, the consensus is to change stateroom.......well, be VERY careful.... seems there might be a bit of chaos around....

we booked a stateroom in mid May and all was well until it "disappeared" last Monday and was given to someone else.

At the time of this post, DH and I are involved in negotiations with Sydney office to try and get our cabin back or a suitable compromise..we ARE NOT happy so be vigilant and strong if you decide to change... happy cruising

We had a GS and got a superior inside cabin for DD on the Legend. We also had the "pleasure" of being under the pool area - right outside the windjammer. We were on deck 8.

EVERY night and EVERY morning we could hear the chairs being moved. DD said she could also hear the dancing feet every time there was a pool deck party.

We've had other cabins right below the pool deck and never experienced anything like this before. Maybe the older ships are more noisy or maybe we never had that particular location.

It really was pretty awful!!!!!

That was unfortunate because other than that it was a great location.

Hi threeofus,

I'd say we have a cabin on Rhapsody next April near where your DD was - from the photos and deck plans I have seen, I believe we are just about underneath the bottom of the stairs outside the poolside bar. There's a circular pattern on the deck between the bar and the pool, looks like a dance floor? That would be our roof, LOL. Do you remember your DD's cabin number? Ours is #8021.

Dancing feet occasionally won't bother me, I may well be in amongst the dancing. But scraping chairs early morning - oh no, not for me! :eek: Did your DD hear that, or was it just you in the GS?

We have chosen that cabin as it is 20 sq ft larger than an OV, and we have our DD with us in the cabin. It is $2400 USD additional to upgrade to a balcony, so that is out of the question. $2400 will more than cover all other expenses and shore tours, including several drinks of the day. :D

Thank-you,

Neil.

• 6 months later...

Hello, all!

I am booking a Grand Suite on the Rhapsody for Alaska this summer...

It looks as though they are right under the Windjammer which to me equals chairs being dragged across my ceiling all morning, all day, and into the dinner hours, not to mention the prep time in the morning and the cleaning up after dinner.

Have any of you stayed on deck 8 on Rhapsody (or Vision) and noticed this noise? My 12-night Mediterranean cruise was ruined last year because of constant noise in the cabin and I don't want to go through that again!

Thanks for any insight!

CruiseGuy76

Archived