Invitation to the Captains Table

We've declined all such invitations. Nothing against the Captains - they're probably nice people. But, we're just not into it.

Sometimes the crew seems flabbergasted that someone would decline an invitation to dine with the Captain. The way we see it, it simply gives someone else the opportunity to do something they'd value. So, it's a win-win situation. If people would enjoy it, they should do it.

Hunter & Nori

We too..........have started declining any invitation for any Captain that we don't personally know.

And the crew is not flabbergasted.........but we are getting to be old, and are happy to give up a couple of seats to someone that really wanted to enjoy that experience.

And, no, we have not declince all invitations..........as a matter of fact.....we have enjoyed dining with Captains on over 50 cruises.

And today.......there are some that we consider more than acquaintances. But that is for us to know.

Rick

We have had 4 invitations.

The very first cruise we took we were invited.

We still have not figured out how we were invited.

Someone on the cruises, and, we still never know who it was

sends us the invites. We never stay in suites

nor, do we ask anyone.

Once, our whole table

of 6 were asked to join for the next formal night, early seating.

So, our whole table went...one guy was an Air Force General

that was at our table.

Here is the interesting part.

Every cruise we have been invited was with Celebrity.

Never with R.C.C.L.

We're stockholders, but,

that has nothing to do with it, because we were at 4 Captains

tables with Celebrity before I ever bought the stock.

After I bought the stock, we never got another invite. :rolleyes:

So, I am sure that has nothing to do with it.

We happened to run into Capt. Per on deck the day of our turn around on Mariner...We were watching the people debark and he started chatting with us and then took out his pad and pen and asked if we were early or late dining and if we would like to dine with him on the 2nd formal night...Of course we said Yes...We had a great time...Later, Jill:cool:

Sounds like a logical situation since not too many folks on B2B.

Tori, Darlene, and I say a big Howdy to y'all! Come join us on the VOS for NYE! I even told one person I may just have to bring the horns on that cruise for VOS Old Times sake...maybe that would get the invite to the C/T...:D

We were invited 5 years ago on a Celebrity Hawaii Sailing for our 10th anniversary. We think we were picked while waiting to board the ship. We were both dressed nicely but other than that I have no idea why. An employee came up to us and asked for our cabin # but we had no idea why. We were not in a suite and it was our 1st Celebrity cruise. We had a great time. We met for a cocktail reception with the other invitees and then the captain joined us for dinner. During dinner we were served wine and they took a picture of the table and we were given that later. We mostly cruise with our children so I doubt it will happen again.

Since the question was posed earlier, I have not been invited nor would I accept if I was invited. I will leave it to those who would enjoy being at the Captain's table and wish everyone who wants to be invited the best of luck in your quest. I am just as happy at my table of three other couples with hopefully at least one from outside the USA.

Sounds like a logical situation since not too many folks on B2B.

Tori, Darlene, and I say a big Howdy to y'all! Come join us on the VOS for NYE! I even told one person I may just have to bring the horns on that cruise for VOS Old Times sake...maybe that would get the invite to the C/T...:D

RD: A big Howdy back to you!!! Don't think at this time we will be cruising over the holidays, but thanks for asking ...We have the Liberty scheduled for November and I have to get busy and look for something for 2009...Later, Jill:cool:

Would anybody here turn down an invitation to dine with the captain?

Sorry, no fibbing here, but we have been invited twice in the last 2 yrs. and turned the invitation down both times. Years ago we would accept the invitation but lately we've had special plans with friends and wanted to be with them.

Sorry, no fibbing here, but we have been invited twice in the last 2 yrs. and turned the invitation down both times. Years ago we would accept the invitation but lately we've had special plans with friends and wanted to be with them.

Almost sounds like the best gurantee is to be in the highest end suite...and even that is not a gurantee.

Would anybody here turn down an invitation to dine with the captain?

My daughter and her husband were invited to dine with the Captain on their honeymoon. Having never cruised before they thought the invitation was just something "everyone" got (like a mass email but on a ship) and basically ignored it. They were contacted again just prior to the dinner to see why they had not replied. They still laugh about it ten years later. They went and found it very interesting. Three more cruises under their belt and no other invites. Must have been because they were just married.

Almost sounds like the best gurantee is to be in the highest end suite...and even that is not a gurantee.

No sirrrrrreeee, not us. We usually have a plain old balcony and even have an inside for a 12 night cruise in Nov. (even though I'm not happy about it) I think I'm spoiled!

We had our first promenade cabin on the B2B when we were invited to dine with the Capt...Later, Jill:cool:

Archived